Derby v Saints (FA Cup - 3rd Round) Build Up and match thread

SuperSAINT

Made 1 bad mistake but otherwise yes.
Rubbish, he's done nothing at all except play it out wide to the full back.

In fairness to him he's not a sitting midfielder - as that shot on goal just now shows. Should be playing behind the strikers.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

True, but if you absolutely had to choose one of the two then it's a no-brainer.

I'd rather hedge my bets on a Norway International over someone who can't play for a championship side fighting to stay up. But I might be wrong. Oh sorry, Sims came through the academy so must be Messi.

JWP best player on the pitch at the moment. Slattery tidy but could’ve been very costly with that poor control. Vestegaard (who i’m normally a fan of) can’t control his feet today, awful. Moi is trying and not shying away from the ball, first touch normally good but second touch normally awful, very weird. Not much else of note!

Rubbish, he's done nothing at all except play it out wide to the full back.

In fairness to him he's not a sitting midfielder - as that shot on goal just now shows. Should be playing behind the strikers.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

He's looked perfectly fine for a young player making his debut. 1 bad mistake aside.

Started well then soaked up pressure, then should have got second.

Gunn very composed again.

Cedric ok, nothing special.

Targett terrible defensively, looks ok going forward.

Both center backs have had one dicey moment each. Otherwise ok. Though Stephens should have scored at other end.

Jwp excellent.

Slaterry fairly composed apart from one bad error.

Redmond excellent.

Mo poor

Long typicallly making nuisance of himself while looking unlikely to ever score

Austin, game passed him by

didn't do homework with Mo clearly, just don't see any physical or technical ability for that level. Tadic may not have been rapid but he had quick feet with a football intelligence to match.

With Elyounoussi it feels like he panics and doesn't know what to do with it, nor is he quick- he needs time on the ball but you just don't get that here.

What do people expect? Two disjointed teams with changes and ultimately two clubs with more important matters than cup progression this season.

Yeah as Vest takes wild swing and slices he must be thinking well the FA Cup isn’t all that. That’ll be the reason.

Haven’t seen a replay of the Stephens miss. I was out of my seat celebrating, can’t believe it didn’t go in. Anybody get a clear view of what happened?

Came through defender’s legs and seemed to glance off Stephens back leg rather than make a clean contact.

Ps that was a beautiful goal by redmond