Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up and match thread

SuperSAINT

Can't quite work out what formation that is. 4-2-3-1 perhaps?

a 4222 I'd hazard? or a 4231 with Long in the hole behind Austin?

Gunn

Cedric Stephens Vestergaard Targett

JWP Slattery

Redmond Elyounoussi

Long Austin

I mean it is a very attacking line up but a very defensive bench!!!

Gunn, Cedric, Vestegaard, Stephens, Targett, JWP, Slattery, Elyounoussi, Redmond, Long, Austin

Happy with that, although a very lightweight midfield!

Happy with a lightweight midfield? Confused.com. Lightweight midfield especially with Prowse of course. Yes I did see the Chelsea game.

Shame he didn't mark anybody for 90 minutes. That would have been slightly helpful.

Can't quite work out what formation that is. 4-2-3-1 perhaps?

Could be 4-4-2 when defending, 4-2-2-2 when attacking with the wingers drifting inside.

Not sure who the ball winners are in midfield, though. JWP might have to get through a lot of work, I've not noticed Slattery break up play much for the u23s.

If I’d said 8, you’d have gone “well actually...” on me and said Stephens doesn’t count as he came from Plymouth.

No i wouldn't. Stephens played for Southampton's under 18 academy team... That makes him a Saints academy product. Of course he is partly a Plymouth academy product as well, but that doesn't mean he isn't a Saints academy player.

Nugent on the bench for them... hope someone takes him out if he comes on.

nah, rather fans intimidate him and he ends up getting the basics all wrong! an own goal would be nice.

can't wish injuries when he no longer plays for 'them' :rolleyes:

Happy with a lightweight midfield? Confused.com. Lightweight midfield especially with Prowse of course. Yes I did see the Chelsea game.

Shame he didn't mark anybody for 90 minutes. That would have been slightly helpful.

Don't know what game you saw then.