Hats off to Nige

Stud mark of doom

A thumping 6-0 win for Hull today. Hats off to Nige, who is doing an amazing job there.

A Hull supporting friend told me in the summer they were nailed on for relegation, having sold all their players who were even half decent due to finances.

That’s 5 wins on the bounce now. Who knows, maybe he will get a fair shot at the prem one day.

A thumping 6-0 win for Hull today. Hats off to Nige, who is doing an amazing job there.

A Hull supporting friend told me in the summer they were nailed on for relegation, having sold all their players who were even half decent due to finances.

That’s 5 wins on the bounce now. Who knows, maybe he will get a fair shot at the prem one day.

Lets see how long it is before they cash in on Jarrod Bowen

Good luck to him. He deserves all the success he gets. He did a fantastic job for us. His win rate of 54% still stands as the best of any Saints manager since the 1890s. I thought at the time that he was going to do for us what Revie did for Leeds and Clough did for Forest. We were all gutted when he was sacked in January 2013 after a very good 2-2 away draw at Chelsea and here we are 6 years later going into another game at Stamford Bridge with our sixth different manager since then. There isn't much job security in football management.

Can't wait for Saint Lard' s contribution to this thread....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would hate to disappoint you.

Christ we still having a ****fest over this bloke.

He’s been truly atrocious up until the last few games....how long ago did he leave saints exactly.

He floundered in the big games for us and during subsequent tenures he’s been a abject failure.

He was the luckiest manager to have a fantastic squad in both league one and the championship...and we finished second both times.

That is failure with what he had at his disposal.

And his ridiculous analogy’s were ****e.here is one in comparison to the ‘bus’.....he had a Bentley at his disposal,but he drove it (us) like a mondeo.

Probably a lovely bloke I’m sure...but average at his job at best.

I appreciate we got promoted under him,I really do....but that was the minimum he should’ve achieved anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s been truly atrocious up until the last few games....how long ago did he leave saints exactly.

He floundered in the big games for us and during subsequent tenures he’s been a abject failure.

He was the luckiest manager to have a fantastic squad in both league one and the championship...and we finished second both times.

And his ridiculous analogy’s were ****e.here is one in comparison to the ‘bus’.....he had a Bentley at his disposal,but he drove it (us) like a mondeo.

I appreciate we got promoted under him,I really do....but that was the minimum he should’ve achieved anyway.

You never disappoint with your agenda driven rubbish... but now its just funny

Happy New Year

You are just the cutest X X X

Yeah but apart from that?

Good grief! I don't pay attention to who the known trolls are on here...Please tell me this is one?

I'm very pleased for him. I still keep an eye out for his results.

Imagine being a Saints fan & not liking him :D

If we are going for looking pretty I guess a Bentley is better, but performance wise? I would rather the Mondeo, Other wise interesting read ty :)

If we are going for looking pretty I guess a Bentley is better, but performance wise? I would rather the Mondeo, Other wise interesting read ty :)

The thing for me was Adkins brand of football was a joy to watch and to vilify him for not winning anything (except 2 back to back promotions) is just wrong , rather Nigel than Pellegrino ,Puel or Hughes served up the past 3 seasons. All hail Nigel for me !

The thing for me was Adkins brand of football was a joy to watch and to vilify him for not winning anything (except 2 back to back promotions) is just wrong , rather Nigel than Pellegrino ,Puel or Hughes served up the past 3 seasons. All hail Nigel for me !

Very true.

saint lard is hilarious. The more wrong he is, the angrier he gets.

I really can't understand anyone having any issue with Nige. I personally couldn't care less that we didn't win either leagues, the result is all the same, we got promoted. That was his job, and he succeeded. Yes we had a great squad but that's not always enough. He was manager of probably the most enjoyable time as a Saints fan in my lifetime and I will always have a soft spot for him. What a guy.

Good luck to him. He deserves all the success he gets. He did a fantastic job for us. His win rate of 54% still stands as the best of any Saints manager since the 1890s. I thought at the time that he was going to do for us what Revie did for Leeds and Clough did for Forest. We were all gutted when he was sacked in January 2013 after a very good 2-2 away draw at Chelsea and here we are 6 years later going into another game at Stamford Bridge with our sixth different manager since then. There isn't much job security in football management.

The real sickener was that Pochettino was already in place before Nigel got the bullet.

The real sickener was that Pochettino was already in place before Nigel got the bullet.

If you consider what he said in his interview immediately after our win against Coventry which sealed our promotion, he clearly already knew he was going to be replaced as soon as the club found the right man to take us to the next level.

He was hired and given a brief to get us promoted to the PL, which he did. But Nicola never considered him to be the right man to realise his ambition of European qualification. He might well have been a decent (ish) mid-table PL manager if he was given the chance, but we'll never know.

If you consider what he said in his interview immediately after our win against Coventry which sealed our promotion, he clearly already knew he was going to be replaced as soon as the club found the right man to take us to the next level.

He was hired and given a brief to get us promoted to the PL, which he did. But Nicola never considered him to be the right man to realise his ambition of European qualification. He might well have been a decent (ish) mid-table PL manager if he was given the chance, but we'll never know.

Remember getting in the car after all the dancing and singing on the pitch, Solent replayed his post match interview “for those of you who might just be getting to your car”, talk about all the air whooshing out of the balloon!

Sat with Hooiveld and a couple of other players up in the stand at a pre season game, my mate asked what’s the main difference between Adkins and Pochettino, Jos replied “before Pochettino we just couldn’t defend”.

Either way we were thoroughly entertained in the time Nigel was with us, yes he was given the tools to do the job, but he made full use of them.

There are always going to be a few loons posting “look at me” nonsense on an Internet forum, whenever Adkins has turned up at Saints he gets a deserved hero’s welcome from the crowd.