Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 428

Thread: Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up and match thread

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Derby have only sold 12,000 and have a stand closed. Could be on the dull side.
    That's surprising given its only £12 a ticket against an attractive big team from the Premier League, weve virtually sold out 3100 so song sheets for the game;

    Weve got more fans than you
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do
    Whats it like to see a crowd
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do
    You're support is f8cking shlt
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do

    Road to Wembley starts here

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ralph from Part 2 of Presser.

    - Gunn will play vs Derby
    - Stephens in for Yoshida.
    - Targett rested and will come back.
    - Bertrand should start training tomorrow.
    - Hesketh was involved in today's session - We will decide whether he stays or goes back out on loan.
    - Decision still to be made on Harrison Reed.
    Good that hesketh is fit. Hopefully he can impress.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ralph from Part 2 of Presser.

    - Gunn will play vs Derby
    - Stephens in for Yoshida.
    - Targett rested and will come back.
    - Bertrand should start training tomorrow.
    - Hesketh was involved in today's session - We will decide whether he stays or goes back out on loan.
    - Decision still to be made on Harrison Reed.
    Interesting re Reed - I thought it was a season loan so no recall. If he can come back, I think he's a player who would suit the RH style.

    I reckon we'll see Slattery start this one with Vokins on the bench with at least one other new face, perhaps Smallbone and a guest spot on the bench for a random keeper - perhaps Lewis. Hoedt to get a game - we need CB's with Yoshida away and he needs match time. My guess for what it's worth.

    Gunn
    Ramsay Stephens Hoedt Targett
    Slattery Romeu
    Armstrong JWP Mo
    Obafemi (if fit)

    Bench: who knows but some of Lewis, Vokins, Smallbone, Johnson and Reed (if he's back).

    We'll win.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Good that hesketh is fit. Hopefully he can impress.
    Isn't he cup tied ?

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 100%Red&White View Post
    They'll be 20,000 empty seats there for this game, maybe they're all fearing a shark attack from 3000 visiting pairs of flappy arms. This could be up there with the 'Lallana Wave'...............
    Please tell me this hasn't started happening at away games...?

    Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

  6. #56

    Default

    Team for this should essentially be anyone who isn't going to feature against Leicester. Focus should be 100% on safety.

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Team for this should essentially be anyone who isn't going to feature against Leicester. Focus should be 100% on safety.
    There's a week between the two games. No need to rest everyone.

    My guess is that Bednarek might get a rest as he's played virtually every minute under Ralph, I think. Sounds like Targett is back, which is good, so Cedric can play RB. Probably a back 3 of Stephens, Vestergaard and Ramsey.

    I'm guessing JWP will continue in CM. Romeu probably rested.

    Slattery and Armstrong behind Long.

    Just a guess.

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Dubai
    Posts
    10,425
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfp1 View Post
    Team for this should essentially be anyone who isn't going to feature against Leicester. Focus should be 100% on safety.
    Players need to maintain Match Fitness ... sitting on their ar$es every other weekend isn't going to help. Derby may well view promotion as a priority and field a weak team, we could take advantage get into a commanding position and then rest some players if necessary. Winning games breeds confidence and a feel good factor. Putting youngsters into an inexperienced line up and getting beaten could be detrimental to their confidence, plus adding the need to bring on senior players from the bench to chase the game, which could lead to more chances of an injury.

    We don't have any midweek matches until end of the month and that is after the next round of the cup which could be a blank weekend if we don't get through, meaning a possibility of a 12 day break!!

    If players can't manage 1 game a week, then they shouln't be starting at all, with the obvious exclusion of anybody carrying knocks of course.

    Cup matches are the ONLY chance of any sort of success teams like us have .... why treat them with such distain and disrespect for the fans who have made the journey. Many of the matches in my Top Ten ever have been at away Cup games.

    Plus I'm free for FA Cup Final weekend this year

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericofarabia View Post
    Players need to maintain Match Fitness ... sitting on their ar$es every other weekend isn't going to help. Derby may well view promotion as a priority and field a weak team, we could take advantage get into a commanding position and then rest some players if necessary. Winning games breeds confidence and a feel good factor. Putting youngsters into an inexperienced line up and getting beaten could be detrimental to their confidence, plus adding the need to bring on senior players from the bench to chase the game, which could lead to more chances of an injury.

    We don't have any midweek matches until end of the month and that is after the next round of the cup which could be a blank weekend if we don't get through, meaning a possibility of a 12 day break!!

    If players can't manage 1 game a week, then they shouln't be starting at all, with the obvious exclusion of anybody carrying knocks of course.

    Cup matches are the ONLY chance of any sort of success teams like us have .... why treat them with such distain and disrespect for the fans who have made the journey. Many of the matches in my Top Ten ever have been at away Cup games.

    Plus I'm free for FA Cup Final weekend this year
    Exactly.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post
    Would also appreciate any advice about where to park. Cheers.
    Go to Derby quite frequently as my brother and his family live there.

    You could park in Pride Park itself, the velodrome is 2 mins walk away. There are lots of restaurants on the Park; Pizza Hut, beefeater, chiquito etc.

    You could also park in Intu- the shopping centre which is only about 10 min walk away, and there are shedloads of eating places in there too.

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    We should play a side capable of winning this, Derby won't be no mugs.

  12. #62

    Default

    Looking forward to a decent game of football.

    Can't believe we have fans that would like to throw the game. Look to win, never go into any game looking to exit out.

    Confidence breeds success and all that, besides which I love the cup.

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    That's surprising given its only £12 a ticket against an attractive big team from the Premier League, weve virtually sold out 3100 so song sheets for the game;

    Weve got more fans than you
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do
    Whats it like to see a crowd
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do
    You're support is f8cking shlt
    Angus Gunn do do do do do do

    Road to Wembley starts here
    You’ve forgotten;

    I’ve got a shed, that’s bigger than this.....










    .......Angus Gunn do do do do do do

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Good that hesketh is fit. Hopefully he can impress.
    he's cuptied as he played for Burton at S****horpe in 1st round

  15. #65

    Default

    The inside track article on OS says derby have a tendency struggle when opposition press them high up and rough them up a bit. However if Mount, Wilson and Marriott have time on ball then they are match for anyone.

    From what I've seen of derby in carabao cup they were very impressive. Quick and fluid attacks.

    Should be decent game. We clearly need to press which echoes what Ralph has said and wants to beat them.



    Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldsarum View Post
    he's cuptied as he played for Burton at S****horpe in 1st round
    Shame but at least he’s able to show Ralph what he offers in training.

    No doubt we’ll freshen things up but given we’ve got a week till next game I hope we’ll play a reasonably strong team

    It’ll be interesting to see which striker plays. Are gallagher or obafemi fit enough yet. I’d prefer it wasn’t toothless long but equally not sure I want us starting away with immobile Austin. Assume ings will be rested if he’s not 100%.

  17. #67

    Default

    Tyreke Johnson featured in the training pics so I suspect he'll feature at some stage.

  18. Default

    Saints U23s play this evening (vs Stoke at Staplewood) so that'll give us a pretty clear indication of which youngsters will be included in tomorrow's senior squad


  19. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,221
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldsarum View Post
    he's cuptied as he played for Burton at S****horpe in 1st round
    Problem for Hesketh is that not only is he cup tied but he would also need a PL squad place I think (he's 22). That relies on removing someone else and guess that Barnes is ahead of him in that queue.

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Saints U23s play this evening (vs Stoke at Staplewood) so that'll give us a pretty clear indication of which youngsters will be included in tomorrow's senior squad

    Slattery / Afolabi / Barnes were all training with the first team so will be interesting to see if they feature.

    Tyreke Johnson is def on the coach to Derby.

  21. #71

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    We should play a side capable of winning this, Derby won't be no mugs.
    Your poor grammar and subsequent double negative implies that Derby will, in fact, be mugs.

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Your poor grammar and subsequent double negative implies that Derby will, in fact, be mugs.
    Stick to deep throating bananas, couldn’t give two ****s about my grammar on an Internet fourham


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #73

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chichester
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Stick to deep throating bananas, couldn’t give two ****s about my grammar on an Internet fourham


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't be cross, petal. I am simply trying to deduce if you feel that Derby will or will not be mugs? Maybe take a break for a bit, you're investing a little too much of yourself into this forum thing.

  24. #74

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    4,998

    Default

    Derby will not want to jeopardise their play-off chances so will likely field a weakened (sic: rotation) side. Their reserves v our reserves. As Ralph said, respecting the FA Cup and its traditions...

    Who wants to lose most?

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    As an aside, Spurs taking their game fairly seriously.

    At 6-0 up, Poch brings on Kane.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    As an aside, Spurs taking their game fairly seriously.

    At 6-0 up, Poch brings on Kane.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Daft to bring him on when Poch himself was saying his squad is stretched and had no chance to rest certain players over Xmas, Kane being one

  27. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Daft to bring him on when Poch himself was saying his squad is stretched and had no chance to rest certain players over Xmas, Kane being one
    Must be shattered after that exertion.

  28. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,705

    Default Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Don't be cross, petal. I am simply trying to deduce if you feel that Derby will or will not be mugs? Maybe take a break for a bit, you're investing a little too much of yourself into this forum thing.
    They will not be mugs but could be mugs. You dig?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cabbage_Face; 04-01-2019 at 10:34 PM.

  29. #79

    Default

    COYRAWM

  30. #80

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Guessing there will be no streams for this one?

  31. #81

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Guessing there will be no streams for this one?
    https://liveonsat.com/uk-england-all-football.php

    according to this there are a lot of channels showing this one, so fingers crossed a decent stream is available.

    safe journey to all those going!

  32. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Guessing there will be no streams for this one?
    Smooth Streams have it listed as being shown in both Canada and the USA.

  33. #83

    Default

    As part of the new overseas FA Cup TV deal, every game from the 3rd Round onwards is broadcast, so there will be a stream. That's why there are only 10 games at 3pm.

  34. #84

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    originally woolston , now lincolnshire
    Posts
    618

    Default

    For those of us that have an IPTV provider espn 9 is listing our match !

  35. #85

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    i could spit on man city's stadium
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Pubs for today anyone????

  36. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matty's Caddy View Post
    Pubs for today anyone????
    I've just started a mini solo crawl. Currently in the Old Bell, then the Tap, then Exeter Arms, maybe Smithfield. All old-school real ale and recommended.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  37. #87

    Default

    16 years ago we thrashed Spurs 4-0 in the FA Cup 3rd round in one of my favourite ever Saints performances. We then went on to the final.

    Some great nostalgia on this link: https://twitter.com/retrotextuk/stat...27361368809472

  38. Default

    Really excited to see what level of involvement the youngster's have today. Could anyone have imagined having Tyreke Johnson, Kayne Ramsay, Callum Slattery, Matt Targett, Marcus Barnes all potentially starting for us in any game this season if asked a few months ago? Today would've just been full of all the underperforming first teamers normally.

  39. #89

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    606

    Default

    ESPN+ are showing every game. Am using a paid sub (free trial) quality varies, started watching ManU which is SD at best but switched to Bompey and have an HD quality stream.

    Hoping Saints is decent.

  40. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    16 years ago we thrashed Spurs 4-0 in the FA Cup 3rd round in one of my favourite ever Saints performances. We then went on to the final.

    Some great nostalgia on this link: https://twitter.com/retrotextuk/stat...27361368809472

  41. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    16 years ago we thrashed Spurs 4-0 in the FA Cup 3rd round in one of my favourite ever Saints performances. We then went on to the final.

    Some great nostalgia on this link: https://twitter.com/retrotextuk/stat...27361368809472
    16 years?????

  42. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northam / Poletrix
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintalan View Post
    ESPN+ are showing every game. Am using a paid sub (free trial) quality varies, started watching ManU which is SD at best but switched to Bompey and have an HD quality stream.

    Hoping Saints is decent.
    Paddy power website appears to be showing every cup game live. Perfect quality too

  43. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matty's Caddy View Post
    Pubs for today anyone????
    We're in The Coronation. About 20 mins from the ground but free parking and very decent beer and food.

  44. #94

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,566

    Default

    stronger team than I ever expected

    looks like a 4231/4222 set up

  45. #95

    Default

    Gunn, Cedric, Vestegaard, Stephens, Targett, JWP, Slattery, Elyounoussi, Redmond, Long, Austin

    Happy with that, although a very lightweight midfield!

  46. #96

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    6,822

    Default


  47. Default

    Good to see Slattery start & Barnes make the bench.

  48. #98

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Can't quite work out what formation that is. 4-2-3-1 perhaps?

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Great opportunity for Slattery. Good to see Barnes on the bench alongside Johnson, Ramsay and Valery. Prowsey captain too. COYR

  50. #100

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bexy View Post
    Can't quite work out what formation that is. 4-2-3-1 perhaps?
    Or it might be Hasenhuttl's preferred formation... 4-2-2-2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •