Kieran1uk

Out:

Davis

Forster

Gabbi

Hodet

In:

CF

Wanyama (soooo much better than Romeu and would offer great support to our fragile CB’s and his defensive ability would allow us to press as a unit).

Winger, ideally someone with pace (if possible I’d recall Boufal, think he’d work well in RH system), possibly Sisto.

Should Cedric go I’d have Clyne back, but I doubt the club would given his off field issues with the powder.

A CB would also be nice, but I’d rather strengthen our CDM than at CB as I think Vest and Bednerak have potential.

So what i've heard.

Outs:

McCarthy, Hoedt, Cedric, Davis, Gabbi.

Ins:

Lookman, Poulsen.

Would be very happy with both of those Ins, but quite unhappy if we sold McCarthy. Gunn may be promising, but completely unproven at this level (and not even first choice for u21s anymore)

So what i've heard.

Outs:

McCarthy, Hoedt, Cedric, Davis, Gabbi.

Ins:

Lookman, Poulsen.

Everton turned £20m+ for Lookman in the summer and that was too a club abroad. Suspect they would want £30m from us. Is he worth that?

this might be slight nostalgic thinking, and he may likely be past it as a PL player now despite how well hes doing in France, but I'd love to see Fonte back here again- true captain and honestly for all the plaudits Lovren, Toby and VVD got when with us, Fonte was just as crucial for that for being that leader on the pitch- wish we could bring someone in like that- actually lead by example and not be rash like PEH was, whilst Bertrand does not look galvanising as one either.

we need to trim first though- but squad needs a couple of additions- centrebacks I'd say we are okay for, but right back, centre midfielder and a pacy winger are the three crucial positions we need for me first of all.

this might be slight nostalgic thinking, and he may likely be past it as a PL player now despite how well hes doing in France, but I'd love to see Fonte back here again- true captain and honestly for all the plaudits Lovren, Toby and VVD got when with us, Fonte was just as crucial for that for being that leader on the pitch- wish we could bring someone in like that- actually lead by example and not be rash like PEH was, whilst Bertrand does not look galvanising as one either.

we need to trim first though- but squad needs a couple of additions- centrebacks I'd say we are okay for, but right back, centre midfielder and a pacy winger are the three crucial positions we need for me first of all.

So you think Fonte is past it and say we don't need centre back's but still want him here?

Well that makes a lot of sense

Fonte isn’t coming back but centre back is 100% a position we need to improve in.

I wonder if Carrilo is someone who may help if we dont have funds to buy a forward. Surely his energy and enthusiasm may work under Ralph. Ok he didnt do thatwell before but to be fair we were worse than we are now and the style might suit now.

Clutching at straws perhaps

So you think Fonte is past it and say we don't need centre back's but still want him here?

Well that makes a lot of sense

as in, someone who brought the leadership qualities he did- someone like him- hence why later in the paragraph I write 'someone like that'.

the squad is missing some backbone and steel, a captain like figure, may even explain why we have lost the most points from winning positions- it is like we lose our heads as soon as we concede!

I wonder if Carrilo is someone who may help if we dont have funds to buy a forward. Surely his energy and enthusiasm may work under Ralph. Ok he didnt do thatwell before but to be fair we were worse than we are now and the style might suit now.

Think Ralph has nailed his colours to the mast with regard to what he wants up front, if you look at his comments about being disappointed Obafemi is injured and Long not doing as he hoped, pace is top of the criteria. Don't think during his brief cameo in a Saints shirt that Carillo is overly blessed in that department.

Think Ralph has nailed his colours to the mast with regard to what he wants up front, if you look at his comments about being disappointed Obafemi is injured and Long not doing as he hoped, pace is top of the criteria. Don't think during his brief cameo in a Saints shirt that Carillo is overly blessed in that department.

We do need pace but our limitations in the creative dept means we often have to pump balls forward where we have absolute no presence in the air and the ball comes straight back.

In my view we do need the option of a tall striker who is good in the air.

Not saying Gallagher is the answer but is he long term injured?

We do need pace but our limitations in the creative dept means we often have to pump balls forward where we have absolute no presence in the air and the ball comes straight back.

In my view we do need the option of a tall striker who is good in the air.

Not saying Gallagher is the answer but is he long term injured?

Personally, in my view, the limitations in the creative department is all down to a lack of pace. That's our huge issue up top and has been for ages. Bringing Gallagher in isn't going to change much.

The ball is lumped forward as there is no one quick enough to make runs in behind or down the channels, so it becomes a bit of a hit and hope from the CB's as the final third is so condensed. I personally think players like Armstrong and Hojbjerg would really appreciate some pace in the final third, so many times on Sunday they looked up and everything was condensed as we had no pace, so they had to go backwards…then the CB would just hit it and hope.

Pace is an urgent, urgent requirement throughout our side. I think Ralf thinks that too.

Personally, in my view, the limitations in the creative department is all down to a lack of pace. That's our huge issue up top and has been for ages. Bringing Gallagher in isn't going to change much.

The ball is lumped forward as there is no one quick enough to make runs in behind or down the channels, so it becomes a bit of a hit and hope from the CB's as the final third is so condensed. I personally think players like Armstrong and Hojbjerg would really appreciate some pace in the final third, so many times on Sunday they looked up and everything was condensed as we had no pace, so they had to go backwards…then the CB would just hit it and hope.

Pace is an urgent, urgent requirement throughout our side. I think Ralf thinks that too.

Gallagher isn't slow. He isn't a target man, he's a good player in the making. I hope once he's fit and gets a chance we see what he can do.

OUT:

Austin, Long, Hoedt, Forster, Gabbi, Davis, Carillo

IN:

Centre Back, Creative midfield player, Striker

BRING BACK (if possible):

Boufal, Sims, Reed

Boufal offered the only glimmer of excitement last season. I liked him and I would like to see him back, so long as he doesn't show petulance to the manager (and supposed out right dissent). I suspect he is on a season long loan - looking at his stats, I'm not sure its working out brilliantly for him at Celta Vigo. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sofiane-boufal/leistungsdaten/spieler/232271

Gallagher isn't slow. He isn't a target man, he's a good player in the making. I hope once he's fit and gets a chance we see what he can do.

....once he is fit....that seems to be a big issue with him doesn't it just unlucky or physical weakness.

Just saw Wolves paying 18m for Tammy Abraham not a player I rate. Puncheon to Huddersfield big rumour weakens one relegation rival but strengthens another.

My God this a thousand times. We are so bloody pedestrian at times it's criminal. We've needed pace in midfield since forever and it wouldn't go amiss up front also.

We made the mistake historically of not making pace and acceleration a criteria for any signing to go ahead. It's the same with signings for the academy. Players without pace could probably be incorporated in isolation but not nine out of ten. The standout with the top teams is skilful players with pace all over without that we cannot compete.

Echo what everyone is saying, pace has been a huge problem since Mane left. Looking at how fast West Ham broke on us for their second goal, it feels like we haven’t scored a goal like that for an extremely long time. It’s why Shane Long still plays for us, he is one of very few that brings any pace to the table.

Why are people still pining for Boufal like love struck teenagers. He’s an over rated show pony, that was a complete and utter flop. Move on for gods sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More of a Wild Horse that has the potential to be an Olympic Dressage winner but only with the right management - maybe Ralph could be the one to reign him in.

Puel wasnt with him long enough, Pellegrino clipped his wings, Hughes couldn'y be bothered with him.

I'd look to trade pretty much any player we have with an alternative. We desperately need some size and pace.

Has Bolasie got back to anywhere near his best at Villa and if so can we hijack his season long loan somehow? One of my favourite players to watch when he was at Palace and would love to see that attacking power and pace and tricks added to our forward line.

Why not..certainly wasn’t given enough time on the pitch before.

Fonte back- no thanks. His legs had gone even beofre he went to WHU. And that was years ago.

Boufal back - no thanks. Show pony who would simply not be capable of taking part in RH's high tempo training sessions.

Sims and Reed back - yes please. Sims would suit our style of play perfectly. Reed more a a squad type player but still useful.

Can see Gabbi going. But the the others will struggle to find a smaller club (or a bigger one!) to meet their wages.

Why are people still pining for Boufal like love struck teenagers. He’s an over rated show pony, that was a complete and utter flop. Move on for gods sake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boufal is a class act and is proving it in the spanish league.

Fonte back- no thanks. His legs had gone even beofre he went to WHU. And that was years ago.

Boufal back - no thanks. Show pony who would simply not be capable of taking part in RH's high tempo training sessions.

Sims and Reed back - yes please. Sims would suit our style of play perfectly. Reed more a a squad type player but still useful.

Can see Gabbi going. But the the others will struggle to find a smaller club (or a bigger one!) to meet their wages.

This has to be a joke. Would rather have Sims over Boufal. :lol::lol:

Sims can't even play for a Championship side. Usual "one of our own" BS.

Chelsea sign Pulisic for 58m and then loan him straight back out again. FFP :lol:

Not sure how true it is, but rumours are he was out of contract in the summer anyway. They really are a **** poor example of how to run a sustainable football club with development at its core

Sims and Reed, both of whom (Sims particularly) have never shown themselves to be better than the league they've played most of their football in - namely the Championship. Nothing to do with the fact that they're both homegrown players then? Never

Not sure how true it is, but rumours are he was out of contract in the summer anyway. They really are a **** poor example of how to run a sustainable football club with development at its core

they are banking on that this will be the least he will be worth over the next 5-7 years

could sell him n 5 years time for double that