The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

I genuinely don’t know what we’ve done with all the PL and transfer money in recent seasons. Mental.

The published accounts will tell you exactly where the money went up till June 2017. So just the last 18 months is unexplained

I genuinely don’t know what we’ve done with all the PL and transfer money in recent seasons. Mental.

Agents fees, bonuses, running costs, non playing staff costs, new red bits round the pitch, new signs outside the main entrance. We are the ONLY Club that has to pay these additional costs, which is why also being the only club to make a profit from transfers in the last 5 years winning the Net spend trophy 4 years in a row, we are also the only club that cant buy anyone with selling first.

Agents fees, bonuses, running costs, non playing staff costs, new red bits round the pitch, new signs outside the main entrance. We are the ONLY Club that has to pay these additional costs, which is why also being the only club to make a profit from transfers in the last 5 years winning the Net spend trophy 4 years in a row, we are also the only club that cant buy anyone with selling first.

Ah, now it makes sense.

We are so well run.

Say we get a good attacker/winger.

Do you think we'd suddenly play 343 or 433? I'm not sure if we're being defensive due to personnel or intent. I really hope it's the former.

Bertrand, Yoshi, Lemina and a decent forward added to this team makes the world of difference.

I think we’ll largely stick with 343 this season due to defensive frailties.

Say we get a good attacker/winger.

Do you think we'd suddenly play 343 or 433? I'm not sure if we're being defensive due to personnel or intent. I really hope it's the former.

Bertrand, Yoshi, Lemina and a decent forward added to this team makes the world of difference.

It's clearly personnel, in terms of the centre backs and full backs. Vestergaard is too slow to play in a 4 without being exposed, Stephens also not strong and focused enough. Valery and Targett can also be shaky without the extra insurance of the extra CB behind them.

Even with another better attacker, I think Ralph would probably still stick with the 3 at the back until he is able to get a stronger CB and RB in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

open top is my preference. Perhaps an old Leyland Titon rather than some modern design.
That's quite a leftfield choice Chez.

I glad you shied away from the AEC RT or RM options, way too obvious!

An Olympian or an Atlantean would be viable alternatives to your Titan.

However, I'd plump for a Bristol; either a VR or preferably a Lodekka.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Austin has left.

Don’t crucify me but the talk is of a rumour Berty is off tomorrow.

Just passing on what has been said.

We would have to have a Bertrand replacement lined up then (as well as a RB and an attacker). Can't see us making three signings at this stage, nor limping through to the end of the season with just Matt Targett as our only left sided option.

Jake Vokins is nowhere near the first team yet.

Interesting times...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If we get rid or Bertrand and Austin after clearing out Cedric ,Hoedt ,Gabbi and Davis . Without bringing anyone in imo it's 1 a big gamble 2 VERY brave and 3 hopefully a sign of a massive rebuild in the summer .

It would be very brave and also completely stupid.

We would have to have a Bertrand replacement lined up then (as well as a RB and an attacker). Can't see us making three signings at this stage, nor limping through to the end of the season with just Matt Targett as our only left sided option.

Interesting times...

Neither is Ramsey and he’s our RB backup,

Personally can’t see Bertrand going anywhere at this stage, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If we get rid or Bertrand and Austin after clearing out Cedric ,Hoedt ,Gabbi and Davis . Without bringing anyone in imo it's 1 a big gamble 2 VERY brave and 3 hopefully a sign of a massive rebuild in the summer .

Would be a stupid gamble. We showed tonight how thin our squad is. If Redmond and Ings get injured we will be ****ged.

Well Bertrand has been back in training for 2weeks.....nowhere near the squad and a saleable asset.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Either way...we are playing s game of Russian roulette with the outgoings,and feasibly not having any incomings in blatantly lightweight areas.

We may have differing opinions on the out going players importance to the squad,but we would be decisively weaker.

And all for a fairly insignificant financial saving compared to relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do the team want him back?
What's that supposed to mean? The club aren't going to try the whole "he's a toxic disruptive influence" rumour thing again to justify yet another sale of a top player with no adequate replacement are they?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tyler Adams signed and Arsenal’s Rowe who’s having a medical on Thursday with RB Leipzig push Jean-Kevin Augustin further down the pecking order.

Could we get him on a season loan with a promise to buy in the summer?

Reckon this one could come off plus a defender.

Interesting times...

Hasenhuttl used Tyreke Johnson as a left wing back, he is currently higher in the pecking order than Vokins.

Bertrand off is very believable. Probably been told he won’t skipper and is a bit billy big boots. But is v experienced and good player so a worry if not replaced by something better than an ex Hull Norwegian Moroccan. And is Mo really still getting a game? Bare bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you think about our two full backs, they really play as wingers.

IMHO Taggart and Valery are not great wingers but Valery is improving for sure.

Maybe we have no position for Bertrand anymore because of the way RH likes to set the team up?

If Taggart did get injured then he would either use Johnson (massive gamble) or what he did when Valery went off but to the left flank instead.

When you think about our two full backs, they really play as wingers.

IMHO Taggart and Valery are not great wingers but Valery is improving for sure.

Maybe we have no position for Bertrand anymore because of the way RH likes to set the team up?

If Taggart did get injured then he would either use Johnson (massive gamble) or what he did when Valery went off but to the left flank instead.

The way Ralph sets the team up would suit Bertrand more than Targett, so that certainly wouldn't be the reason if Bertrand does leave (can't see it happening)