Leicester vs Saints - Build up

SuperSAINT

So would I, if any of them were good enough.

JWP and Stephens both have a lot of experience and can do a job when called upon as backup players. Valery shows a lot of promise, and can actually defend, but is nowhere near the finished article.

Of the four that are starting, I would say Targett is the only one that really shouldn't be anywhere near our matchday squad. A defender who manages to let his man go past him every single time has no business getting starts in the PL.

Hard to judge any of the subs really, given they have so little experience at this level between them.

Looks a really weak side. Shane 'stealing a living' Long as our lone striker makes me want to weep.

As others have said, shows how pathetic our recruitment has been last 3 years. Everyone has known we have needed quality up front since Pelle left and what do we get.....

Long, injury prone and over the hill Austin, injury prone (as is shown this season) Ings, awful Elyonoussi and the collossal waste of money that was Carillo.

Still hoping we'll get something out of this game but not confident at all.

And Ings, and Austin, and Bertrand, and Lemina - all unavailable today as well.

Nothing wrong with Lemina, he has just been dropped from the team, weather for bad attitude / transfer speculation I don't know, but no way is he still suffering from a tummy injury after 4 weeks still when he managed to play 90 mins and 45 with it but can no longer make match day squad. I don't believe it.

I am not sure I believe he is injured, this injury started at the time of him being linked with a move to PSG, Lemina throwing toys about maybe? seems more likely than a tummy injury that lets him play a full game and do 45 mins before being unable to play at all / even make the bench

I know an "injured" player when I see one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only players missing are Hoigberg (Suspended) and Yoshida (International Duty). Who else would you have brought in?

It's more an issue of how bad our transfer activity has been in recent years that we've ended up with a squad as poor as this. It's going to take several transfer windows to strengthen this squad.

Ralph has a weak squad to work with, but at least it means we'll actually find out what exact kind of quality we have in players like Slattery, Sims, Gallagher, Ramsey, Valery etc. There's been so much discussion about whether the younger players can do anything at this level, hopefully we'll get some answers and either move them on or bring them through. Valery hasn't done badly.

The only players missing are Hoigberg (Suspended) and Yoshida (International Duty). Who else would you have brought in?

Ings. Lemina. Bertrand. Cedric. Hoijberg. Yoshida. All of them would be stronger than what we have. So there are four more to add to your two!

Nothing wrong with Lemina, he has just been dropped from the team, weather for bad attitude / transfer speculation I don't know, but no way is he still suffering from a tummy injury after 4 weeks still when he managed to play 90 mins and 45 with it but can no longer make match day squad. I don't believe it.

You do realise it's possible he was carrying a minor injury and playing those games might have aggravated it, don't you?

Yes, there is a possibility that he might have a move lined up, but it's perfectly feasible that the club is telling the truth about his injury as well.

I know an "injured" player when I see one...

right, so let us get this together yeah, Gets a tummy injury against Gunners, Cant play against huds cause not 100 % has little pain in tummy when running so left out, Ralphs says he is now able to play and plays Lemina against West ham, stats he disappointed with his performance but no mention of injury, starts next game ( Again no metion of injury and has not for 2 weeks now ) gets dragged off at half time against city, not seen since. with no mention of said injury since before Hudds game.

Last time he had a chance was earlier this season against Brighton in the cup, and he played very well that night. He has been injured since then.

And all those other chances he's had? He's now 23. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I don't think he's gonna make it.

Can't believe the negativity here. I'm excited for the game. Redmond's on fire. JWP stronger, feistier, cleverer than ever. Long's a poor finisher but will still stress their defense. Romeu can be a rock. the back five seem to be improving every game. High press supersmart manager who's had a full week to prepare. Aren't I allowed a little excitement ahead of the game? all the recent clashes w Leicester could have gone either way. I think 1-2 to Saints a strong possibility.

You do realise it's possible he was carrying a minor injury and playing those games might have aggravated it, don't you?

Yes, there is a possibility that he might have a move lined up, but it's perfectly feasible that the club is telling the truth about his injury as well.

Not for a tummy injury no. unless he is doing some sit ups during the game I can see no reason how or why you would aggravate a tummy bug sorry injury :D.

Just wanted to add, that he has taken part in every single training season since he got his injury against gunners, so he trained up to Hudds game, and after, and after west ham and so on, no way is his tummy still causing him probs after 4 weeks

Can't believe the negativity here. I'm excited for the game. Redmond's on fire. JWP stronger, feistier, cleverer than ever. Long's a poor finisher but will still stress their defense. Romeu can be a rock. the back five seem to be improving every game. High press supersmart manager who's had a full week to prepare. Aren't I allowed a little excitement ahead of the game? all the recent clashes w Leicester could have gone either way. I think 1-2 to Saints a strong possibility.

I like that post. Just not a bit about JWP...As for that bit...REALLY?!

Do you really think a striker that never scores stresses defenders out? He makes them run around a little bit more than usual, that's it.

Looks a really weak side. Shane 'stealing a living' Long as our lone striker makes me want to weep.

As others have said, shows how pathetic our recruitment has been last 3 years. Everyone has known we have needed quality up front since Pelle left and what do we get.....

Long, injury prone and over the hill Austin, injury prone (as is shown this season) Ings, awful Elyonoussi and the collossal waste of money that was Carillo.

Still hoping we'll get something out of this game but not confident at all.

Sums up my thoughts, very weak line up and not surprising that it has come to this , injury prone Ings is just that, Will probably play 50% of our games whilst picking up a big wage. Hopefully by end of the month we'll have Bertrand, Cedric, Hoijberg, Ings, Lemina, perhaps Yoshida back in.

right, so let us get this together yeah, Gets a tummy injury against Gunners, Cant play against huds cause not 100 % has little pain in tummy when running so left out, Ralphs says he is now able to play and plays Lemina against West ham, stats he disappointed with his performance but no mention of injury, starts next game ( Again no metion of injury and has not for 2 weeks now ) gets dragged off at half time against city, not seen since. with no mention of said injury since before Hudds game.

Exactly. "injured". Either stropping or wants out. Or both. Smells to me a bit Hoedt-ish

Any streams gratefully received.

If you have ace stream ( Add on for VLC player ) dd82dd70c0b0d7a04064e23f4b02c46f7155aa0f but if not try here always loads here, I stick to ace strema links though, no adds and far better quality + I can pause and rewind and fast forward ( After I have paused it for a while ofc, can't fast forward real life :D ) https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/af76d0/1500_gmt_leicester_city_vs_southampton/

Not for a tummy injury no. unless he is doing some sit ups during the game I can see no reason how or why you would aggravate a tummy bug sorry injury :D.

Just wanted to add, that he has taken part in every single training season since he got his injury against gunners, so he trained up to Hudds game, and after, and after west ham and so on, no way is his tummy still causing him probs after 4 weeks

They haven't said it's a tummy bug. They've said it's a stomach injury, which means (I assume) it's a muscular problem with his stomach. Of course it's possible he is still having problems with that after 4 weeks.