Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up and match thread

SuperSAINT

We need to be a bit more offensive. Feel like we’re sitting on this lead already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we're trying to be more attacking, but the ball just doesn't stick up front when we lump it up to Long and Austin. Comes straight back every time.

Moi utterly anonymous again.

Was hoping RaHa would invigorate him but it’s clear his problem is largely unteachable. His speed of thought is much too slow. It’s even slower than Boufal’s.

I’m sure he’s not a bad footballer when playing in France or Italy or whatever, but it doesn’t work in the EPL.

Saints started really brightly but have gone off the boil last 20 minutes. Elyounoussi is utterly abysmal and plenty of other mistakes from the team.

Brightest spot so far is Slattery.

Long is just behind him on the abysmal stakes and Austin seems to be playing like it’s beneath him. Slattery looks good, as does Gunn. Mo is invisible

Reading the Derby forum, didn't realise Marcus Barnes is the younger brother of Giles Barnes, a once decent young player for Derby (and decent FM signing of old). I hope he gets a few minutes against his brother's former club. He also has history in the FA cup 3rd round having scored his debut goal in it for Yeovil.

#FACTS

Long is just behind him on the abysmal stakes and Austin seems to be playing like it’s beneath him. Slattery looks good, as does Gunn. Mo is invisible

Yep, the youngsters should have started ahead of Long, Austin and Moi.

People seeing what they want to here I think. Slattery has done the basics ok, but has given the ball away badly just now and given away a free kick with a poor tackle now.

Certainly not looking composed, and definitely not a bright spot of this team.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk