Leicester vs Saints - Build up

SuperSAINT

Hopeful that after a clear week of training we can get a result today. Ralph should have a plan for the game and if the players can execute then we should have a decent chance even with the absences.

Big day today with the rest of the bottom 5 playing each other. Would be great to pick up a point or better.

Long won't have a single shot on target all game.

Meanwhile given our injury crisis, we've gone and offloaded Gabbiadini.

Long likely won't score, but he needs to lead the press from the front effectively. Hasn't really done that when I've seen him which is what he's normally good at.

Hardly a 'journeyman', had only ever played for Chelsea before signing for us. Charlie George maybe.

0-0 probably best we can hope for today, OK as long as we back that up with at least 4 points from the next 2 at home.

Charlie George

George had only played for two clubs before signing for us, Arsenal and Derby, so definitely not a 'journeyman'.

No disputing he falls nicely into the other category , if not being a trailblazer for the signing of crocks. I think he signed in December, and only played a couple of matches that season if at all.

Gunn

Bednerak stephens Vest

Cedric Romeu JWP Targett

Sims Armstrong

Redmond

Would be my choice on what we have available.... what a pathetic team :lol: surely a contender for the weakest the PL has ever seen.

Pointless playing long as he offers nothing, literally nothing.

Only 3/4 of them up to PL standard the rest lower championship.

Where is Lemina? I am presuming Bertrand might make the bench if he has been back in training this week.

Tummy injury still apparently, its what 5 weeks but managed to play a full game + 45 mins before becoming unable to play

3 weeks not 5, typo, my bad.

Ok well presume he is a maybe seeing he has had the last two games off but seemed ok to play against Man City.

I am not sure I believe he is injured, this injury started at the time of him being linked with a move to PSG, Lemina throwing toys about maybe? seems more likely than a tummy injury that lets him play a full game and do 45 mins before being unable to play at all / even make the bench

Peter Osgood

Ossie could never be regarded as a journeyman, assuming you know what the term means (clue, it has nothing to do with number of clubs). He was a master craftsman. His legs had gone when he joined us but developed a style of play that involved little or no running but his passing ability was second to none. Much admired and great favourite at the time. One of the few players to be revered at more than one club, a legend for Chelsea and Saints.

Ossie could never be regarded as a journeyman, assuming you know what the term means (clue, it has nothing to do with number of clubs). He was a master craftsman. His legs had gone when he joined us but developed a style of play that involved little or no running but his passing ability was second to none. Much admired and great favourite at the time. One of the few players to be revered at more than one club, a legend for Chelsea and Saints.

[emoji106]

Peter Osgood

Well, I don't know how you would define 'journeyman', Waylander, but your definition is surely not the same as mine. Some of my favourite moments watching Saints play, was when Ossie was on the pitch. A true star for me!

George had only played for two clubs before signing for us, Arsenal and Derby, so definitely not a 'journeyman'.

No disputing he falls nicely into the other category , if not being a trailblazer for the signing of crocks. I think he signed in December, and only played a couple of matches that season if at all.

He also had a stint in the US before signing for SFC and also went out on loan to Forest while here. And then went onto play for several other clubs. Probably fits the 'journeyman' title throughout his career.

Today's line-up

Starting XI: McCarthy, Valery, Vestergaard, Stephens, Bednarek, Targett, Romeu ©, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Long.

Subs: Gunn, Cédric, Ramsay, Slattery, Sims, Elyounoussi, Gallagher.

Have we ever put out a weaker bench in the Premier League?

This was our bench against Everton at home back in 2014- we won that game against them 3-0 though! (mind you, we had a decent defence back then- but looking at that line up that beat them it wasn't all that to say the least either!)

1Davis

10Mané

32McCarthy

33Targett

38McQueen

45Seager

46Gape

McCarthy, Stephens, Valery, Vestergaard, Bednarek, Targett, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Long

Subs: Gunn, Soares, Elyounoussi, Gallagher, Sims, Slattery, Ramsay

There are so many weak links in that side that it has to be one of the poorest teams we've ever fielded in the top flight. Let's hope Ralph can perform miracles with it.

Agree with this. Shere class.

There are so many weak links in that side that it has to be one of the poorest teams we've ever fielded in the top flight. Let's hope Ralph can perform miracles with it.

The only players missing are Hoigberg (Suspended) and Yoshida (International Duty). Who else would you have brought in?