Derby 2-2 Saints reaction

JustMike

Think I saw it was about 2600. Decent.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Decent but we had an allocation of 3,100 and on Friday there were only around 50 tickets left according to the OS. It regularly shows as sold-out or near sell-outs on the OS for both home and away games but there always seem to be a number of empty seats. Strange.

Decent but we had an allocation of 3,100 and on Friday there were only around 50 tickets left according to the OS. It regularly shows as sold-out or near sell-outs on the OS for both home and away games but there always seem to be a number of empty seats. Strange.

Think it only went to sold out on OS at lunchtime on Friday. Assume that’s because they stopped selling tickets then and returned the rest to Derby since you could pay on the day for the game. Think this explains this one. No idea about Leicester.

The 2600 was a few days ago, so may have been more. Didn't seem to be many empty seats maybe a few bought tickets for their purchase record in case we get to the semis or final, but didn't go.

My quick summary, for what it's worth.

Great day out. Cracking beer, good craic with Derby fans. For future reference, the £2.50 return bus from The Tap to the ground is brilliant.

Game ultimately disappointing, losing the lead mainly through the softest of soft underbellies of a midfield. We cannot cope with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina all missing.

Vestergaard and Stephens largely ok, except Verstergaard's pass straight into touch leading to the first goal and weak closing down for the second. They were both utterly wrong-footed by the flicked lob pass for the first, but I'll give Derby credit for that. Think the importance of Bednarek was underlined. And we'll miss Maya.

Targett not really at the races, and I'm not sure that, defensively, Cedric is better than Valery.

Slattery ok debut, JWP decent game, but the two together too lightweight. Not much impact from the other youngsters: give them time.

Redmond gets better and better. Hard to believe, but Austin and Elyounoussi get worse. How Elliot managed to put that late header straight at the keeper, I'll never know. Long not much better, but I think there's a chance that even he'd have put that away. And he's at least got a bit of pace.

It must have told Hasenhüttl a few things snd it'll let us get Hojbjerg's suspension out of the way before Everton, so not all bad. We're in the draw.

Please give us a crap draw. I can't do the next round so bet it's the Skates or an interesting away.

Don't know who the gentleman was who was next to me in the crowd (Block 50 K507?) But thanks for the most intelligent and interesting I -game chat I've had in ages.

Think it was me. I was next to a very knowledgeable gentleman in seat 6. Thanks for your comments, kind sir. Agree with all you say in above.

Think it was me. I was next to a very knowledgeable gentleman in seat 6. Thanks for your comments, kind sir. Agree with all you say in above.
Very pleased to meet you. I assume the knowledgeable gentleman was on the other side. [emoji6]

My quick summary, for what it's worth.

Great day out. Cracking beer, good craic with Derby fans. For future reference, the £2.50 return bus from The Tap to the ground is brilliant.

Game ultimately disappointing, losing the lead mainly through the softest of soft underbellies of a midfield. We cannot cope with Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina all missing.

Vestergaard and Stephens largely ok, except Verstergaard's pass straight into touch leading to the first goal and weak closing down for the second. They were both utterly wrong-footed by the flicked lob pass for the first, but I'll give Derby credit for that. Think the importance of Bednarek was underlined. And we'll miss Maya.

Targett not really at the races, and I'm not sure that, defensively, Cedric is better than Valery.

Slattery ok debut, JWP decent game, but the two together too lightweight. Not much impact from the other youngsters: give them time.

Redmond gets better and better. Hard to believe, but Austin and Elyounoussi get worse. How Elyounoussi managed to put that late header straight at the keeper, I'll never know. Long not much better, but I think there's a chance that even he'd have put that away. And he's at least got a bit of pace.

It must have told Hasenhüttl a few things snd it'll let us get Hojbjerg's suspension out of the way before Everton, so not all bad. We're in the draw.

Please give us a crap draw. I can't do the next round so bet it's the Skates or an interesting away.

Don't know who the gentleman was who was next to me in the crowd (Block 50 K507?) But thanks for the most intelligent and interesting I -game chat I've had in ages.

This. I was also at the game, although not in seat K507. RH sent out a mix and match team and hopefully will have learnt a few things - one of which has to be that Elyounoussi is really not very good. We finished the game with 6 players who have come through the academy - none of who are regulars in the first XI. We looked reasonably in control for an hour, then it all went a bit ragged. Which was kind of to be expected given the substitutions.

But we didn't lose. And I also enjoyed the day out.

At least we did better than Fulham.

In the end though that was largely thanks to Derby spurning a golden opportunity in the final seconds.

Does mean they, Cardiff and Huddersfield will only have the league to focus on and possibly a less congested fixture list ahead though.

Yesterday was a decent day out, and a good cup tie (if you were neutral!).

From a Saints perspective though it highlighted many of our woes. Not cutting in front of goal,and a porous defence. We gifted them a number of runs at our goal and chances by misplaced passes and ball watching (Vestergaard, Stephens and Slaterry spring to mind as culprits, although harsh on Slaterry on his debut). Glad someone else remembered Vestergaard giving away possession needlessly in the build up to the first goal. That was nearly eclipsed from my memory by what followed. Derby must have thought they were playing against the cones in training the ease that they moved through our defence for the first goal.

Second one, should have been cut out in our own half, but both Redmond and Targett allowed someone to skip past them with ease. I can understand Redmond not 'getting stuck in' , it's not his key role and something which has eluded better players than him (can't imagine MLT going fully into that challenge for example), but as a defender Targett should have been there. Don't think the bloke would breeze past if Shaw, or Mark Dennis had been there.

It reinforced the shortcomings in the squad and players who aren't up to Ralph's game - Elyonousse, Targett, in particular.

The other thing of concern is the lack of any leadership on the pitch. Someone to either slow the game down, or rally others when needed. No Alan Ball, Jimmy Case figure, or a Fonte even.

Just hope Ralph can get the message though to Kruger and Gao for some changes.

Not seen anyone post this, so apologies if it's already been said. Best chant of yesterday in the crowd might not have made it onto the radio commentary:

"Frank Lampard, your uncles a ****"

Hope the big move up to secondary school goes well for you in September

Thanks, thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it on the TV guide this evening!!
Presumably the 2145 time is correct - ie they are doing it at full time, not before the kick off (as they sometimes have for Monday games).