3rd round memories

Stud mark of doom

Someone posted it was 16 years since we beat spurs 4-0 in the 3rd round. Great game - but not even our best match against spurs for me, that was the 3 1 win at WHL 29 (gulp) years ago. Still remember the rain falling off the net as yet another great goal was smashed into the net.

Any other favourite memories?

Someone posted it was 16 years since we beat spurs 4-0 in the 3rd round. Great game - but not even our best match against spurs for me, that was the 3 1 win at WHL 29 (gulp) years ago. Still remember the rain falling off the net as yet another great goal was smashed into the net.

Any other favourite memories?

Some good scraps with Portsmouth that day too. Didn’t realise it was that long ago. Blimey

My first: I'm not 100% of the opponent but I'm 95% sure it was MK Dons, I'm just doubting myself a bit.

I think they scored first, we went 3-1 up, then they got it back to 3-3 and Darren Kenton (remember him?) scored the scrappiest goal I've ever seen in stoppage time to win 4-3.

Walcott and Quashie scored and can't remember who got our other one. Really was a sh1te game (considering the score).

My favourite in my lifetime: Probably the 2-1 defeat against United when we were in League One and Chaplow scored. Even though we lost, we gave them a bloody good game and it wasn't even a particularly weak United team. That was the game I became certain we were going up.

January 1976 - Southampton 1 Aston Villa 1 , Hugh Fisher with an injury time equaliser......

My first Saints game - school mates dragged me out to the game, as wasn't into footy at all, and instantly loved it - not a great game overall as I remember it but the finish was the greatest buzz. So thanks Hughie for my addiction to Saints ever since :-)

Manchester City v Saints Maine Road 1960 1-5 Reeves 4 O'Brien Special train in those days. George O'Brien stuck his head out of the door on stopping at the Central Station and shouted "Where's the brass band" We were promoted to the second division that season, I think beat Liverpool 4-0 in the first home game after being promoted. those were the years of a hundred plus goals scored a season.

Manchester City v Saints Maine Road 1960 1-5 Reeves 4 O'Brien Special train in those days. George O'Brien stuck his head out of the door on stopping at the Central Station and shouted "Where's the brass band" We were promoted to the second division that season, I think beat Liverpool 4-0 in the first home game after being promoted. those were the years of a hundred plus goals scored a season.

Brilliant - this must be the winner