Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2688

Thread: The January Transfer Window 2019!

We haven't even produced an extra page today. You all working or something?

Can someone please just make up some ****e.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Augustin loan? Seems to be the one we want...
    This. Although they want a perm deal. Poker time

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    So, whats 'appening?
    We're looking down the back of the sofa for some cash whilst there's hope we're going to loan a striker who has a £38m release clause.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Put it this way, in 10 hours or so, it will be too late to worry about it.

But on a serious note, look at Chelsea. They've splashed the cash, got a manager who seems lost, and are not a unit at all, albeit way up the table. All their fans seem to be doing is calling for even more spending. Spend spend spend. I looked at the starting XI vs LCFC and thought we were going to be absolutely hammered. But they did OK.
    It's all most fans seem able to think of, despite all evidence to the contrary. Look at City, there's a squad that needs no more money spent on it. But their mentality is slightly off this season, they look lost when they go behind in some games and it'll cost them.

Chelsea are playing Kante in attack BECAUSE of spending a fortune on another central midfielder. They'd be in a better position if they'd saved the money and not bought Jorginho. As if Kante, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovavic and Loftus Cheek wouldn't have been good enough. Kante in his right position can make any midfield partner look better.

United too. Endless money spent and wasted, they just need someone to get them playing.

We could have spent 100m under Hughes and still been awful. The biggest signing we made was Ralph. Far more important than anything else and we keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

As per usual you mean?

6. Default

Fill your boots > https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/search.php?searchid=5638941

7. Default

Adams, Augustin and Maehle will all sign by the close of the window.

Apparently we have had a £12m bid turned down for St Etienne midfielder Ole Selnaes. He is set for China.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowcato View Post
    yeah, yeah but you can prove anything with facts...ffs, please step a side there is a meltdown in progress...

this place
    Was my comment really a meltdown? I dont remember adding any exclamation marks or 'FFS's'...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Apparently we have had a £12m bid turned down for St Etienne midfielder Ole Selnaes. He is set for China.
    Still in contact with Jack Schitt soggy?

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    This would have been a strange one for me as not a problem area. Although report makes him sound too class, if Barcelona are interested...........

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Interesting watch thanks, shows how mental the whole thing is.

It's all most fans seem able to think of, despite all evidence to the contrary. Look at City, there's a squad that needs no more money spent on it. But their mentality is slightly off this season, they look lost when they go behind in some games and it'll cost them.

Chelsea are playing Kante in attack BECAUSE of spending a fortune on another central midfielder. They'd be in a better position if they'd saved the money and not bought Jorginho. As if Kante, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovavic and Loftus Cheek wouldn't have been good enough. Kante in his right position can make any midfield partner look better.

United too. Endless money spent and wasted, they just need someone to get them playing.

We could have spent 100m under Hughes and still been awful. The biggest signing we made was Ralph. Far more important than anything else and we keep us up.
    +1 for all of that, with a +2 for this bit.

Very true. We wasted more than £100 million on players like Carrillo and Hoedt we are now struggling to give away. Let's hope Ralph brings some much-needed common sense to our transfer activity.

Poor Jane is freezing her tits off at St Mary's. And nothing is happening.

Why they send reporters to us, I don’t know. Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So from Ralph's comments he clearly expects somethig to be done....over to wee Ross and the hockey lad. Boost this roster.

18. Default

NEWCASTLE SIGN ALMIRON:

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Miguel Almiron.

The 24-year-old has penned a five-and-a-half year deal which will keep him at the club until 2024.

We understand the fee is a club-record £21m.

19. Default

Dont want to panic anyone but the window SLAMS SHUT in just 8 hours 26mins

So up early here in Vancouver...hoping for something concrete...anything...but there's absolutely nothing confirmed out or in - I'm hoping for Austin out decent RB and attacker in. Where has Guan and our other ITK's gone in our hour of need?!

21. Default

Heard that RaHa is running his eye over Boufal and Carillo to see if they fit his system. Don't know how reliable this rumor is or if even possible. I'm sure a MLG type poster will confirm...

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dont want to panic anyone but the window SLAMS SHUT in just 8 hours 26mins

23. Default

Newcastle have just broke their transfer record for Almiron.

NEWCASTLE SIGN ALMIRON:

The 24-year-old has penned a five-and-a-half year deal which will keep him at the club until 2024.

Have seen a bit of him watching MLS with the Whitecaps here (watch out for Alphonso Davies who made his debut for Bayern this week btw - exceptional talent). Almiron is talented for sure but physically lightweight - it will be really interesting to see how he copes in the PL. Quite a jump for him. He's good but doesn't have me quaking in my boots...

Austin has turned down a move to a championship side according to Talksport. Wants to stay and fight for his place rather than move to championship

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Heard that RaHa is running his eye over Boufal and Carillo to see if they fit his system. Don't know how reliable this rumor is or if even possible. I'm sure a MLG type poster will confirm...
    It would surely be common sense to do this, they are still our players. They didn't work for MP and MH (like many of those who are still here) but we should at least try and get some worth from them.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EBS1980 View Post
    Austin has turned down a move to a championship side according to Talksport. Wants to stay and fight for his place rather than move to championship
    FFS.

He isn't fit enough to win a place in the side, not a bad player to have on the bench but if Ings gets injured but not sure he's the type of player Ralph would like to rely on.

NEWCASTLE SIGN ALMIRON:

Stupid signing

A Guan/kbilly update wouldn't go amiss right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty 76 View Post
    A Guan/kbilly update wouldn't go amiss right now...
    You’ll be lucky

I suppose Charlie Austin staying kills all chance of bringing a new forward in, which is a shame as part of me was still really hyped at the prospect of JKA despite how unlikely it was. Still, a decent new rightback and it won't have been that bad a window.

I'm not sure it can be called "fighting for his place" if he's not prepared to lose some weight and get fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_SFC View Post
    He isn't fit enough to win a place in the side, not a bad player to have on the bench but if Ings gets injured but not sure he's the type of player Ralph would like to rely on.
    Under any manager in any system Austin is not fit enough to start premier league games. Championship is pushing it. 20 minute sub for a side that creates plenty of chances, sure. But for us he's just anonymous most the time.

Half decent poacher, poor footballer, appalling athlete.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure he is the greatest athlete to be honest, fantastic goal scorer, and would be excellent if the game was played on a the yard pitch

Likely earning a pretty penny and lives in an area he likes, he isn't going anywhere unless it suits him I'm afraid

Austin needs to lose some weight and stop sniffing so much through his nose if he is to feature at all in RH plans. I wouldn't hold your breath on either. All allegedly, of course.
    Last edited by LGTL; 31-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Austin needs to lose some weight and stop sniffing so much through his nose if he is to feature at all in RH plans. I wouldn't hold your breath on either.
    #libelous

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    #libelous
    He just suffers badly from colds mate, uses a lot of Vicks.

“Turning our to be the worst transfer window in our history”.

40. Default

Someone did say on here that Charlie can't train like others because of his dodgy knees. So not sure it's fair to use the fitness thing.

Other libellous allegations i have no idea about.

Wanting to stay and fight for his place is pretty commendable actually.

Default The January Transfer Window 2019!

Austin needs to lose some weight and stop sniffing so much through his nose if he is to feature at all in RH plans. I wouldn't hold your breath on either. All allegedly, of course.
    #mess

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    “Turning our to be the worst transfer window in our history”.

Nah that would be when we got Carillo.

So It comes down to us getting rid of a carthorse for a half decent striker.
    Blimey this transfer window has been a bundle of joy for a Saints fan.

Imagine if we were in the Championship and a PL team came in for our top scorer

Would have been gone on 1st January

Can't wait for the summer when krugar still claims we have no money.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Just like previous January's, I don't think we will get anyone until maybe right at the end of the window. Maybe a rb on loan.
    Seems I was maybe optimistic with the loanee RB comment.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    It is true... but won't happen until the summer

No one is arriving...

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    No one is arriving...
    Your username is very apt at the moment.

50. Default

Poor Jane is freezing her tits off at St Mary's. And nothing is happening.
    Do you have evidence of this? (the first part, as the second part is self-evident)