Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 252

Thread: Leicester vs Saints - Build up

  1. Default Leicester vs Saints - Build up

    Another reunion with Claude. I still remember that winner they scored at St Mary's.

    Yoshida / Hojbjerg / Ings / all huge misses for us.

    Very few injuries for them.

  2. #2

    Default

    Long, Barnes and Afolabi our available strikers going into the game. (Austin likely suspended, Gabbi not being brought back in) Going to be fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Long, Barnes and Afolabi our available strikers going into the game. (Austin likely suspended, Gabbi not being brought back in) Going to be fun.
    Such a shame Obafemi unlikely to be fit.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,134

    Default

    As always with Puel, there's no way of knowing what sort of side we'll face. They have a good squad but seem very capable of throwing up awful performances amongst good results. Such a frustrating manager.

    Just go with Long and let him hassle them, we'll need goalscorers around him though, and i'd play JWP for set piece threat.

    Gunn
    Stephens Bednarek Vesterguard
    Cedric Romeu JWP Targett
    Armstrong Long Redmond

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    Only one outcome, managerial genius vs us.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Gunn/McCarthy
    Valery Stephens Bednarek Cedric/Bertrand
    Romeu Lemina*
    JWP Redmond Armstrong
    ST**

    *If Lemina not fit then either a 3ATB with Vestegaard in or Slattery in
    **Any striker that Ralph sees fit.

  7. #7

    Default

    Gunn
    Valery Stephens vestergaard bednarek Cedric
    Romeu jwp
    Armstrong gallagher Redmond

    Be interesting to see who plays in goal, who plays at fb, if lemina is going to be back fit,
    Up front if gallagher is back in full training this week go with him. I just can’t put long or Austin in a starting lineup after today.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Think they'll be too strong for us. That said, we battled for a point at Chelsea, so I'd take the same now. Not at all confident though.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    Gunn
    Valery Stephens vestergaard bednarek Cedric
    Romeu jwp
    Armstrong gallagher Redmond

    Be interesting to see who plays in goal, who plays at fb, if lemina is going to be back fit,
    Up front if gallagher is back in full training this week go with him. I just canít put long or Austin in a starting lineup after today.
    Gallagher is not going to start.
    Reckon Lemina could come back in with Long starting up top

  10. #10

    Default

    A point would be an amazing result. Them and Wolves are the best of the rest.

  11. #11

    Default

    If we are signing a striker this would be a bloody good week to get it done.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Think they'll be too strong for us. That said, we battled for a point at Chelsea, so I'd take the same now. Not at all confident though.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Like they were too strong for cardiff?

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    As always with Puel, there's no way of knowing what sort of side we'll face. They have a good squad but seem very capable of throwing up awful performances amongst good results. Such a frustrating manager.

    Just go with Long and let him hassle them, we'll need goalscorers around him though, and i'd play JWP for set piece threat.

    Gunn
    Stephens Bednarek Vesterguard
    Cedric Romeu JWP Targett
    Armstrong Long Redmond
    God that is an awful side, yes I know there are not many options, but it comes to something when we are having to put a side out like that in the Premiership. The recent abysmal purchasing mistakes are really coming home to roost now.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    9,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    God that is an awful side, yes I know there are not many options, but it comes to something when we are having to put a side out like that in the Premiership. The recent abysmal purchasing mistakes are really coming home to roost now.
    It hasn't happened overnight. I flagged this slow decline 4 years ago and said that it would it accelerate in the end with an almighty crash. We may pull out of the nose dive now, but it will be tight. However, the signs were there to see years ago if people had looked carefully.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    As always with Puel, there's no way of knowing what sort of side we'll face. They have a good squad but seem very capable of throwing up awful performances amongst good results. Such a frustrating manager.
    I know it's hard for you to admit that you were wrong about him all along but you really must stop obsessing over him. Time to move on.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    10,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    It hasn't happened overnight. I flagged this slow decline 4 years ago and said that it would it accelerate in the end with an almighty crash. We may pull out of the nose dive now, but it will be tight. However, the signs were there to see years ago if people had looked carefully.
    Me, me,me.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Me, me,me.
    If only he had mentioned this before, maybe someone might have listened.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    who knows, maybe the Puel at home we all know so well will turn up and we win this 1-0? or scrap out another 0-0?
    Cardiff beat these lot at theirs, but equally City lost at theirs.

    both games had a wonder goal though.
    not sure who is capable of that for us bar Redmond but he used his one up today.
    I'd say JWP free kick but April Fool's Day is just under 3 months away.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Like they were too strong for cardiff?
    Cardiff are stronger than us, both physically and mentally.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  20. Default

    Leicester have one of the best squads in EPL / Europe, but they are inconsistent and beatable.

    Probably a boring 0-0 with lots of opportunities

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Cardiff are stronger than us, both physically and mentally.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Yeh course they are

  22. #22

    Default

    Hard right now to see how we get anything from this with Shane Long our only fit and available striker.

  23. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Leicester have one of the best squads in EPL / Europe, but they are inconsistent and beatable.

    Probably a boring 0-0 with lots of opportunities
    And interesting possibilities

  24. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Long, Barnes and Afolabi our available strikers going into the game.
    Barnes isn't in our Premier League squad

  25. Default

    Puel only raises his game for the top sides (apparently) so we should walk this one

  26. #26

    Default

    Next weekend i can see Burnley winning at home to Fulham and Cardiff winning at home to Huddersfield, if we lose as expected at Leicester its going to be looking bad for the bottom 3.
    Newcastle are away to Chelsea so hopefully we will still be close to them.
    Leicester have already beaten us at St Marys and our record at the King power stadium is awful , we've got to be due a bit of luck there.

  27. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Next weekend i can see Burnley winning at home to Fulham and Cardiff winning at home to Huddersfield, if we lose as expected at Leicester its going to be looking bad for the bottom 3.
    Newcastle are away to Chelsea so hopefully we will still be close to them.
    Leicester have already beaten us at St Marys and our record at the King power stadium is awful , we've got to be due a bit of luck there.
    Agree with your assessment. The only optimism I have is Ralph, who stands out as a quality manager and coach; surely those who argued the squad was top ten and too good to be relegated must see how bare the cupboard is. RH must see how awful Long and Austin are as attacking players; he must see how poor Hoedt, Targett, Vest, Stephens and Elynoussi are. He must see the limitations of Ward-Prowse. Whatever happens in this window, if Ralph keeps us up and is allowed to re-shape SFC we will all be in his debt.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Long, Barnes and Afolabi our available strikers going into the game. (Austin likely suspended, Gabbi not being brought back in) Going to be fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So don't bother with a recognised striker most of our goal threat is coming from Redmond anyway these days so just play Armstrong and Lemina either side of him with Romeu and JWP behind

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Barnes isn't in our Premier League squad
    Barnes can be added to the premier league squad as the registration is open again, as long as someone is removed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    Itís depressing that Long is our only striker with any premier league experience for this game. He has become one of the worst players weíve ever had. Itís not even like if he scored a goal heíd go on and score more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    As always with Puel, there's no way of knowing what sort of side we'll face. They have a good squad but seem very capable of throwing up awful performances amongst good results. Such a frustrating manager.

    Just go with Long and let him hassle them, we'll need goalscorers around him though, and i'd play JWP for set piece threat.

    Gunn
    Stephens Bednarek Vesterguard
    Cedric Romeu JWP Targett
    Armstrong Long Redmond
    What an awful team.

    **** playing Long in this game, even if he is our only available striker. 2 goals in 50odd games, he should be nowhere near this level.

  32. #32

    Default

    Armstrong is reported as having an ankle problem, hopefully minor.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    I think Slattery would actually be more effective with Rom and Lemina backing him up, rather than JWP and Mo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34

    Default

    Burnley got Fulham and Cardiff have Huddersfield so we could really do with getting a result here.

  35. #35

    Default

    Will be interesting to see if these injury problems speed up fhe transfer dealings, or even mean Gabbiadini has to come back into the side.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,595

    Default

    https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...league=england

    the form table
    in our last 6 we have faced arsenal, chelsea and city.....

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...league=england

    the form table
    in our last 6 we have faced arsenal, chelsea and city.....
    Not good reading that for Everton or Bournemouth. Luckily for them, they both made decent starts.

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    26,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not good reading that for Everton or Bournemouth. Luckily for them, they both made decent starts.
    Bournemouth have a horrid Jan/Feb.
    However, they are a side that have this type of slump every year and are always fine

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    Leicester lose to Newport no doubt we will get the backlash


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    10,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Barnes can be added to the premier league squad as the registration is open again, as long as someone is removed.
    Davis ?

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Bournemouth have a horrid Jan/Feb.
    However, they are a side that have this type of slump every year and are always fine
    It'd be funny if they did slide down the table though. Their fans are getting a bit too big for their boots.

  42. #42

    Default

    With the quality of their squad it's incredible to see them so far off the top 5. No wonder their fans are fed up. Any result is possible, but with our injuries a defeat is most likely. Fingers firmly crossed.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    300
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Leicester lose to Newport no doubt we will get the backlash


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll get to face a new manager.

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice29 View Post
    We'll get to face a new manager.
    I think beating Chelsea, Man City and Everton recently and being in 7th might just about count in his favour...

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Love and Light.
    Posts
    5,753

    Default

    He got sacked getting to a cup final and finishing top 10. So probs will get sacked. He canít keep a dressing room


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #46

    Default

    Still looking for a ticket if anyone has one!

  47. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanRG View Post
    Still looking for a ticket if anyone has one!
    Should be plenty in the home end.

    https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11...-match-thread/

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Anyone going to tell them we've got no strikers for this one?

  49. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrice29 View Post
    We'll get to face a new manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I think beating Chelsea, Man City and Everton recently and being in 7th might just about count in his favour...
    But alienating the dressing room, or key members of it (apparently) will proably be the biggest factor.

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    But alienating the dressing room, or key members of it (apparently) will proably be the biggest factor.
    Upsetting players and dividing the fans. Sounds familiar.

    Quite how he's divided the leicester fans so quickly is an achievement. After winning the league they were probably the most united of fanbases in Europe.... Until Puel arrived.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •