The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Only makes sense to sell Cedric at this point if we have a quality replacement lined up to come in now. Otherwise would seem a bit suicidal as Valery clearly not ready to be the number 1 choice at right back. Decent back up but last match proved he's not a reliable choice in a relegation battle.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Can't agree with that at all.

Players who run and press may well be part of his plan but not ones which are as poor as Long. Unless a few more 'keepers fancy knocking his shots into the goal, he isn't going to score many. Ings has a poor history of injuries, Obafemi is unproven and Gallagher has a mediocre record at Championship level. When Austin isn't injured or suspended he just looks hopelessly slow.

We desperately need a striker.

Spot on. Nothing there to argue about. Nutshell.

Only makes sense to sell Cedric at this point if we have a quality replacement lined up to come in now. Otherwise would seem a bit suicidal as Valery clearly not ready to be the number 1 choice at right back. Decent back up but last match proved he's not a reliable choice in a relegation battle.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

IMO, Valery only needs to be good enough to get us to survival at the end of this season, ready for a rebuild in the summer. If we can get more money for Cedric now, when teams who need a proven RB might panic buy and over-pay, sell him. We have a few other players who can step in at RB if needed, but Cedrics value will drop in the summer so if he's not in our plans, cash-in.

Talksport just mentioned Cedric has been told he's not in the managers plans and can leave

The player KBS posted a link to is a RB

Makes sense if Ralph doesn't like him to ship him out, bring in a replacement and hopefully have some leftover to add to the transfer pot.

Talksport just mentioned Cedric has been told he's not in the managers plans and can leave

Hasenhüttl certainly did him no favours in his presser when asked if Cedric was an important player for him. I don't like this approach of basing judgements on first impressions, seems with Hasenhüttl if the initial chemistry isn't right you're out the door. Poor old Cedric, he's been more loyal than most had a really bad recent injury and simply ha don chance to prove his worth in our new set up. If he goes my view of the new boss will diminish slightly and anything he says in future will carry a caveat.

Hasenhüttl certainly did him no favours in his presser when asked if Cedric was an important player for him. I don't like this approach of basing judgements on first impressions, seems with Hasenhüttl if the initial chemistry isn't right you're out the door. Poor old Cedric, he's been more loyal than most had a really bad recent injury and simply ha don chance to prove his worth in our new set up. If he goes my view of the new boss will diminish slightly and anything he says in future will carry a caveat.

Its been 6 weeks since he has been appointed so probably had a good look at him.

Like every other football manager you mean? Some players work in systems and others don't. Combine this and the fact that Cedric only has 18 months left on his contract it seems sensible to offload him now. It appears that we are looking at a specific age profile of player when you consider the rumours that are around. Cedric will be 28 in August, if he were to sign a new contract it would likely take him to 32/33 on a high wage - how many clubs would be looking to buy him and be able to meet his wage demands?

IMO, Valery only needs to be good enough to get us to survival at the end of this season, ready for a rebuild in the summer. If we can get more money for Cedric now, when teams who need a proven RB might panic buy and over-pay, sell him. We have a few other players who can step in at RB if needed, but Cedrics value will drop in the summer so if he's not in our plans, cash-in.

As it stands, Valery is a liability to carry into a relegation fight. He gets too many cards, too early in games. As it stands, you can never be sure he will finish a game, either because he is red carded or because he has to be subbed in order to avoid said red card (Cardiff for example). Cedric needs to stay in the absence of any other reliable alternative. The extra money we could get by selling him now is peanuts when weighed against the risk of throwing needless points away. Also, if I was oppo manager, I'd make sure to target Valery right from the get go - get him carded and force Ralph to make change.

well Im sure we will be able to live with your thoughts on him diminishing a little. Having a full back who is knee high to a grasshopper and unable to put in a decent cross is nota loss. Use the money on someone more suited to what Ralph wants

Also' date=' if I was oppo manager, I'd make sure to target Valery right from the get go - get him carded and force Ralph to make change.[/quote']If I was the oppo manager and cedric was playing I would get the forward to play off the back post against him

As it stands' date=' Valery is a liability to carry into a relegation fight. He gets too many cards, too early in games. As it stands, you can never be sure he will finish a game, either because he is red carded or because he has to be subbed in order to avoid said red card (Cardiff for example). Cedric needs to stay in the absence of any other reliable alternative. The extra money we could get by selling him now is peanuts when weighed against the risk of throwing needless points away. Also, if I was oppo manager, I'd make sure to target Valery right from the get go - get him carded and force Ralph to make change.[/quote']

Yet he's been the right back for most of our games in the best run of our season so far !?

Can't agree with that at all.

Players who run and press may well be part of his plan but not ones which are as poor as Long. Unless a few more 'keepers fancy knocking his shots into the goal, he isn't going to score many. Ings has a poor history of injuries, Obafemi is unproven and Gallagher has a mediocre record at Championship level. When Austin isn't injured or suspended he just looks hopelessly slow.

We desperately need a striker.

Ask any Blackburn or Birmingham fan about the "mediocre" Gallagher and they would bite your hand off to have him back right now.

So you're looking for a proven premier league striker who has some pace, a decent goal record, no injury problems and is available for a reasonable fee in January.

Doesn’t have to be a proven Premier league player. Just one who has shown some decent ability in a strong league. Not players like Gallagher and Carrillo who have been distinctly unimpressive at a much lower level.

Gabbi was a decent signing. 4 managers later it’s time to move on but that’s the kind of player we should be looking for.

Didn't we break our transfer record with an argentine Striker from France this time last year? Let's hope this guys more Carrillo than crespo!

Interesting comparing the two in terms of career goals/games records:

Sala 85 goals from 215 games.

Carrillo 63 goals from 245 games.

To be fair to Carrillo, he started in the Argentine top flight, whilst Sala scored a shed load of goals whilst starting in the French league 3 and 2. If you just compare their strike rates at their most recent clubs (Nantes and Monaco):

Sala 42 goals from 117 games,

Carrillo 21 goals from 95 games.

there is obviously more to being a striker than simply scoring goals of course, but both are 6'2 and would be expected to lead the line. I think Sala is 28 whilst Carrillo was 26 when he signed for us. Like you said, if he joins Cardiff hopefully he is more Carrillo than Crespo.

Doesn’t have to be a proven Premier league player. Just one who has shown some decent ability in a strong league. Not players like Gallagher and Carrillo who have been distinctly unimpressive at a much lower level.

Agreed. If you are breaking your own transfer record for a striker and he's coming from another, perhaps lower league, you'd want them to at least have hinted at being a prolific goalscorer...or maybe even just a threat would be nice!

Roma is a step up from Everton. TBH

Anywhere away from their crap fans is a step up, probably even Tranmere or Sholing. They seem to turn on their players for nothing at all. Morgan has had some difficult times in his personal life these last couple of years and probably can't wait to get away from Everton.

Look at Gueye, hot property this window but half of the Everton fans are convinced he can't pass for toffee..Yet Gomes who looks like a total nasty piece of work seems to be a folk hero at Goodison.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Apologies if already posted but Schneiderlin could be on his way to Roma. Wonderful for us but one for whom the grass was not greener elsewhere.

Poor coaching at Man Utd and now Everton ruined him,

Silly boy who wasted his international chances by moving from us

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

So between the three from Genk (were linked with Trossard back in October) and two from Brentford we have half a new team, right?

Look man, I don't give a Trossard, we are Southampton and we are gonna sign anyone we Mbwana. Heard Bale wants a return too :suspicious:

Anywhere away from their crap fans is a step up, probably even Tranmere or Sholing. They seem to turn on their players for nothing at all. Morgan has had some difficult times in his personal life these last couple of years and probably can't wait to get away from Everton.

Look at Gueye, hot property this window but half of the Everton fans are convinced he can't pass for toffee..Yet Gomes who looks like a total nasty piece of work seems to be a folk hero at Goodison.

To be fair, Gueye’s passing isn’t one of his strengths and amongst Everton fans I know, he is very highly rated and recognised as one of their key players. Also, not sure that ‘being nasty’ is mutually exclusive from being a good player / liked by fans? Having said that, Gomes is good on the ball, but is yet to be targeted by other teams (the way Jorginho is for Chelsea) and there’s quite a lot of sideways passes from him.

To be fair, Gueye’s passing isn’t one of his strengths and amongst Everton fans I know, he is very highly rated and recognised as one of their key players. Also, not sure that ‘being nasty’ is mutually exclusive from being a good player / liked by fans? Having said that, Gomes is good on the ball, but is yet to be targeted by other teams (the way Jorginho is for Chelsea) and there’s quite a lot of sideways passes from him.

Gomes should have been sent off on Sunday. Ref was visually challenged obviously.

Joakim Mæhle the rightback KBS posted about looks absolutely amazing on youtube (I know).

Lightening quick, over 6ft, young and can finish & assist.

From a quick google Valencia are keen but he wants to stay at Genk til end of the season.

If I was the oppo manager and cedric was playing I would get the forward to play off the back post against him
Which they have done several times I am surprised the Gunners loving Wayman forgets Welbeck did just that or maybe thats the plan. :-)

Anyone watching can see teams target cross field pass over Cedric plus going forward his delivery has been poor looking at 6ft 1 replacement manager can see what most apart from Wayman can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's just people who look at nothing but goal record and find it incomprehensible a player could learn, improve or be played out of position or poorly managed.

Gallagher and Obafemi both have a lot to offer. Ings and Long can do a job.

But many of the same people who moan about Gabbiadini and Carrillo just moan about needing an expensive new striker every window.

Iv never next aned about Gabbi, he was a good signing and were it not for a succession of poor managers, he’d have contributed a lot more.

I don’t JUST look at goal threat but we need someone to do it. Having Ornerod in the team to get 20 goals out of Beattie was fine. Having Ormerod running around, Carrillo holding the ball up and nobody actually scoring would just be pointless.

It's just people who look at nothing but goal record and find it incomprehensible a player could learn, improve or be played out of position or poorly managed.

Gallagher and Obafemi both have a lot to offer. Ings and Long can do a job.

But many of the same people who moan about Gabbiadini and Carrillo just moan about needing an expensive new striker every window.

Good friend of mine is a Birmingham supporter. Reckoned Gallagher was played out of position by the old manager, hence why he didn’t look very good early but when he was played as a striker he was a decent player and would have back in a heartbeat.....

Gallagher may not be Harry Kane but feel he could be a solid player

Re Gallagher , he has the raw qualities to be a top striker , he has pace and size which is rare , he can beat a player on the ground and can play with his back to goal , he lacks two things currently, Stability and a run without injury , he will be a top player one day . he needs some luck with his injurys now but with his work ethic and engine he will fit right into RH system requirements in my opinion .

Not said by me but by a scout at the club fwiw

Re Gallagher , he has the raw qualities to be a top striker , he has pace and size which is rare , he can beat a player on the ground and can play with his back to goal , he lacks two things currently, Stability and a run without injury , he will be a top player one day . he needs some luck with his injurys now but with his work ethic and engine he will fit right into RH system requirements in my opinion .

Not said by me but by a scout at the club fwiw

He's also 23 and has played a lot of games. If he's going to be a "top striker" he needs to get on with it a bit.