Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 151 to 188 of 188

Thread: Derby 2-2 Saints reaction

  1. #151

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,953

    Default

    Who ever we get In The next round, it will be viewed as ‘boring’

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Who ever we get In The next round, it will be viewed as ‘boring’
    Not if its Pompey..

  3. #153

    Default

    Thanks for this
    How many fans did we have at the game?

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spyinthesky View Post
    Thanks for this
    How many fans did we have at the game?
    Think I saw it was about 2600. Decent.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Think I saw it was about 2600. Decent.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Decent but we had an allocation of 3,100 and on Friday there were only around 50 tickets left according to the OS. It regularly shows as sold-out or near sell-outs on the OS for both home and away games but there always seem to be a number of empty seats. Strange.

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Goldfinger's Ranch
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    Decent but we had an allocation of 3,100 and on Friday there were only around 50 tickets left according to the OS. It regularly shows as sold-out or near sell-outs on the OS for both home and away games but there always seem to be a number of empty seats. Strange.
    Think it only went to sold out on OS at lunchtime on Friday. Assume that’s because they stopped selling tickets then and returned the rest to Derby since you could pay on the day for the game. Think this explains this one. No idea about Leicester.

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    Decent but we had an allocation of 3,100 and on Friday there were only around 50 tickets left according to the OS. It regularly shows as sold-out or near sell-outs on the OS for both home and away games but there always seem to be a number of empty seats. Strange.
    The 2600 was a few days ago, so may have been more. Didn't seem to be many empty seats maybe a few bought tickets for their purchase record in case we get to the semis or final, but didn't go.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  8. #158

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Nah, this was definitely while they were still on sale.

  9. #159

    Default

    Must’ve been over 2000, decent turn out. Enjoyable day out. Better than last time I watched us play derby away. Thanks Leon Best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    That commentator has got a really annoying voice when she gets excited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #161

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Who ever we get In The next round, it will be viewed as ‘boring’
    Not if we get a non-league/L2 away or Pompey. Anything else is boring.

    Not hard is it?

  12. #162

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Not if we get a non-league/L2 away or Pompey. Anything else is boring.

    Not hard is it?
    any non league/league 2 sides going to make it into round 4?

  13. #163

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    any non league/league 2 sides going to make it into round 4?
    No idea. There were plenty in round 3 though. And we got Derby hence boring.

  14. #164

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    No idea. There were plenty in round 3 though. And we got Derby hence boring.
    just looked, the answer is no (unless woking and barnet beat watford and sheff u today)

  15. #165

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    just looked, the answer is no (unless woking and barnet beat watford and sheff u today)
    Round 4 will probably be boring then.

  16. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    My quick summary, for what it's worth.

    Great day out. Cracking beer, good craic with Derby fans. For future reference, the £2.50 return bus from The Tap to the ground is brilliant.

    Game ultimately disappointing, losing the lead mainly through the softest of soft underbellies of a midfield. We cannot cope with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina all missing.

    Vestergaard and Stephens largely ok, except Verstergaard's pass straight into touch leading to the first goal and weak closing down for the second. They were both utterly wrong-footed by the flicked lob pass for the first, but I'll give Derby credit for that. Think the importance of Bednarek was underlined. And we'll miss Maya.

    Targett not really at the races, and I'm not sure that, defensively, Cedric is better than Valery.

    Slattery ok debut, JWP decent game, but the two together too lightweight. Not much impact from the other youngsters: give them time.

    Redmond gets better and better. Hard to believe, but Austin and Elyounoussi get worse. How Elliot managed to put that late header straight at the keeper, I'll never know. Long not much better, but I think there's a chance that even he'd have put that away. And he's at least got a bit of pace.

    It must have told Hasenhüttl a few things snd it'll let us get Hojbjerg's suspension out of the way before Everton, so not all bad. We're in the draw.

    Please give us a crap draw. I can't do the next round so bet it's the Skates or an interesting away.

    Don't know who the gentleman was who was next to me in the crowd (Block 50 K507?) But thanks for the most intelligent and interesting I -game chat I've had in ages.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Think it was me. I was next to a very knowledgeable gentleman in seat 6. Thanks for your comments, kind sir. Agree with all you say in above.

  17. #167

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by torsaint View Post
    Think it was me. I was next to a very knowledgeable gentleman in seat 6. Thanks for your comments, kind sir. Agree with all you say in above.
    Very pleased to meet you. I assume the knowledgeable gentleman was on the other side.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  18. #168

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover/Isleworth
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Not if we get a non-league/L2 away or Pompey. Anything else is boring.

    Not hard is it?
    Accrington or Wimbledon away would be decent.

  19. Default

    Draw tonight at 2145 on BBC1. We're #13 (Pompey are #27)

  20. #170

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Goldfinger's Ranch
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    My quick summary, for what it's worth.

    Great day out. Cracking beer, good craic with Derby fans. For future reference, the £2.50 return bus from The Tap to the ground is brilliant.

    Game ultimately disappointing, losing the lead mainly through the softest of soft underbellies of a midfield. We cannot cope with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina all missing.

    Vestergaard and Stephens largely ok, except Verstergaard's pass straight into touch leading to the first goal and weak closing down for the second. They were both utterly wrong-footed by the flicked lob pass for the first, but I'll give Derby credit for that. Think the importance of Bednarek was underlined. And we'll miss Maya.

    Targett not really at the races, and I'm not sure that, defensively, Cedric is better than Valery.

    Slattery ok debut, JWP decent game, but the two together too lightweight. Not much impact from the other youngsters: give them time.

    Redmond gets better and better. Hard to believe, but Austin and Elyounoussi get worse. How Elyounoussi managed to put that late header straight at the keeper, I'll never know. Long not much better, but I think there's a chance that even he'd have put that away. And he's at least got a bit of pace.

    It must have told Hasenhüttl a few things snd it'll let us get Hojbjerg's suspension out of the way before Everton, so not all bad. We're in the draw.

    Please give us a crap draw. I can't do the next round so bet it's the Skates or an interesting away.

    Don't know who the gentleman was who was next to me in the crowd (Block 50 K507?) But thanks for the most intelligent and interesting I -game chat I've had in ages.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    This. I was also at the game, although not in seat K507. RH sent out a mix and match team and hopefully will have learnt a few things - one of which has to be that Elyounoussi is really not very good. We finished the game with 6 players who have come through the academy - none of who are regulars in the first XI. We looked reasonably in control for an hour, then it all went a bit ragged. Which was kind of to be expected given the substitutions.

    But we didn't lose. And I also enjoyed the day out.

  21. #171

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover/Isleworth
    Posts
    8,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Draw tonight at 2145 on BBC1. We're #13 (Pompey are #27)
    It’s tomorrow night during the coverage for Wolves v Liverpool.

  22. #172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Peepa View Post
    That commentator has got a really annoying voice when she gets excited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought that, but then I realised he's probably about 20. Not that I care, but who is he?

  23. #173

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Take a guess!
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Not seen anyone post this, so apologies if it's already been said. Best chant of yesterday in the crowd might not have made it onto the radio commentary:
    "Frank Lampard, your uncles a ****"

  24. #174

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I remember when this website was all fields
    Posts
    5,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Draw tonight at 2145 on BBC1. We're #13 (Pompey are #27)
    Have we ever been drawn against a non league team?

  25. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonManager View Post
    Have we ever been drawn against a non league team?
    Were Luton non-league when we drew them a few years ago ?

  26. #176

    Default

    At least we did better than Fulham.

  27. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    At least we did better than Fulham.
    In the end though that was largely thanks to Derby spurning a golden opportunity in the final seconds.

    Does mean they, Cardiff and Huddersfield will only have the league to focus on and possibly a less congested fixture list ahead though.

  28. #178

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I remember when this website was all fields
    Posts
    5,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Were Luton non-league when we drew them a few years ago ?
    Yes they were, I always think of them as a FL club.

    But no Grimethorpe Pickle Factory 2nd XI and the like then.

  29. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Were Luton non-league when we drew them a few years ago ?
    Yes they were. Before that you have to go back to the late 50s I think

  30. #180

    Default

    Yesterday was a decent day out, and a good cup tie (if you were neutral!).

    From a Saints perspective though it highlighted many of our woes. Not cutting in front of goal,and a porous defence. We gifted them a number of runs at our goal and chances by misplaced passes and ball watching (Vestergaard, Stephens and Slaterry spring to mind as culprits, although harsh on Slaterry on his debut). Glad someone else remembered Vestergaard giving away possession needlessly in the build up to the first goal. That was nearly eclipsed from my memory by what followed. Derby must have thought they were playing against the cones in training the ease that they moved through our defence for the first goal.

    Second one, should have been cut out in our own half, but both Redmond and Targett allowed someone to skip past them with ease. I can understand Redmond not 'getting stuck in' , it's not his key role and something which has eluded better players than him (can't imagine MLT going fully into that challenge for example), but as a defender Targett should have been there. Don't think the bloke would breeze past if Shaw, or Mark Dennis had been there.

    It reinforced the shortcomings in the squad and players who aren't up to Ralph's game - Elyonousse, Targett, in particular.

    The other thing of concern is the lack of any leadership on the pitch. Someone to either slow the game down, or rally others when needed. No Alan Ball, Jimmy Case figure, or a Fonte even.

    Just hope Ralph can get the message though to Kruger and Gao for some changes.

  31. #181

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Cedric too. Awful awful player. But oh, he's won a European Championship so let's give him a 15 year contract extension and make him PM.
    You're like a stuck record mate playing to an audience of one. Cedric played very well yesterday.

  32. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    just looked, the answer is no (unless woking and barnet beat watford and sheff u today)
    So Barnet it is then.

  33. #183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stockportsaint View Post
    Not seen anyone post this, so apologies if it's already been said. Best chant of yesterday in the crowd might not have made it onto the radio commentary:
    "Frank Lampard, your uncles a ****"
    Hope the big move up to secondary school goes well for you in September

  34. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    It’s tomorrow night during the coverage for Wolves v Liverpool.
    Thanks, thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it on the TV guide this evening!!

  35. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Saint View Post
    Thanks, thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it on the TV guide this evening!!
    Presumably the 2145 time is correct - ie they are doing it at full time, not before the kick off (as they sometimes have for Monday games).

  36. #186

    Default

    Anyone know when the replay is likely to be?

    Obvious choice is Tuesday 15th or Wednesday 16th.

  37. #187

    Default

    I believe its scheduled for 1945hrs Wednesday 16th, only one for that day so might be on TV.

  38. Default

    Accy Stanley away - brilliant!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •