Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2688

Thread: The January Transfer Window 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by SFC-TID! View Post
    Austin has left.

Don’t crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

Just passing on what has been said.
    If Bertrand left something is really off financially. Cedric was way off form, never as good as Bertrand and seemingly not invested in the new system. Bertrand fits it perfectly and is a top player. Could really help us in a back 3 too and add some pace and balance.

Austin has left.

Don’t crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

Loans or permanently?

Austin has left.

Donít crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

We would have to have a Bertrand replacement lined up then (as well as a RB and an attacker). Can't see us making three signings at this stage, nor limping through to the end of the season with just Matt Targett as our only left sided option.

Jake Vokins is nowhere near the first team yet.

Interesting times...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If we get rid or Bertrand and Austin after clearing out Cedric ,Hoedt ,Gabbi and Davis . Without bringing anyone in imo it's 1 a big gamble 2 VERY brave and 3 hopefully a sign of a massive rebuild in the summer .

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    If we get rid or Bertrand and Austin after clearing out Cedric ,Hoedt ,Gabbi and Davis . Without bringing anyone in imo it's 1 a big gamble 2 VERY brave and 3 hopefully a sign of a massive rebuild in the summer .
    It would be very brave and also completely stupid.

Austin I couldn't care less about.

But Bertrand doesn't fit that list. He's one of our best players and the most experienced. We really need him back in the team asap.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Austin I couldn't care less about.

But Bertrand doesn't fit that list. He's one of our best players and the most experienced. We really need him back in the team asap.
    But do the team want him back?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    We would have to have a Bertrand replacement lined up then (as well as a RB and an attacker). Can't see us making three signings at this stage, nor limping through to the end of the season with just Matt Targett as our only left sided option.

Interesting times...

Neither is Ramsey and heís our RB backup,

Personally canít see Bertrand going anywhere at this stage, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Would be a stupid gamble. We showed tonight how thin our squad is. If Redmond and Ings get injured we will be ****ged.

Well Bertrand has been back in training for 2weeks.....nowhere near the squad and a saleable asset.
    Wouldnít surprise me at all.
    Either way...we are playing s game of Russian roulette with the outgoings,and feasibly not having any incomings in blatantly lightweight areas.
    We may have differing opinions on the out going players importance to the squad,but we would be decisively weaker.
    And all for a fairly insignificant financial saving compared to relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    But do the team want him back?
    What's that supposed to mean? The club aren't going to try the whole "he's a toxic disruptive influence" rumour thing again to justify yet another sale of a top player with no adequate replacement are they?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tyler Adams signed and Arsenal’s Rowe who’s having a medical on Thursday with RB Leipzig push Jean-Kevin Augustin further down the pecking order.
    Could we get him on a season loan with a promise to buy in the summer?

Reckon this one could come off plus a defender.

My guess is we will AT BEST get one in on a loan. Whether that's up front or down back who the hell knows.

Can't see the Bertrand thing being true, as it would have been out there in the media by now for sure.

But who the hell knows anymore.

#InRalphWeTrust?

Bertrand isnít going anywhere. Or is he

Austin has left.

Donít crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

Didn't you previously state Bertrand was on strike rather than injured?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post

Interesting times...

Hasenhuttl used Tyreke Johnson as a left wing back, he is currently higher in the pecking order than Vokins.

The prospect of Bertrand going is nuts. Vokins isn't good enough back up and Johnson can't defend. I was relaxed about our departures but if this is true we'll have a paper thin squad.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    The prospect of Bertrand going is nuts. Vokins isn't good enough back up and Johnson can't defend. I was relaxed about our departures but if this is true we'll have a paper thin squad.
    Deadwood mate

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Deadwood mate
    Ha!! Injured, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoneuelllfanclub View Post
    Didn't you previously state Bertrand was on strike rather than injured?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
    Yep, that’s right. He’s a diva. Ralph doesn’t do divas. As I say, only whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchards View Post
    Tyler Adams signed and Arsenal’s Rowe who’s having a medical on Thursday with RB Leipzig push Jean-Kevin Augustin further down the pecking order.
    Could we get him on a season loan with a promise to buy in the summer?

Reckon this one could come off plus a defender.
    This was the one I'd heard...

Yep, thatís right. Heís a diva. Ralph doesnít do divas. As I say, only whispers.
    Doesnít surprise me, heís been on the sidelines with no update for a suspiciously long time.

23. Default

Bertrand going would really worry me, been looking forward to his return for ages, but that does seem to have gone quiet. Im happy with the outgoings this window, but last night showed we really could do with a couple of incomings.

24. Default

Classic Saints **** show.

#deadwood

25. Default

I'm not worried because an ITK person told us to wait until the end of the window and did a smiley winky face so no worries we are definitely signing loads of players.

Bertrand off is very believable. Probably been told he wonít skipper and is a bit billy big boots. But is v experienced and good player so a worry if not replaced by something better than an ex Hull Norwegian Moroccan. And is Mo really still getting a game? Bare bones.

When you think about our two full backs, they really play as wingers.
    IMHO Taggart and Valery are not great wingers but Valery is improving for sure.

Maybe we have no position for Bertrand anymore because of the way RH likes to set the team up?
    If Taggart did get injured then he would either use Johnson (massive gamble) or what he did when Valery went off but to the left flank instead.

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Do City still need a left back?

Maybe we have no position for Bertrand anymore because of the way RH likes to set the team up?
    If Taggart did get injured then he would either use Johnson (massive gamble) or what he did when Valery went off but to the left flank instead.
    The way Ralph sets the team up would suit Bertrand more than Targett, so that certainly wouldn't be the reason if Bertrand does leave (can't see it happening)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Do City still need a left back?
    Nah. Mendy on the mend, Danilo, Zinchenko plus Delph. Not sure where he'd end up tbh... Arsenal perhaps?

Bertrand is not off from what I've heard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Doesnít surprise me, heís been on the sidelines with no update for a suspiciously long time.
    Manager has said he has been back training for couple of weeks but still hasn't shown enough in spring training to feature.

Whether this is ongoing injury, attitude to type of training, or wanting to leave I don't know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Manager has said he has been back training for couple of weeks but still hasn't shown enough in spring training to feature.

Whether this is ongoing injury, attitude to type of training, or wanting to leave I don't know.
    Sprint training

34. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    This was the one I'd heard...
    If we're struggling to bid for a right back & Che Adams, I'll be amazed if we can get this one done.

If we're struggling to bid for a right back & Che Adams, I'll be amazed if we can get this one done.
    It’s a loan deal which is much easier.

Loan now, purchase Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Doesn’t surprise me, he’s been on the sidelines with no update for a suspiciously long time.
    That's not true as there was an update on him, Targett and Lemina on Twitter and the OS on Monday. https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/st...01981462917120

38. Default

Would be great if true.

Would be amazed if we committed to more summer spending now, given we already have Ings on that basis.

Expecting no ins and no outs personally.

If we don't want to loan out Gallagher and Austin doesn't go anywhere permanently then we would have six strikers already (Redmond, Ings, Long, Austin, Obafemi, Gallagher) so no room for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Would be amazed if we committed to more summer spending now, given we already have Ings on that basis.

If we don't want to loan out Gallagher and Austin doesn't go anywhere permanently then we would have six strikers already (Redmond, Ings, Long, Austin, Obafemi, Gallagher) so no room for another.

How many of those are goalscorers

Just what I was told last night, and then RB Leipzig loaned a couple of players - of course may not be true but have no reason to not believe it, apart from Saints tending to be **** at this type of thing.

Sussex - previously New Milton & Kingsclere

The list of strikers shows that selling before buying isn't just a funding issue, or about keeping within FFP rules. Six strikers looks adequate, even though they all offer something different. If Austin has gone, that would open up a space as well as freeing money to increase the bid for Adams.

Bertrand is not off from what I've heard.

No flight tracking going on.

No earlobe rumours.

No players looking to rent Martin O'Neill's old pad.

#boring

I heard we have put a cheeky bid in for Peter Crouch.....

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Its a bit late for him to detour from his Burnley medical, now.

47. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NI Saint View Post
    That's not true as there was an update on him, Targett and Lemina on Twitter and the OS on Monday. https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/st...01981462917120
    yeah, yeah but you can prove anything with facts...ffs, please step a side there is a meltdown in progress...

this place

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    would like to see him back. offers something different, and would be good for dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    The list of strikers shows that selling before buying isn't just a funding issue, or about keeping within FFP rules. Six strikers looks adequate, even though they all offer something different. If Austin has gone, that would open up a space as well as freeing money to increase the bid for Adams.
    It's analysis like this that gets you a professorship

Of course Valery can and probably will improve, but he is still pretty terrible going forwards. Looks like he has no idea what to do with the ball when he gets it.

Don't think Gerry Taggart is the answer on the wing, he was always a centre back and is now 48.