Southampton FC fan base, an embarrassment to the club.

SKD

A good point being raised here is the non SO postcode lot who don’t really ‘get’ it. Especially where the Skates are concerned. It’s not surprising since we’re by far the biggest club south of London, but the spreading of our fanbase is unfortunate.

In general though it is a South Coast disease. Look at us, skates, AFCB, Brighton, even Plymouth. All majority mong fanbase.

Don’t buy that at all, why do you have to be a proper saints fan just because you’re from Southampton?

Should we all just sit quietly on our hands then and clap politely when we score? :rolleyes:

Jeez. Lighten up mate. It's only people having fun. If you find it embarrassing then it says more about you than it does them I'm afraid.

People having fun? What kind of moron utters drivel like this, ask yourself that!

Not really. I take it you would be embarrassed to see a disabled fan in wheelchair or someone with Downs sitting next to you? Wouldn’t look cool would it? Quite sad how many who consider themselves to be above so many are the insecure ones with the superficial things keeping them going.
Blimey that's a bit of a stretch!

It’s not surprising since we’re by far the biggest club south of London, but the spreading of our fanbase is unfortunate.

Where does that leave me. Born in a SO postcode but not lived there for over 40 years. Should I have swapped teams when my parents moved out of the area rather than become an unfortunate plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In recent years We’ve had it all:

The hat guy who thinks he’s Indiana Jones when he goes football, with the mars bar on his head.

The face paint bloke in the EL

That bloke dancing to the light show at West Ham

And the worst of the lot for me, a number of grown men making shark signs last night.

They really are in a category of their own, 24ct mongs of the highest order. Might also add the twirling of santa hats at Huddersfield caused a cringe. But it's not as bad as supporters of other clubs who buy a blue and white santa hat, what are they trying to achieve ? Retards!

As for the shark b0ll0cks, I thought someone had introduced that for Vestergaard a while back.

That is the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life, and I watched Tubgirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a confession pal.

When I thought about who would participate in a chant like that, you were literally the first person who came to mind.

They really are in a category of their own, 24ct mongs of the highest order. Might also add the twirling of santa hats at Huddersfield caused a cringe. But it's not as bad as supporters of other clubs who buy a blue and white santa hat, what are they trying to achieve ? Retards!

As for the shark b0ll0cks, I thought someone had introduced that for Vestergaard a while back.

Retards and mongs! Are you one of the elites with a low forehead scratching around eBay for Stone Island gear?

I was at Huddersfield, I was twirling my hat. When I watched it back on TV I saw that probably over 90 percent of the supporters present were also twirling thier hats. Does that mean that less than 10 percent of fans that go to games now are actually 'proper' supporters? All the rest, I take it, are mongs or retards.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I've seen the video now in few different places.

and it generally the football world laughing at our fan base.

we have actually become a laughing stock.

so anyone reading this who joined in last night. thanks very much **** heads.

Has it occurred to any of you pr!cks having a pop at these people that maybe they might have mental health issues and that going to a football game and supporting however they choose is a welcome catharsis for them?

No, I didn't think so.

The real embarrassment here is that some apparently grown men seem to believe they have the sole right to dictate to other people how they should behave at a football match, and that those who don't conform must be 'mongs' or 'retards'.

Have a f*cking word with yourselves.

Has it occurred to any of you pr!cks having a pop at these people that maybe they might have mental health issues and that going to a football game and supporting however they choose is a welcome catharsis for them?

No, I didn't think so.

The real embarrassment here is that some apparently grown men seem to believe they have the sole right to dictate to other people how they should behave at a football match, and that those who don't conform must be 'mongs' or 'retards'.

It’s a horrible chant, mongoloid or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the video now in few different places.

and it generally the football world laughing at our fan base.

we have actually become a laughing stock.

so anyone reading this who joined in last night. thanks very much **** heads.

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

blimey- this thread has offered some differing opinions- both criticising the other- but whats the solution?

ideally what is it we want- a good balance surely?

a mixture of those that want to sing and don't want to sing? we want more variety than OWTS but then chanting new things gets shut down?

if i'm honest I'd say our away fans are fine. It is our home support that I'd love for it to be louder, when I went Wolves this year for the first time, whilst I thought the song they was singing was average, it was a very loud atmosphere before the game started and at the end.

No, I didn't think so.

Hahahahhaha

What a Wally.