Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 2688

Thread: The January Transfer Window 2019!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    How many games total did that lot play for RH?

Not in his plans. Not needed.
    Cedric had a calf strain and when fit has played a part in ever game RH has managed!

You underestimate this lot on here. If we won the league they'd be complaining about the type of bus used to do the parade.
    open top is my preference. Perhaps an old Leyland Titon rather than some modern design.

Could we win the net spend trophy yet again ?

COYRs

if we sign JKA I promise I won't moan

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cedric, Hoedt, Gabbiadini, Davis were not "deadwood"
    That's your opinion, but by not featuring in RH plans they were deadwood.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    That's your opinion, but by not featuring in RH plans they were deadwood.
    Hoedt is the only one who was deadwood. The others are all capable backups until better players are brought in (Cedric and Gabbi in particular, where we are thin in those positions).

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Hoedt is the only one who was deadwood. The others are all capable backups until better players are brought in (Cedric and Gabbi in particular, where we are thin in those positions).
    Agreed. Big FF is deadwood.

These guys seem to be confusing deadwood with squad player.

That's your opinion. They were not in RH plans. They were deadwood.

9. Default

Agree completely. I don't really have a problem with selling Cedric but we haven't sold him we've loaned him leaving us with Valery as our only recognised right back. We may yet bring someone in but if we don't why have we let Cedric go especially as he may be back in the summer? To say he's deadwood having been involved in the last 5 games is rather odd.....

10. Default

Cedric had a calf strain and when fit has played a part in ever game RH has managed!
    Oh go on then... I'll give you the benefit of that erotic tingle you get when you receive a bite...

Cedric was fit for at least 4 PL games between reported injury and leaving, and "played a part" in two of them (both off the bench, and only because one of Valery or Ramsey was unavailable as back up IIRC).

Last edited by trousers; 30-01-2019 at 06:19 PM.

11. Default

Could we possibly get Mahrez on loan from City?

He was an unused sub last night so obviously considered "deadwood"

12. Default

Textbook

#nonsequitur

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    open top is my preference. Perhaps an old Leyland Titon rather than some modern design.
    I'm sure there's still an open-top Southampton Corporation Guy Arab kicking around as per 1976.

We’re hardly thin up front for a team that plays one upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    We’re hardly thin up front for a team that plays one upfront.
    Ings barely stays fit...

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    The manager said we'd only sign people if good long-term options became available. They have been clear. It's good they're not just throwing money around for the sake of it like so many clubs.

For the first time since Koeman we properly invested in a manager while than poorly judged expensive signings that abysmal managers can confuse.
    Right on message, you should get a job offer from Ralph K tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Ings barely stays fit...
    16 of 24 is a lot more than barely and that’s with an idiot like Hughes deliberately playing him when injured.

Even With Obafemi injured, Austin is still nowhere near the bench, let alone gabbi if he was still here.

16 of 24 is a lot more than barely and that’s with an idiot like Hughes deliberately playing him when injured.

Even With Obafemi injured, Austin is still nowhere near the bench, let alone gabbi if he was still here.
    lets see if he lasts much past 60 mins at the weekend..hell, even tonight

19. Default

Could we possibly get Mahrez on loan from City?

He was an unused sub last night so obviously considered "deadwood"
    That is poor, even from you. Trying way too hard.

20. Default

You underestimate this lot on here. If we won the league they'd be complaining about the type of bus used to do the parade.
    When the club does the right thing, it's universally supported.

Case in point >> https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...5#.XFH9vKSnyaM

Hmmm, just been told to expect some movement tomorrow...if it's true people will be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Hmmm, just been told to expect some movement tomorrow...if it's true people will be very happy.
    Expect plenty of bowel movements when SOD all happens.

That sound you can hear is me clutching at a straw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only movement we will see is the sky reporter being told to go home early

CHE ADAMS. Southampton bid too low just now. Need Austin gone. BURNLEY keep trying.

accoriding to Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    CHE ADAMS. Southampton bid too low just now. Need Austin gone. BURNLEY keep trying.

accoriding to Nixon
    I genuinely don’t know what we’ve done with all the PL and transfer money in recent seasons. Mental.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    I genuinely don’t know what we’ve done with all the PL and transfer money in recent seasons. Mental.
    Carrillo / Elyounoussi / Gunn / Armstrong / Ings / Vestergaard etc.

Tomorrow is gonna be busy.

That's unbelievable Jeff ...

Do feel like we need an attacker in, we lack pace.

The published accounts will tell you exactly where the money went up till June 2017. So just the last 18 months is unexplained

Agents fees, bonuses, running costs, non playing staff costs, new red bits round the pitch, new signs outside the main entrance. We are the ONLY Club that has to pay these additional costs, which is why also being the only club to make a profit from transfers in the last 5 years winning the Net spend trophy 4 years in a row, we are also the only club that cant buy anyone with selling first.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Agents fees, bonuses, running costs, non playing staff costs, new red bits round the pitch, new signs outside the main entrance. We are the ONLY Club that has to pay these additional costs, which is why also being the only club to make a profit from transfers in the last 5 years winning the Net spend trophy 4 years in a row, we are also the only club that cant buy anyone with selling first.
    Ah, now it makes sense.

We are so well run.

Puel. Boufal. Gabbiadini. Hoedt, Pellegrino. Lemina. Carrillo. Hughes. Vesteguard. Ralph.

Transfer fees, agent fees, sacking fees, signing on fees. We've spent an absolute fortune. Most of it really badly, and now we're paying the price.

35. Default

Les Reed

Say we get a good attacker/winger.

Do you think we'd suddenly play 343 or 433? I'm not sure if we're being defensive due to personnel or intent. I really hope it's the former.

Bertrand, Yoshi, Lemina and a decent forward added to this team makes the world of difference.

Right back and either a creative wizard or striker in tomorrow please.

Do you think we'd suddenly play 343 or 433? I'm not sure if we're being defensive due to personnel or intent. I really hope it's the former.

Bertrand, Yoshi, Lemina and a decent forward added to this team makes the world of difference.
    I think we’ll largely stick with 343 this season due to defensive frailties.

Ralph just said.....we have a couple of options to come in,very difficult in the winter months to bring in players....if not,we wait until the summer.

40. Default

It's clearly personnel, in terms of the centre backs and full backs. Vestergaard is too slow to play in a 4 without being exposed, Stephens also not strong and focused enough. Valery and Targett can also be shaky without the extra insurance of the extra CB behind them.

Even with another better attacker, I think Ralph would probably still stick with the 3 at the back until he is able to get a stronger CB and RB in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

41. Default

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc manager Ralph Hasenhüttl told me he is still looking at options to buy in this window but “it’s not easy”
    Says he’s happy with the squad he has for now if they don’t sign anyone until the summer

Meltdown 2019

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Let's cross our fingers that we scrape through to the summer then. Inspiring...

No panic here if summer is what it is. Today we played poorly but got out with a point. Before we would have lost imo.

Maybe a loan or two in tomorrow so the real rebuild can happen in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    That's quite a leftfield choice Chez.

I glad you shied away from the AEC RT or RM options, way too obvious!

An Olympian or an Atlantean would be viable alternatives to your Titan.

However, I'd plump for a Bristol; either a VR or preferably a Lodekka.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Austin has left.

Don’t crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

Just passing on what has been said.

I think we’ll largely stick with 343 this season due to defensive frailties.
    No problem with 343, think it really gives 3 attackers licence to attack. It's 352 I hate with 3 largely defensive central midfielders.

49. Default

Ralph press conference at 11am tomoz so might be an update then.