Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The January Transfer Window 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    A lot of butthurt people out there. I was in long before twitter rumours. Like I said, I’m now keeping any info to myself. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't stop Cabbs we will miss your rubbish, sorry I mean informative posts

A lot of butthurt people out there. I was in long before twitter rumours. Like I said, I’m now keeping any info to myself. Thanks.

Please keep posting any info you have, I for one am grateful.

Cabbage Face is ITK, can design a good kitchen and play the piano like Elton. What a guy

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Arsenal?

Weird move. I mean if they haven't watched him closely perhaps?

Objectively who are worse no1 keepers in the premier league? Lossl and Etheridge are a bit limited, Hart is erratic, but other than that I don't see anyone as poor as McCarthy and that's taking into account he's had some good games and made some decent saves. He's not a calamity, nothing like that. He's just a very average keeper. With Gunn you feel we might have someone who can be a lot better than that.

5. Default

Pretending to be ITK is very 2010.

But Cabbage is obviously ITK and people need to please respect him more

Let's not chase away another ITK asset from the forum

Long live ITK Cabbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pretending to be ITK is very 2010.

But Cabbage is obviously ITK and people need to please respect him more

Let's not chase away another ITK asset from the forum

Long live ITK Cabbage.

But Heisenberg - does he make up derogatory quotes about our young players who you havent seen play as you do ???

Quote Originally Posted by Baldbarbarian View Post
    Cabbage Face is ITK, can design a good kitchen and play the piano like Elton. What a guy
    ...and don't forget being the scourge of the bookies...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Personally enjoy the info. Sometimes someone can have the right info, things change and then it looks like they were wrong.

Any snippets, right or wrong, I enjoy seeing on here (or a PM). Keep them coming, it's the transfer window after all..

9. Default

Ighalo?

IGHALO TARGETS PL RETURN

Former Watford striker Odion Ighalo has told Sky Sports News he wants to return to the Premier League this month.

The Nigeria international joined Chinese club Changchun Yatai for £20m in January 2017 and was the second highest top scorer in the Chinese Super League last season. During his time in the China, he has scored 36 goals in 55 games.

Chanchung Yatai would want to recoup at least the £20m they spent if they were to sell with Ighalo expected to fly into the UK this week to discuss his future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ighalo?
    Not at £20M

Does anyone think Ighalo would actually be a good signing? He was pretty poor that second season for Watford and at the time I remember them being very pleased to take the money from China. At £20m, I wouldn’t be interested to be honest.

I would actually be quite surprised if we made any permanent signings this window. Loans only.

<3

13. Default

Ighalo?
    Doesn't fit what Hasenhuttl wants in terms of being able to press at all.

Sounds like agent stuff to me.

Hasenhüttl in his press conference before this weekend's game...

Whether Forster is in his plans...
    No, not really. I made the choice to have two strong keepers with Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy. I think they did it well, both of them. So it will always be like it is, if you have a good experience with one goalkeeper then you don’t look for another one. It can be that Fraser can take a game in the under-23s. It’s possible to do so in the future because he needs games to get back in the position where he is an option for other clubs maybe and that’s what we try to force in the future.

Whether Fraser might therefore leave the club as he trims the squad…
    Yes, that’s right.

Gabbiadini going to Sampdoria today and why didn’t it work out here…
    It’s difficult to say. If you are a new manager and you come to a new club, you get the first experience and first impressions about a player and for me it seems that he is a good player with fantastic technique, but with this intensive pressing system we try to play, I think to be honest it’s not his way of playing. So it’s better to find a solution that is better for both sides. We can’t show him what he wants to see from us and he can’t bring us what we want to see from him. So it’s better to find a different solution and I think it’s a good step for him to go back to Italy and I wish him all the best. I know that he is a fantastic player and I am sure that he can score in every club in the world, his goals, but we try to go a different way and I think for that we need different players.

Whether signing a forward is his priority now...
    That’s right. That’s what we are forcing and what we are looking for. To bring someone in, in this transfer period is not so easy. Because we must find a guy who is also not for the short-term to make us better, but also for the long-term. I only want to take a transfer which is also with a future, that it is helping us for the longer term and that’s what I want to see.

If the upcoming games means we should move faster in the market...
    Sure, it’s better to make it as soon as possible. But it’s not so easy in the winter transfer period. We have very important games now, that we are facing and we have a good squad. We have a little bit of a problem with injuries in the front, that’s right. But we don’t want to be hurried. We’ll take time, think about it and if we are 100 per cent sure that this guy makes us better, we will take it. But not earlier.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Armstrong View Post

No, not really. I made the choice to have two strong keepers with Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy. I think they did it well, both of them. So it will always be like it is, if you have a good experience with one goalkeeper then you don’t look for another one. It can be that Fraser can take a game in the under-23s. It’s possible to do so in the future because he needs games to get back in the position where he is an option for other clubs maybe and that’s what we try to force in the future.

Yes, that’s right.

It’s difficult to say. If you are a new manager and you come to a new club, you get the first experience and first impressions about a player and for me it seems that he is a good player with fantastic technique, but with this intensive pressing system we try to play, I think to be honest it’s not his way of playing. So it’s better to find a solution that is better for both sides. We can’t show him what he wants to see from us and he can’t bring us what we want to see from him. So it’s better to find a different solution and I think it’s a good step for him to go back to Italy and I wish him all the best. I know that he is a fantastic player and I am sure that he can score in every club in the world, his goals, but we try to go a different way and I think for that we need different players.

That’s right. That’s what we are forcing and what we are looking for. To bring someone in, in this transfer period is not so easy. Because we must find a guy who is also not for the short-term to make us better, but also for the long-term. I only want to take a transfer which is also with a future, that it is helping us for the longer term and that’s what I want to see.

Sure, it’s better to make it as soon as possible. But it’s not so easy in the winter transfer period. We have very important games now, that we are facing and we have a good squad. We have a little bit of a problem with injuries in the front, that’s right. But we don’t want to be hurried. We’ll take time, think about it and if we are 100 per cent sure that this guy makes us better, we will take it. But not earlier.
    Just like the old days! Cheers for the write-up mate.

Blog Entries

thanks for the write up Saint-Armstrong!

18. Default

Hoedt def bombed out:

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc manager Ralph Hasenhüttl no-nonsense today: Like Gabbiadini, Wesley Hoedt doesn’t suit his style and should maybe look for another club
    No plans to include Fraser Forster in first team - could play for the U23s so other clubs can look at him. Refreshingly candid

Hoedt def bombed out:

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc manager Ralph Hasenhüttl no-nonsense today: Like Gabbiadini, Wesley Hoedt doesn’t suit his style and should maybe look for another club
    No plans to include Fraser Forster in first team - could play for the U23s so other clubs can look at him. Refreshingly candid
    On the basis that he hasn't even given Wes a single minute of first team action to prove himself, I think this is the diplomatic way of saying "I don't like you... F*** off".

Great news on Hoedt

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Armstrong View Post

Yes, that’s right.

Really surprised how open and honest this guy is. A refreshing change.

Thanks for the write up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    Great news on Hoedt
    It’s not really, we won’t be able to shift him.

Likely to be another expensive signing out on loan

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

Objectively who are worse no1 keepers in the premier league? Lossl and Etheridge are a bit limited, Hart is erratic, but other than that I don't see anyone as poor as McCarthy and that's taking into account he's had some good games and made some decent saves. He's not a calamity, nothing like that. He's just a very average keeper. With Gunn you feel we might have someone who can be a lot better than that.
    He may well go as a number two at a big club though, presumably

24. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post

Assuming we can shift him out on loan...

Assuming we can shift him out on loan...
    All comes down to his attitude and his motivation. Seems clear he has been told he has no future at Saints, and will be lucky to make the bench at best.

If he wants to be playing regularly, and someone wants to take him on loan, then I expect it will be fairly easy to do a deal of some kind.

And his ITK badge is ruthlessly wripped off of him at hassenhutls latest press conference. So it lasted all of 1/2 day. You couldnt make it up. Glasgow, Glasgow give us a wave

So i guess McCarthy isnt on the move then

Default The January Transfer Window 2019!

Strange one about Macca, maybe a change in heart...but then again what a manager says and what a club does......I’ll see what the cabbage phone says later....luckily I didn’t believe this anyway, didn’t make much sense. But guess what, when I was told the info I didn’t shout down my source, I said thanks, believed what I wanted and carried on. Try it...

God knows who will want Hoedt.

Last edited by Cabbage_Face; 10-01-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post

Rather that than him being in our team.

Ighalo has West Ham signing written all over him :-)

Who is the guy who asked the questions in the press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    And his ITK badge is ruthlessly wripped off of him at hassenhutls latest press conference. So it lasted all of 1/2 day. You couldnt make it up. Glasgow, Glasgow give us a wave
    What badges? I’m not after any praise, I’m was passing on info and it’s down to the individual to believe it. My source has a 50% record, I don’t be Little them when they message me, I just believe what I want.

So far the source has right
    Davis
    Gabbi

Predictions left
    Hoedt
    Macca
    Cedric

Believe what you want, that’s the info.

I have a list of ins, but cba.

What badges? I’m not after any praise, I’m was passing on info and it’s down to the individual to believe it. My source has a 50% record, I don’t be Little them when they message me, I just believe what I want.

So far the source has right
    Davis
    Gabbi

Predictions left
    Hoedt
    Macca
    Cedric

Believe what you want, that’s the info.

I have a list of ins, but cba.

well I for one would appreciate you listing the Ins!

34. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EBS1980 View Post
    Who is the guy who asked the questions in the press conference?
    Sounded like Craig Slater to me from Sky Sports.

35. Default

Ralph wants 'long term' signings.

HASENHUTTL WANTS 'LONG-TERM' SIGNINGS

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl is hopeful of adding players to his squad this month, but only if they are "long-term" prospects.

"We are looking to bring someone in this transfer period, but it is not easy because in winter you must find a guy who not only for a short-time makes us better, but also for long term," he said today.

"I only want to take a transfer for the future, which is also helping us for the longer term, that is what I want to see.

"It is better to make it as soon as possible, but it is not so easy in the winter break."

Mccarthy was feeling ill during the last part of the city game, hence why Gunn started.

37. Default

Sounded like Craig Slater to me from Sky Sports.
    It was indeed.

Don't think it helped us that lookman had a cracking game in the cup at the weekend. Silva sounds like he wants to keep him. Shame as he looks very fast and skilfull.. Poulsen rumour sounds very interesting though to me.. sounds like he would really suit Ralph's pressing game works very hard good in the air and good at linking play

Strange one about Macca, maybe a change in heart...but then again what a manager says and what a club does......I’ll see what the cabbage phone says later....luckily I didn’t believe this anyway, didn’t make much sense. But guess what, when I was told the info I didn’t shout down my source, I said thanks, believed what I wanted and carried on. Try it...

God knows who will want Hoedt.

I hope we have the phone numbers of second division Dutch clubs who want a billy big boots, conniving and demotivating know-it-all with 50p feet and a panic every ten minutes. Then we'd be sorted in shifting Hoedt

40. Default Everton among several clubs interested in signing Chelsea's Michy Batshuayi

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...helseas-michy/

Bet they get him just before our game.

#rennaisanceman

42. Default Southampton boss Hasenhuttl eyes reunion with Everton starlet Lookman

43. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    Ffs. So hard to keep up with this.

I still think we need to respect him more.. ITK or not

I'm too trusting I guess. Y would anyone pretend to be ITK?

Quote Originally Posted by labibs View Post
    Does anyone think Ighalo would actually be a good signing? He was pretty poor that second season for Watford and at the time I remember them being very pleased to take the money from China. At £20m, I wouldn’t be interested to be honest.

I would actually be quite surprised if we made any permanent signings this window. Loans only.
    He was awful. But excellent before that.

But imagine the wages in China. Is he really going to take like a 70% pay cut?

Unfortunately, I think Bayern offering £35m for Hudson-Odoi is going to raise the asking price for young British attackers overlooked by their clubs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think Bayern offering £35m for Hudson-Odoi is going to raise the asking price for young British attackers overlooked by their clubs.
    maybe- we could probably ask for £15m to £20m for Obafemi if someone wanted him- but really how much would players like Sims or Reed fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post

Someone who wants a 'decent' number two. Ralph likes him, but Ralph also wants funds. So far we don't have enough from sales to even cover the Ings Signing. If the club thinks he is the asset easiest to sell, and the player wants to go, he will still go. See also: Wanyama, Pelle, Fonte, VVD, Mane, Lovren, Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin.

48. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Guan 2.0 View Post
    Someone who wants a 'decent' number two. Ralph likes him, but Ralph also wants funds. So far we don't have enough from sales to even cover the Ings Signing. If the club thinks he is the asset easiest to sell, and the player wants to go, he will still go. See also: Wanyama, Pelle, Fonte, VVD, Mane, Lovren, Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin.
    Amazing. The search is on for a top quality striker who costs about 300k to sign.

Amazing. The search is on for a top quality striker who costs about 300k to sign.
    I heard there's a good one with Blackfield and Langley

Quote Originally Posted by Guan 2.0 View Post
    This just makes me more and more annoyed that Kat decided to sell us to someone without a pot to p!ss in. So much for taking us to the ‘next level’ FFS.