The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

They get annoyed because they've been sucked into the false hysteria generated, mainly by Sky, trying to make it important to spend as much as possible. Again and again we hear the media talking about clubs needing to spend, and criticising those that don't, as if the spending league actually matters.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think it’s more because we’re one injury-prone striker away from starting with Shane Long up front for the remainder of the season.

I think it’s more because we’re one injury-prone striker away from starting with Shane Long up front for the remainder of the season.

Exactly. And Ramsey at RB if Valery gets injured/suspended (again). But that's ok, think of all the wages we're saving by loaning out Cedric for a couple of months.

We beat Leicester away with Shane Long up front and only 10 players for 45 minutes including no right back on the pitch. What's the problem?

The problem is that's Shane's goal for the season. ( Although without Schmeichel's help it would have gone wide ).

would people rather buy a player just for the sake of making a signing? If there is no real option to bring in a player for the right money this window, then surely the club should keep the funds for the summer when lets face it we will be having a huge clear out. Some might lable it a fire sale but when its players who are already behind the young players in the pecking order surely its sensible? reduce the wages spent on players who dont get near the first team. Frees up a large amount of wages for young up and coming players. Che Adams rumoured to be happy with 35k a week. How much have we wasted in wages on those out on loan?

Jordan D'Ambrosio:

Without a club currently after refusing to sign pro with his club trainer, Sochaux, who was close to engage with Paris Saint-Germain last summer is not lacking pretenders.

According to our information, the 18-year-old striker, international with the Blues youth teams, is actually followed by FC Barcelona, ​​Sevilla, as well as two English clubs, Cardiff and Southampton. Catalans and Saints have recently come to the news recently. It will be necessary to pay 300.000 € of training allowances to offer it.

Source: http://www.footmercato.net/flash-mercato/info-fm-jordan-d-ambrosio-est-convoite_246463

Recall Hoedt and Cedric now. Top players and needed as played a massive part since Ralph has taken over. Relegation beckons if not recalled now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think Cedric should of stayed.

I think we can all agree that the squad needed a cull. Too many players who just were not good enough. But whilst we are 3 points from the drop zone having them all go with nobody lined up is madness. If Reed was still here and we had the window we have had he would be slated for it. Just because he isn't here anymore shouldn't be any different.

Right now our outfield players with a lot of experience at this level are Romeu, Lemina, Ings, Bertrand, Austin, Long, Redmond, JWP, Hoj, Yoshi and Stephens. I am all for giving the kids a chance as how do you know if they are good enough if they don't play? I don't see the benefit of getting rid of Cedric and Gabbi with nobody lined up. This window is huge for us and the team cull should happen in the summer. Sending people out on loan and saying we will rely on the kids is very commendable. But it makes a weak squad even weaker imo.

Personally I think Cedric should of stayed.

I think we can all agree that the squad needed a cull. Too many players who just were not good enough. But whilst we are 3 points from the drop zone having them all go with nobody lined up is madness. If Reed was still here and we had the window we have had he would be slated for it. Just because he isn't here anymore shouldn't be any different.

Right now our outfield players with a lot of experience at this level are Romeu, Lemina, Ings, Bertrand, Austin, Long, Redmond, JWP, Hoj, Yoshi and Stephens. I am all for giving the kids a chance as how do you know if they are good enough if they don't play? I don't see the benefit of getting rid of Cedric and Gabbi with nobody lined up. This window is huge for us and the team cull should happen in the summer. Sending people out on loan and saying we will rely on the kids is very commendable. But it makes a weak squad even weaker imo.

You want a clear out but you don’t? Ok then.

We have coped perfectly fine without these players and also to note we managed to beat Leicester and Everton without our best player and captain. It’s like our fans want us to sign any old ****e, and then when they don’t perform instantly they boo or hate on them, why not see that we’ve got rid of that mentality of signing any old tripe and trust Ralph? I’d rather trust him and what he has achieved in a short time and without these players, than people that think football is like FIFA 19.

We have coped perfectly fine without these players and also to note we managed to beat Leicester and Everton without our best player and captain. It’s like our fans want us to sign any old ****e, and then when they don’t perform instantly they boo or hate on them, why not see that we’ve got rid of that mentality of signing any old tripe and trust Ralph? I’d rather trust him and what he has achieved in a short time and without these players, than people that think football is like FIFA 19.

This from the bloke that posts we have been linked to different players, daily. Bit rich. Personally would like to sign a striker, a RB and a CB to prevent us going into the Championship for sure. Nothing wrong with that. Just want the best for the club. Don’t see your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This from the bloke that posts we have been linked to different players, daily. Bit rich. Personally would like to sign a striker, a RB and a CB to prevent us going into the Championship for sure. Nothing wrong with that. Just want the best for the club. Don’t see your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daily now is it? I’ve not posted any new players for a while, as for some reason people don’t like seeing transfer rumours in a transfer rumour thread. They’d rather see links from The Sun linking us to randoms. So you don’t have to concern yourself with me posting any more rumours.

So would I. I’d love us to sign another mane. But do you want another rushed signing like Hoedt, Carrillo and co? Or for us to take some time and get it right?

If someone is not playing, or being rubbish when they do, there's really nothing to replace.

Hardly fair on Gabbi as he didn't get much of a chance. He saved us last year remember.

Cedric has had a bit of a mare but frankly up until Ralph took over everyone had. By that logic we should ditch Mo, Long, Bertrand etc too as they have either been **** or injured. See if there are some more kids about.

We are one place above the drop zone. We are not there because Cedric, Gabbi, Hoedt, Davis etc have been crap. We are there because as a whole squad we haven't been good enough for a long time. If Ings gets an injury do you think Austin and Long will get the goals we need? Or Gallagher and Obafemi? Defence wise I think we have only one clean sheet since October including Ralphs games?

As I said with nothing lined up I don't think sending those players out on loan makes us stronger. Unexperienced players learning their trade at the top level is a risk. We should know more than most putting too many kids into a team with little experience is a risk that doesn't always pay off.

If they however are an unsettling influence on the other players it is the right move. You can see the togetherness the players have which we seriously lacked under our last few managers. If one of the reasons for that is because those who are gone were kept away than that is a good thing.

No that isn't what I said or implied....Stop writing your own assumptions.

We need a clear out. The point is when we are one place above the drop zone in January with nobody (so far) coming in is that the right time?

Sending people out on loan doesn't benefit us right now.

Cedric has played in our last 4 games so I think you are talking **** again.

No that isn't what I said or implied....Stop writing your own assumptions.

We need a clear out. The point is when we are one place above the drop zone in January with nobody (so far) coming in is that the right time?

Sending people out on loan doesn't benefit us right now.

I think it’s the right time when only one of the 4 players has actually played more than 45 minutes under our new manager.

Sadly when you’ve signed tosh like Hoedt, the only way to get rid is loaning with options to buy. I can’t see any side jumping at the chance to permanently sign Cedric given how poor he has been for us.

I would also wait till you panic, we still have Till Thursday at 11pm.

I think it’s the right time when only one of the 4 players has actually played more than 45 minutes under our new manager.

Sadly when you’ve signed tosh like Hoedt, the only way to get rid is loaning with options to buy. I can’t see any side jumping at the chance to permanently sign Cedric given how poor he has been for us.

I would also wait till you panic, we still have Till Thursday at 11pm.

Who do you think we will get before the deadline on Thursday Cabbage face?

Cedric has played in our last 4 games so I think you are talking **** again.

IOne player? A player who clearly didn’t want to be at Southampton, who has been dog awful for months. Yeah let’s keep him and not ship him out so we can replace him. I do wonder sometimes. This place is mental, every game Cedric played, he can’t defend, caught out in the air again, can’t cross, useless. We then get rid and he is suddenly the key to our survival. It’s utter madness.

Daily now is it? I’ve not posted any new players for a while, as for some reason people don’t like seeing transfer rumours in a transfer rumour thread. They’d rather see links from The Sun linking us to randoms. So you don’t have to concern yourself with me posting any more rumours.

So would I. I’d love us to sign another mane. But do you want another rushed signing like Hoedt, Carrillo and co? Or for us to take some time and get it right?

Oh, binary false oppositions. Love it. It's hardly rushed anyway, is it? Sigh

IOne player? A player who clearly didn’t want to be at Southampton, who has been dog awful for months. Yeah let’s keep him and not ship him out so we can replace him. I do wonder sometimes. This place is mental, every game Cedric played, he can’t defend, caught out in the air again, can’t cross, useless. We then get rid and he is suddenly the key to our survival. It’s utter madness.

Your point was we have been playing well with those players who have not been involved. Cedric has been involved. Now you are contradicting yourself.

Cedric has been **** this season, no doubt about it. But he isn't the only one. You could list most of the squad as players who have either played bad or made mistakes. Even Hoj (who I think is player of season so far) has made some terrible mistakes. That is why we are in a relegation battle.

Things are much better under fix it Ralph and if we continue as we have been playing we will be fine. But I agree letting people go without anything lined up is a gamble. Even if they have been **** for us because most of them have been **** for us up until a month or so ago.

Your point was we have been playing well with those players who have not been involved. Cedric has been involved. Now you are contradicting yourself.

Cedric has been **** this season, no doubt about it. But he isn't the only one. You could list most of the squad as players who have either played bad or made mistakes. Even Hoj (who I think is player of season so far) has made some terrible mistakes. That is why we are in a relegation battle.

Things are much better under fix it Ralph and if we continue as we have been playing we will be fine. But I agree letting people go without anything lined up is a gamble. Even if they have been **** for us because most of them have been **** for us up until a month or so ago.

It’s not a contradiction, how many games has Cedric started in those last 4 games? And if Bertrand was fit would he have been on the bench? Didn’t Ramsay even start over him? The other players have improved because they have bought into Ralph. Hoedt, Gabbi, Davis and Cedric either didn’t want too or weren’t capable. This is something Ralph said from day one.

Cedric for me is replaceable, and don’t really see him leaving and not being replaced till the summer a problem.

Let’s hope I’m right.

If someone is not playing, or being rubbish when they do, there's really nothing to replace.

Of course there is. The whole point is that you improve the squad, we’re 4th from bottom and all we have done is make the squad weaker. We should be replacing Cedric and Gabbiadini with better players.