The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

F*cking Mickey Mouse.

When you’re in a relegation battle you don’t make your squad weaker.

W*nkers.

(Hope to be proved wrong).

How is removing players who don't fit the system, don't want to be here or aren't good enough weakening the squad?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Were not signing anyone are we! What a ****ing shambles of a club we’ve become.

Net spend trophy looks safe in the cabinet still!

what happened to all this “we have learned from our mistakes” bull crap we were fed after last season?

utter shambles, I cannot believe we have not got anyone in. Still time I guess but any optimism is going as the minutes tick down

RH says he wants a squad of 18 + youngsters. That is what I guess we will have. So what is important is to get Lemina and Bertrand back on games ASAP. Have those 2 available (and playing to their FULL abilities) and things will look a little different.

The average PL wage is something like £45k a week, but let's call it for the sake of 18 rather than 25 players, £40k a week. That saves £14.5m a year + NIC etc etc, which makes financial sense, and if it is what the manager prefers, its win win.

Ahhh. Came here for the latest info, found a load of reactionary bedwetters instead.

We have several players who can fill in adequately at RB and clearly Cedric was not first choice. He wasn't part of the plan so needs to go, similar although less importantly (and only if a replacement is lined up) is Austin. That's why we want to sell rather than loan.

RH says he wants a squad of 18 + youngsters. That is what I guess we will have. So what is important is to get Lemina and Bertrand back on games ASAP. Have those 2 available (and playing to their FULL abilities) and things will look a little different.

The average PL wage is something like £45k a week, but let's call it for the sake of 18 rather than 25 players, £40k a week. That saves £14.5m a year + NIC etc etc, which makes financial sense, and if it is what the manager prefers, its win win.

The agent on talk sport today said the average premier league wage was between 60k and 80k per week .

Sky keep talking about how many bids Burnley have made for Che Adams today (4 I think it is now) but no mention of us bidding. So presumably we haven't? Meaning either we aren't really interested in him and it's someone else we are working on, or (more likely) we aren't really planning to bring anyone in. Not a disaster, got rid of some real burdens in financial terms for a few months and hopefully permanently in the summer, but last night did show that in games where we are expected to dominate possession we still lack a cutting edge.

Quite a few getting their panties in a bunch on here and I'd probably be with you if we still had Hughes in charge.

I feel with Ralph the players are improving, the shape is better, the fitness is better. We've become difficult to beat (even when we have an of game like last night). Spunking money now seems like overkill. Yes I know, injuries etc but I feel that with Yoshi, Bertie, Lemina to come back we have enough cover to stay up and then really sort things out ion the summer.

Would you prefer we spunked cash now on a risky buy, improved by 2 spots in the league and have less in the summer to spend?

what happened to all this “we have learned from our mistakes” bull crap we were fed after last season?

utter shambles, I cannot believe we have not got anyone in. Still time I guess but any optimism is going as the minutes tick down

We have learned from our mistakes, we aren’t throwing money at garbage like Carrillo this year.

Would you prefer we spunked cash now on a risky buy, improved by 2 spots in the league and have less in the summer to spend?

Why does it have to be a 'risky' buy? We have a department responsible for identifying targets and conducting due diligence is part of that remit. 2 spots could be the difference between maintaining Permier League status and free fall relegation. Ralph has given the impression that we are bringing people(s) in. I'd be more worried if we are having him over and the consequences of that.

If we stay up.

Why does it have to be a 'risky' buy? We have a department responsible for identifying targets and conducting due diligence is part of that remit. 2 spots could be the difference between maintaining Permier League status and free fall relegation. Ralph has given the impression that we are bringing people(s) in. I'd be more worried if we are having him over and the consequences of that.

Because clubs don’t want to release their starters mid season.

Literally every January window you get people imploring others to wait till the end of the window and then you get another group on their high horses saying how brilliant it is that we've made so few/no signings and criticising others for daring to give a reaction that is less than positive. Personally I think it's very disappointing that we haven't managed to strengthen no matter what the manager/club pr tells us. I don't believe it's the choice of the manager not to get someone in, we simply don't have much cash for players and we are taking the risk that we can stay up without any signings which isn't very inspiring.

Literally every January window you get people imploring others to wait till the end of the window and then you get another group on their high horses saying how brilliant it is that we've made so few/no signings and criticising others for daring to give a reaction that is less than positive. Personally I think it's very disappointing that we haven't managed to strengthen no matter what the manager/club pr tells us. I don't believe it's the choice of the manager not to get someone in, we simply don't have much cash for players and we are taking the risk that we can stay up without any signings which isn't very inspiring.

Quite clearly, we are woefully short at RB. Which is a key component in our current set up

Edited by Batman

Simon Peach

@SimonPeach

All quiet at Southampton so far... only #DeadlineDay action there has been Jake Hesketh joining MK Dons on loan.

Simon Peach

@SimonPeach

Emile Smith Rowe the latest English player to head to Germany. The Arsenal youngster has joined RB Leipzig on loan for the rest of the seasonmile Smith Rowe the latest English player to head to Germany. The Arsenal youngster has joined RB Leipzig on loan for the rest of the season.

Reading between the lines...