The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Re Gallagher , he has the raw qualities to be a top striker , he has pace and size which is rare , he can beat a player on the ground and can play with his back to goal , he lacks two things currently, Stability and a run without injury , he will be a top player one day . he needs some luck with his injurys now but with his work ethic and engine he will fit right into RH system requirements in my opinion .

Not said by me but by a scout at the club fwiw

Not sure the scout's at the club are much cop to be honest, especially when evaluating strikers...

Poor coaching at Man Utd and now Everton ruined him,

Silly boy who wasted his international chances by moving from us

Yep, really silly to have a career that took him to Man U, Everton and Roma, rather than stay at Saints. I get Everton aren't what they were many moons ago, but combined they're three more impressive teams than us to have on your CV. Plus I think Kante might have shifted him from the international set-up even if he'd stayed here and maintained his form.

Apart from Chambers, there aren't many of our 'defectors' who we can rationally say without our saints bias made poor decisions. And that's without even looking at their bank accounts ...

Yep, really silly to have a career that took him to Man U, Everton and Roma, rather than stay at Saints. I get Everton aren't what they were many moons ago, but combined they're three more impressive teams than us to have on your CV. Plus I think Kante might have shifted him from the international set-up even if he'd stayed here and maintained his form.

Apart from Chambers, there aren't many of our 'defectors' who we can rationally say without our saints bias made poor decisions. And that's without even looking at their bank accounts ...

Morgan has had a fair few deaths in his immediate family these last couple of years. Not great under any circumstances but when you have "fans" getting on your case day in, day out it's probably not the greatest inspiration to bounce back. Also constant managerial changes never bode well for the majority of players. Look at Fellaini. Van Gaal didn't really rate him. Mourinho made him a base player and now Solskaer/Sir Alex are trying to ship him out to some nether region or other.

It's just people who look at nothing but goal record and find it incomprehensible a player could learn, improve or be played out of position or poorly managed.

Gallagher and Obafemi both have a lot to offer. Ings and Long can do a job.

But many of the same people who moan about Gabbiadini and Carrillo just moan about needing an expensive new striker every window.

Agree completely.

The rumour that we are about to sign another Moroccan Norwegian has resurfaced. His name is Omar Elabdellaoui. He has played in England before, having played a few games for Hull in 2017 but was dropped for several months after their 4-0 defeat to Everton so he didn't play in the 0-0 draw at St Mary's. He was then brought back for their final Premier League game before they were relegated, a 7-1 home defeat to Spurs. They didn't extend his loan deal after that so he went back to playing in the Greek league.

Well with Kane out until March and Son on international duty perhaps Poch will seek a loan for Gallagher.

Doubt it but would probably do the lad a world of good. Poch and his crew have a way with young players.

Yeah they’ll get Gallagher to replace Kane, that’ll do it.

Six wonderful years destroyed in just two transfers...

Nonsense. Morgan won the FA cup and charity shield and played in a number of champions league games. He would have done none of that with us.

He also doubled or possibly trebled his wages.

If he stayed with us he'd have possibly won fans player of the year again....

Morgan made the right decision to leave and won as many international calls up with us as he did without us.

With / without us he was never going to be a France 1st choice CM as the competition for his position is and was immense

Well with Kane out until March and Son on international duty perhaps Poch will seek a loan for Gallagher.

Doubt it but would probably do the lad a world of good. Poch and his crew have a way with young players.

Real Madrid struggling for fit strikers too, maybe they'll pop a bid in for Ryan Seager.

Ignore, he has nothing better to do now than try to antagonise and now Hughes has gone he is missing an obsession

Let him fight his own battles, doesn't need an ignoramus like you helping him out and making him look like he's backed the wrong horse.

Just because I proved you wrong again and again on Hughes doesn't mean you have to continue your obsession with trying to trip me up. You already get pwned so much on this site already, I'd have thought you'd be embarrassed to show your face.

Kelman is ok. Yes he scored from the half way line at the weekend (when SarfEnd were 3-1 down in the 94th minute, so doubt the keeper was paying too much attention) but for the article to say he has excelled in their youth games is a bit off. Yes he scored something like 60 goals last season but the standard of the youth setup at the Shrimpers isn’t great shakes and the level of opposition is low at best. He will do well and is better than The Blues but really would be a (big) gamble for the future.

Also it was West Ham and Bournemouth linked last time I saw that report, so looks like some journo just edited out the Cherries and added us for ****s and giggles. Can see the Hammers taking him as they have scouts at most Southend youth matches and at Roots Hall.

To follow up on this, Kelman has today signed his first pro contract at Roots Hall.

Nonsense. Morgan won the FA cup and charity shield and played in a number of champions league games. He would have done none of that with us.

He also doubled or possibly trebled his wages.

If he stayed with us he'd have possibly won fans player of the year again....

Morgan made the right decision to leave and won as many international calls up with us as he did without us.

With / without us he was never going to be a France 1st choice CM as the competition for his position is and was immense

You are correct. Who wouldn't have done the same in his shoes? Just for context though, he played 3 champions league games in total and sat on the bench in the FA Cup final. He played 2 whole minutes of the Community Shield. He might have got more caps for France if he had stayed at Saints and continued to perform at the very high level he was for us, but then again maybe his form might have dipped here too. Who knows. It would be interesting to know how much he has enjoyed the period since he left.

Stephens can always cover RB..thought he did well there against Cardiff.

he looked very solid, and kept Murphy quiet after he had run Valery ragged, but I'm not sure he offers enough in attack, especially if he is asked to play as a wing back. Personally I like Stephens in the middle bringing the ball out. Vestergard and Bednarek don't have the ability to do that.

You are correct. Who wouldn't have done the same in his shoes? Just for context though, he played 3 champions league games in total and sat on the bench in the FA Cup final. He played 2 whole minutes of the Community Shield. He might have got more caps for France if he had stayed at Saints and continued to perform at the very high level he was for us, but then again maybe his form might have dipped here too. Who knows. It would be interesting to know how much he has enjoyed the period since he left.

Fair comments Chez. Would be interesting to hear his (honest) views on it all.

He had to test himself at the next level and I'm sure he's frustrated that he didn't quite meet the standard. But doubt he's given us much thought since leaving. By all accounts he hated Reed too and was another player that was happy to see how far Cortese could take us and wanted out almost immediately after he left.

tbf I feel a little sorry for Morgs. United didn't work out, as we know. But we all forget that he wanted to go to Spurs the year before and reunite with Poch. We of course blocked the move. But had he have gone I think things would have worked out a little differently for him. I think he would have thrived there.

Blackburns Bradley Dack a player that cdajfu? I haven’t seen him play, but his stats are impressive for a attacking midfielder.
Last year if we had gone down yes he is a talisman crowd pleaser. Skilful reminds me of Trundle.

Doesnt fit with Ralfs playing style but good player talented.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The 25 man player limit most seem to forget about!

Because at the moment we only have 24 players on the list (including Marcus Barnes who has just been added). We could also easily remove a keeper, and if Forster goes then that would be another spare slot.

Because at the moment we only have 24 players on the list (including Marcus Barnes who has just been added). We could also easily remove a keeper, and if Forster goes then that would be another spare slot.
where does the Genk full back fit then?

Who is going to pay 60k a week for a keeper with issues who last played competitive when?

where does the Genk full back fit then?

Who is going to pay 60k a week for a keeper with issues who last played competitive when?

Hes currently 21. Would only count in a 25 man squad next year.

They have been actively trying to get him for 18 months, so doubt they would allow a rival to do a deal behind their back.

Even a couple of years ago, Bmth or Saints would be a no brainer for a player, but its a tough decision now, if in fact we have bid.

Personally don't see us spending £15m on a CB without getting rid of one (permanently) as that would leave us with 6 CBs all on first team salaries.