Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up and match thread

SuperSAINT

God know who he will pick.

But Valery, Bednarek, Romeu, Redmond, Ings, Lemina, need to be ‘rotated’ out of the team for this.

Can see Stephens, JwP, Cedric (if still here), Ramsay, Austin and a couple of surprises starting this one

Bertrand can’t be too far away, surely???

God know who he will pick.

But Valery, Bednarek, Romeu, Redmond, Ings, Lemina, need to be ‘rotated’ out of the team for this.

Can see Stephens, JwP, Cedric (if still here), Ramsay, Austin and a couple of surprises starting this one

Bertrand can’t be too far away, surely???

I'd say rest Lemina again. Hopefully we will have Obafemi back AFTER this game too.

I'm usually one for "going for it" in the Cups, but given the league position, I'd go with a lot of second string players for this.

Although with suspensions, injuries and maybe a few squad players leaving, I'm not sure I know who our second string really are anymore....

Play full strength and go for the win. Winning breeds confidence.
The squad aren't fit enough to play all these games in a short space of time. We're over the worst of the schedule madness now, so it'd be a good time for the first stringers to get in some proper recuperation and training and prepare for our next important league game in ten days or so.

We a absolutely can't afford another injury or suspension in midfield, so those boys need to be wrapped in cotton wool for a while.

Give squad players, those returning to fitness and youngsters a game - see who steps up. Maybe no-one will, in which case, what have we really lost? The cup is of minor importance compared to our critical league situation.

I suspect Derby will prioritise the league too.

Gunn; Ramsey, Stephens, Klarer, Vokins; Slattery, Davis; Sims, Elyounoussi; Long, Austin.

Assuming Davis is still here and Sims has been recalled from his loan.

(We're a bit light on central midfielders at the moment. Who else could come in? Smallbone? Rowthorne?)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If anyone guesses the correct starting line up for this game, I'll give you £1million.

McCarthey, Ramsay, Slattery, Hoedt, Targett, Romeo, Lemina, surprise CM'er from the academy, Mo, Austin, Long.

Is my guess. Since I haven't named the young kid, can I have £250,000 if I'm correct?

McCarthey, Ramsay, Slattery, Hoedt, Targett, Romeo, Lemina, surprise CM'er from the academy, Mo, Austin, Long.

Is my guess. Since I haven't named the young kid, can I have £250,000 if I'm correct?

Already that’s incorrect because RH has said Gunn is playing this Saturday.

Hope we play the under 23's. We need the first team squad as fresh as possible for the next 6 league games.

Could well see Ramsay / Slattery involved in the squad, I reckon.

Will be interesting to see if any others are training with the 1st team this week.

Hope we play the under 23's. We need the first team squad as fresh as possible for the next 6 league games.

Yeah, I agree with this. A cup run would be a nice distraction for the fans, but we really need to put all our efforts into staving off relegation this season. It has to be the number one priority, and I imagine RH will view this cup game as an opportunity to have a look at a few more fringe players.

Yeah, I agree with this. A cup run would be a nice distraction for the fans, but we really need to put all our efforts into staving off relegation this season. It has to be the number one priority, and I imagine RH will view this cup game as an opportunity to have a look at a few more fringe players.

I have always argued that staying in the league is more important than any Cup run. Now, more than ever, my assertions are correct.

just spent time listening to Ralph's press conference, really annoying no one asked him on team news but one guy asked for his opinion on tonight's City vs Liverpool game?!?!?

interestingly he says whilst he wants to win every game at the weekend, he is targeting 8 wins out of the last 17 PL games to be sure of staying!!! that would be an incredible return considering we have just 3 out of 21, but certainly doable.

also says davis and gabbiadini could be off, there is interest in both and if there is something close 'we'll be told for sure'. also gives reference to the fact we were the last team to be given the trophy by the Queen :D

anyways- my prediction for Saturday is below, but anyone know when Bertrand/Obafemi is back? or whether Lemina is 100%?

so annoying no one asked him questions like those. would predict davis but then his presser also sounds like he is close to moving back in next couple days (and I don't think Ralph intends to play anyone who isn't in his future plans!!!), sounds certainly closer to a deal than manolo is.

will predict a back 4, although I do wonder whether Hoedt might just be drafted in from the cold- highly unlikely but Cedric was.

Gunn

Ramsay Stephens Vestegaard Targett/Cedric

JWP Slattery Lemina/Armstrong Elyounoussi

Long Austin

yes I've showed it as a 442 but I'm about as clueless as everyone how Ralph will play this... it could work! although if Lemina doesn't play and Armstrong does then that team is too attacking- so maybe Klarer in and a back 3?

but feeling optimistic- going to predict a 1-0 win, late in the first half- goal comes from Austin penalty!

Squad is quite thin on the ground really.

If Hoedt is out of the squad then we really have to play our only available 3 at the back

I'd rest Ings & Lemina for sure. Maybe give Sims a run instead of Redmond if he's back. Could play Long AMR & put Austin up top.

Maybe Slattery in for JWP or Romeu to save their legs.

---------------------Gunn-------------------

---Bednarek---Vestergaard---Stephens---

Cedric-------------------------------Targett

-------------JWP-------Romeu--------------

Redmond-----------------------Elyounoussi

-------------------Long----------------------

Squad is quite thin on the ground really.

If Hoedt is out of the squad then we really have to play our only available 3 at the back

I'd rest Ings & Lemina for sure. Maybe give Sims a run instead of Redmond if he's back. Could play Long AMR & put Austin up top.

Maybe Slattery in for JWP or Romeu to save their legs.

---------------------Gunn-------------------

---Bednarek---Vestergaard---Stephens---

Cedric-------------------------------Targett

-------------JWP-------Romeu--------------

Redmond-----------------------Elyounoussi

-------------------Long----------------------

I think that looks too close to a full strength team. I reckon RH will make more changes than that.

Result is irrelevant as is the performance. All that matters is baby shark for the entire 90 mins.

They'll be 20,000 empty seats there for this game, maybe they're all fearing a shark attack from 3000 visiting pairs of flappy arms. This could be up there with the 'Lallana Wave'...............

Would be surprised if Marcus Barnes doesn't at least make the bench. Pretty sure he would have played by now if he had been named in the PL squad. No restrictions for this game.

Might see Sims and Hesketh as well.

isn't josh sims on a season long loan to Reading? so surely no chance he plays this Saturday.

as for hesketh, I think he has been recalled/his loans ended, but I think he is injured so unlikely to play too.

Would be surprised if Marcus Barnes doesn't at least make the bench. Pretty sure he would have played by now if he had been named in the PL squad. No restrictions for this game.

Might see Sims and Hesketh as well.

Isn't Barnes and 'under age' player like Valery, Ramsey, Slattery and Johnson? If so there would be no barrier to playing him in this or any other game?

Would also appreciate any advice about where to park. Cheers.
Parking for away supporters is provided at the Derby Conference Centre on London Road (A6), which is located at DE24 8UX about a 10-15 minute walk from Pride Park Stadium.

There is space for 200 vehicles, and the charge is £5 per car. As you come into Derby you can follow the brown road signs for away supporter parking which will guide you towards the Conference Centre.

Parked here for the pre season friendly, no problems.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Parking for away supporters is provided at the Derby Conference Centre on London Road (A6), which is located at DE24 8UX about a 10-15 minute walk from Pride Park Stadium.

There is space for 200 vehicles, and the charge is £5 per car. As you come into Derby you can follow the brown road signs for away supporter parking which will guide you towards the Conference Centre.

Parked here for the pre season friendly, no problems.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

This is going to be a very odd game, best wishes to the fans travelling up for this - we're both going to play a second-string side and they've got a stand closed.

Would be a good opportunity to get Bertrand 20 mins off the bench if he is nearing recovery? Also would love to see Gallagher if he's back.

Ralph from Part 2 of Presser.

- Gunn will play vs Derby

- Stephens in for Yoshida.

- Targett rested and will come back.

- Bertrand should start training tomorrow.

- Hesketh was involved in today's session - We will decide whether he stays or goes back out on loan.

- Decision still to be made on Harrison Reed.

Derby have only sold 12,000 and have a stand closed. Could be on the dull side.

That's surprising given its only £12 a ticket against an attractive big team from the Premier League, weve virtually sold out 3100 so song sheets for the game;

Weve got more fans than you

Angus Gunn do do do do do do

Whats it like to see a crowd

You're support is f8cking shlt

Road to Wembley starts here

Ralph from Part 2 of Presser.

- Gunn will play vs Derby

- Stephens in for Yoshida.

- Targett rested and will come back.

- Bertrand should start training tomorrow.

- Hesketh was involved in today's session - We will decide whether he stays or goes back out on loan.

- Decision still to be made on Harrison Reed.

Good that hesketh is fit. Hopefully he can impress.