The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

1. I don't think we have much money to spend this window. Certainly not big money on another CB

2. I still struggle to see a Wilson/Kruger dream team completing good deals. We have a gap in this area since Reed's departure.

3. Still feel we will be looking at loans with an option, which reduces the pool significantly.

We will buy a right back if we sell Cedric and a Forward to replace Gabbi and that will be it I reckon.

Yes and that’s all we need.

Our squad is bloated and come the summer any youngster not good enough will

leave with some squad players that just don’t cut it.

No chance. He's absolute quality.

If there's any sniff of him leaving we'll get outbid.

if he's got any sense he'll stay there for now - Leeds in prime position to get promoted so he'll be in the Premier League next year. Unless of course a major club come in. Alas, that's not us ...

Agreed with what was said above - a forward of some description (striker or wide player) plus a right back if Cedric leaves and that will probably be it. Unless we get lucky with shipping out Hoedt and/or Forster which would free up space in the squad, money for transfers and wages.

Think the summer could be quite interesting, mind. There probably is something to the paper talk - scouts being seen here and there - but imagine it's with a view to a rebuild next window, not this.

On the subject of Bournemouth, it looks like they've managed to get 4 goals out of that 3 year contract they gave Jermaine Defoe. Remember that deal being quite divisive at the time on here.

Think thats got more to do with Defoe not making Eddie's list of favourites and never getting picked than any lack of ability from the player.

Don't know why they ever signed him to be honest.

Think thats got more to do with Defoe not making Eddie's list of favourites and never getting picked than any lack of ability from the player.

Don't know why they ever signed him to be honest.

He seems to be Bournemouth's version of our Martin Cacares signing. Expensive, and sits on the bench, only to be used if existing players go down with a plague. Agree, an odd one.

Saints consider Leipzig captain Willi Orban

Saints consider Leipzig captain

SIMON JONES: Southampton are weighing up a move for Red Bull Leipzig captain Willi Orban as they consider options for centre-back.

As reported by Sportsmail at the weekend, Southampton face competition from Bournemouth for Brentford's Chris Mepham.

Brentford want over £15m for Wales international Mepham who has been on Bournemouth's wishlist for over a year.

Orban is a 26-year-old centre-back, born in Germany and capped at U21 level who has since switched allegiance to Hungary.

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl made Orban captain while at Leipzig and recognises his organising and leadership skills.

Probably the Bundesliga player Nixon was saying was proving tricky.

We can't afford to compete with Bournemouth for a player. But, I'm not sure that's such a bad thing in this case as Orban might be a better option anyway.

where does it say we cant afford to compete with him?! maybe saints dont fancy him as much as other options or dont want to get in to an auction?

The Genk players sound most like our type of signing. Any news on them?

Orban sounds more like one for the summer. Can see us going forward with him, Vesterguard, Bednarek and Stephens for next season.

I've heard it's very likely.

Shame on Mepham, seems to sort of player we should be targeting, especially as £15 million doesn't sound that much for a highly rated Championship player these days.

We seem to be sticking the European route, even though we end up paying those sort of fees anyway, like Hoedt was about that much, granted with Serie A experience with Lazio and international caps for Holland he probably had a higher pedigree but still.

The Genk players i've heard we are after are:

Mbwana Samatta

Joakim Maehle

Now the former, I believe depends on Cedric and possibly won't happen till the summer. Samatta, tussle between us and another club.

Tossard has gone quiet.

Samatta has been heavily linked with Cardiff this week, but their local media say he is a backup target to the Nantes striker Sala, who it seems they are getting despite him appearing reluctant to move there.

The Genk players i've heard we are after are:

Mbwana Samatta

Joakim Maehle

Now the former, I believe depends on Cedric and possibly won't happen till the summer. Samatta, tussle between us and another club.

Tossard has gone quiet.

What about any info on any RB Leipzig players?

Everton and Southampton currently ‘vying’ to sign Man City speedster, and he wants transfer:

After a rash of rumours about Bundesliga interest in Manchester City youngster Rabbi Matondo, Bild today have a big look at the claims and give their own information.

It’s reported that one of the German clubs wanting the 18 year old is Borussia Monchengladbach, and they would see him as a ‘New Hazard’.

That’s nothing to do with the Chelsea player, but rather his brother Thorgan who may leave Gladbach in the summer transfer window.

The winger has been training with City’s first team, report Bild, but sees no way through to making appearances under Pep Guardiola so wants a transfer. He has a contract lasting until June 2020, and has rejected attempts to renew it.

Bild say Matondo is ‘considered the fastest player in the whole club’ at Manchester City, and they call him a ‘Pep-jewel’.

The Welsh international would cost up to €10m, believe Bild, which wouldn’t be a problem for Everton or Southampton if their interest is serious.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-southampton-currently-vying-sign-man-city-speedster-wants-transfer/

Everton and Southampton currently ‘vying’ to sign Man City speedster, and he wants transfer:

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-southampton-currently-vying-sign-man-city-speedster-wants-transfer/

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that Dortmund consider players as being too old for their approach once they hit about 26/27, which is born out by the average age of their first 11 seeming to hover somewhere around 23 since Klopp took over. Leipzig have a similar philosophy and transfer policy, so if we're now going to try and model ourselves after the more progressive German sides, it would make sense to try and hoover up some of the underutilised pace loitering in the top six development squads.

Looks the type we would be after, end product needs some work going on the vids on utubeeee. 10m worth a punt and wages wouldnt kill us.

@AdamBlackmore

#Saintsfc Hasenhüttl told me he needs to add quality to his squad - wouldn’t be drawn on names - but says he’ll do business in this window if it’s the right player for the long-term future benefit of the club - not a short term fix

@AdamBlackmore

#Saintsfc Hasenhüttl told me he needs to add quality to his squad - wouldn’t be drawn on names - but says he’ll do business in this window if it’s the right player for the long-term future benefit of the club - not a short term fix

The Genk RB is a cert for our system plus for the long term.

Watched a YouTube video this morning and he is everything Cedric is not.

@AdamBlackmore

Needs 2 or 3, but unlikely to have the cash.

The Genk RB is a cert for our system plus for the long term.

Watched a YouTube video this morning and he is everything Cedric is not.

trouble is that YouTube could make Mo look good!!! Not really the place to see. To be fair if Ralph rates a player I have more faith than Les's opinion