The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Good question. Apparently Villa were paying ALL of his £70k a week wages so I can see why they did it!

Bolasie cancelled his loan either because Everton wanted him back and it was up to him to cancel the loan to make that happen. Or, he knows that another premiership club are interested in taking him off Everton's hands in this window. I suspect that would be Palace, but Bolasie to Saints has a nice ring to it. One of my favourite players prior to the crucial ligament injury. The question is, has he got that electric pace and power back?

Not sure I can see Austin playing for Bielsa either.

Seems very settled in the South. I don't suppose Reading have the finances to bring him there. I don't suppose anyone without a parachute payment could afford even half his wages.

Bolasie cancelled his loan either because Everton wanted him back and it was up to him to cancel the loan to make that happen. Or, he knows that another premiership club are interested in taking him off Everton's hands in this window. I suspect that would be Palace, but Bolasie to Saints has a nice ring to it. One of my favourite players prior to the crucial ligament injury. The question is, has he got that electric pace and power back?

He was pretty poor in the championship. Why would you want him here with his wages?

Bolaise has always blown hot and cold and Everton were nuts to spend £30m on him, which is why he's been loaned to a championship team. He barely played there and hasn't been impressive, unsurprisingly. I wouldn't take him even if he were free.

Bolaise has always blown hot and cold and Everton were nuts to spend £30m on him, which is why he's been loaned to a championship team. He barely played there and hasn't been impressive, unsurprisingly. I wouldn't take him even if he were free.
To be fair, he blew his knee out early on in his Everton career and has been nothing like the same player since.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Sky are reporting that Yannick Bolaise has exercised an option in his loan deal to return to Everton, while they evidently expected him to remain at Villa for the rest of the season.

I wonder what implications that will have for their squad and their willingness/ability to buy or sell any players?

l9fwg8cydkj01.jpg

:lol:

You certainly don’t hear much about him, and Villa are one of those clubs the media like and will readily talk about (unless they have to due to our future King being a fan). But again any suggestion that he CDAJFU, is madness. Whilst he was fast and ran like he was slightly out of control bamboozling many defenders, do we really want another player to take up a squad number who could break again at any moment. Whilst cruciate ligament repair is impressive these days, that they have had it done is always in the back of a players mind. J-Rod was never really the same after his, Danny Ings whilst dynamic and darting in and around the box, you have to wonder if having suffered the same whether the regular hamstring niggles are down to compensating for it and trying to alleviate triggering it happening again, likewise Austin widely reported that WH wouldn’t touch him because his knees were shot, has missed games with us because his hamstring has issues.

Even thinking about this bloke coming to us is madness, I would far rather have a nipper out of the academy improving on the job than a player operating at 85% of his previous ability and possibly missing a third of games laying on the treatment table.

The Daily Echo understands that Saints would still like to add one or two players to their squad before the window closes a week on Thursday but accept that may not be possible.

They remain likely to have to sell before they can buy and, therefore, are partially reliant on other clubs making moves.

Source: https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17372003.southampton-eyeing-the-market-as-they-head-towards-the-final-week-of-the-transfer-window/

While under Hasenhuttl I think we will avoid relegation, I do think it would be a mistake not to strengthen, at least in attack where I still feel we are short creatively. (With experience, I do think we have the youth to cover now that Sims and Gallagher are back.) We could potentially push up this League this season, and even 7th place isn’t beyond us with only 11 points seperating us and Watford, but without strengthening I reckon low mid-table will be our final position, and a higher league position at the end of the season will surely make it easier for us to sign the better players in the summer.

I have confidence in our manager, so Im sure he will do what he feels is right. It could be a fun deadline day again...

Judging by the Echo article we are waiting for someone to sign Cedric before replacing him (and I thinknwe knew that).

The main area we need someone is in attack - we have no cover for Redmond.

That said, those type of players cost, so Im not expecting anyrhing this window and agree the summer needa to see a total clearout.

Interesting that RH seemed very confident of one signing a week or so back - was that the RB or the attacker I wonder?

Judging by the Echo article we are waiting for someone to sign Cedric before replacing him (and I thinknwe knew that).

The main area we need someone is in attack - we have no cover for Redmond.

That said, those type of players cost, so Im not expecting anyrhing this window and agree the summer needa to see a total clearout.

Interesting that RH seemed very confident of one signing a week or so back - was that the RB or the attacker I wonder?

Strange if it was the right-back because you'd have thought the Gabbi money would have helped pay for him. (Although Guan hinted the Gabbi cash would go towards the Ings deal).

Leicester, Southampton and Wolves with new chance to sign player this month, wants Europe stay

Good news for the Premier League sides who are interested in signing Shoya Nakajima from Portimonense.

The Portuguese press brings today quotes from the player speaking to Japanese TV, in which he explains he’s not keen on moving to Al Duhail, who have been heavily linked to him in the past few weeks.

“At this stage of my career I want to continue to play in Europe,” said Nakajima (via Record).

The newspaper makes it clear that these quotes don’t guarantee that he’s staying at Portimonense, as some English clubs are still keen on him.

Record says that Leicester City, Southampton and Wolverhampton Wanderers could all still make offers of around €20m for the Japanese star in January.

The outlet just claims not to be sure if Portimonense would sell for that amount, since Al Duhail’s offer was said to be €38m.

It’s worth recalling that Wolves were really close on signing Nakajima, in a deal which was confirmed as ‘80% done’ by Portimonense, but some late details (likely money) made the transfer collapse.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-southampton-wolves-new-chance-sign-player-month-wants-europe-stay/

Attack ? I’d say our main priority is finding a capable CB if I’m honest, Bednarek has looked excellent but JV and JS still have question marks around them IMO

The fact is we continue to score, but also continue to leak goals, that has to be our priority

I’m happy enough with those 3 plus the returning Yoshi. Nothing special but there is a decent mix of pace, strength, reading the game and whatever it is that Stephens does.

We are far weaker up front, it’s basically a case of hoping Ings stays fit or Redmond does something.

Potentially a good signing for Bournemouth, one I wish we'd gone for.

They have certainly been ahead of us in their transfer dealings over the last couple of years, embarrassingly better than Cretin Les, and Wee Jimmy Krankie.

Am hoping Ralph brings a few gems in from the Bundesliga in the summer.

(Howe does look a smug f^cker in that photo though).

Unfortunately our released Financials does discredit that.

As the financials show we have typically spent what we've received each year. Hard to believe when looking at the squad I know.

Spending has been v poor (we know that) and club has tried to convince fans that we've sometimes received more for players than we genuinely have. Not sure why but they did

Tadic was a good example of this. You had the normal leaks from the normal people (Jeremy Wilson) that we'd got £18m. Ajax then announced it was just £9m

Mane was v similar (price we leaked quickly discredited by Liverpool) as I'm sure we're most of our leaks

Centre back not an area of immense concern unless we get an injury.

Equally i’m Not overly concerned short term about upfront with ings/long/gallagher/obafemi

Attacking mid is the one area where if could the right player at a reasonable fee it could be good this Jan. Equally though I wouldn’t have a particular issue if Ralph decides to trust sims/hesketh as cover.

If Cedric leaves we’d definitely need a right back too.

Summer is when you’d hope we’d be focusing transfer wise.

Equally i’m Not overly concerned short term about upfront with ings/long/gallagher/obafemi

Attacking mid is the one area where if could the right player at a reasonable fee it could be good this Jan. Equally though I wouldn’t have a particular issue if Ralph decides to trust sims/hesketh as cover.

2 goals between them...

Edited by Lighthouse

I suspect that's what they're doing. It's a mix of reasonable confidence that we have the squad to stay up (some of which involves hanging on in CD until Yoshida's back), and preservation of funds for a better-value time.

If the funds really are that tight (disappointing), it's the most prudent course of action, but there's an element of gamble in there.

The other angle is whether they've given up on Boufal and Carrillo, or are considering the possibility that they'd be different players under Ralph (as many of the current squad already are). That would be a pre-season assessment in the Summer.

The only change I'm half expecting is Cedric out/RB in.

I suspect that's what they're doing. It's a mix of reasonable confidence that we have the squad to stay up (some of which involves hanging on in CD until Yoshida's back), and preservation of funds for a better-value time.

If the funds really are that tight (disappointing), it's the most prudent course of action, but there's an element of gamble in there.

The other angle is whether they've given up on Boufal and Carrillo, or are considering the possibility that they'd be different players under Ralph (as many of the current squad already are). That would be a pre-season assessment in the Summer.

The only change I'm half expecting is Cedric out/RB in.

In the meet the Ralph’s thing the other evening, it was said that both would be looked at when their loans are up in the summer. If Ralph can tame Boufals immaturity or temperament, he is the kind of player who fits the style of play. Carrillo I don’t think is quick enough.

certainly don't for sure.

well, they do

Carrillo, Boufal, Clasie and now Hoedt all loaned out.

2 of those were our most expensive signings at the time along with our costliest ever defender

throw in Forster on £90k a week to....just train

Long with a new deal etc..

so yes, they do player recruitment better than us at present

Unfortunately our released Financials does discredit that.

As the financials show we have typically spent what we've received each year. Hard to believe when looking at the squad I know.

I think the point is that every other club appears to actually invest money, not just spend what they get in fees.

well, they do

Carrillo, Boufal, Clasie and now Hoedt all loaned out.

2 of those were our most expensive signings at the time along with our costliest ever defender

throw in Forster on £90k a week to....just train

Long with a new deal etc..

so yes, they do player recruitment better than us at present

Is Fraser Forster actually training?