FA Cup weekend - other fixtures

Pamplemousse

That comment about AFC Wimbledon being in the 4th round for “the first time in their history “ will go down well. ****ing ignorant twt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it IS the first time they have made the 4th round!! Ignorant twt.

I’d love it if they ****ed the league up now and champions league.

Utd v City Pl game is qtr final weekend so likely to be rearranged to end of season. Utd to beat City to hand Liverpool the title? A derby most Utd fans would happily lose I imagine.

Proper supporters know they won it in ‘88. Hell, even Franchise FC have admitted that now.

What do you mean "proper supporters"? The Wimbledon that won the cup became MK Dons; AFC Wimbledon is not the Wimbledon that won the cup even if many of the original supporters now support AFC Wimbledon. You will not find any reference to an FA cup win in any record of AFC Wimbledon because it is not the same club. Manchester City and Manchester Untd are not the same club just because they have "Manchester" in their title.

What do you mean "proper supporters"? The Wimbledon that won the cup became MK Dons; AFC Wimbledon is not the Wimbledon that won the cup even if many of the original supporters now support AFC Wimbledon. You will not find any reference to an FA cup win in any record of AFC Wimbledon because it is not the same club. Manchester City and Manchester Untd are not the same club just because they have "Manchester" in their title.
Didn't mkdons return the old memorabilia to afc Wimbledon?

Didn't mkdons return the old memorabilia to afc Wimbledon?

They did.

To all intents and purposes, AFC Wimbledon IS Wimbledon, however in legal terms it's not the same team.

It's the same thing with the current club who play at Fratton Park who were founded in 2012.

It's a bit of a slight on AFC's actual achievement of getting to their first FA Cup fourth round by talking about how it's not really because they won it once and everything. No they didn't.

AFC are a different club on a different journey and it's taken them to L1 and, now, to the FA Cup fourth round for the first time. Yes, we all know MK gave them all the memorabilia and records etc but still not the same club. The new club are making their own history which should be celebrated.

Congratulations to them.

Away terrace holds 1500 plus usually 500 seats.

They gave Sunderland 2,300 for their league fixture.

But total capacity is only 5000 so doubt they need to give us that many.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

But seems unlikely they'll give us more than the away terrace as there is bound to be more local interest in the FA Cup.

It's a bit of a slight on AFC's actual achievement of getting to their first FA Cup fourth round by talking about how it's not really because they won it once and everything. No they didn't.

AFC are a different club on a different journey and it's taken them to L1 and, now, to the FA Cup fourth round for the first time. Yes, we all know MK gave them all the memorabilia and records etc but still not the same club. The new club are making their own history which should be celebrated.

Congratulations to them.

The supporters and officials consider it the same club, and I believe the ‘88 players do as well. This is from their official website.

“Just two years earlier, it was Danny Kedwell whose final penalty kick in the shoot-out decided the Conference play-off final against Luton Town at the City of Manchester Stadium. Such penalty heroics were hardly something new for older supporters, who remembered the saves from the spot that immortalised the names of Dickie Guy and Dave Beasant in FA Cup folklore.”.

They do not consider they’re “making their own history”, and neither do most neutral supporters.

“Congratulations to them” . Lol , I wouldn’t say that in front of Vincent Jones or Fash if I was you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The supporters and officials consider it the same club, and I believe the ‘88 players do as well. This is from their official website.

“Just two years earlier, it was Danny Kedwell whose final penalty kick in the shoot-out decided the Conference play-off final against Luton Town at the City of Manchester Stadium. Such penalty heroics were hardly something new for older supporters, who remembered the saves from the spot that immortalised the names of Dickie Guy and Dave Beasant in FA Cup folklore.”.

They do not consider they’re “making their own history”, and neither do most neutral supporters.

“Congratulations to them” . Lol , I wouldn’t say that in front of Vincent Jones or Fash if I was you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This official website?

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2019/january/fa-cup-draw-tonight-look-out-for-ball-28/

"Excitement is growing ahead of tonight's Emirates FA Cup draw with AFC Wimbledon in the fourth round of the competition for the first time since the club was reformed"

The "first time" you say? The first time?

Fancy. Let's hope Alan Cork and Eric Young aren't reading that on the official website, they'll be spitting blood and no mistake.

I'm a neutral fan and admire AFC Wimbledon for what they have achieved as a fan-created fan-owned fan-run club (again, that's the first line in their club charter, on their official website). They seem quite proud of making their own freaking club, let alone their own history.

So just to dismiss all of that to pretend AFC is nothing more than a continuation of the Sam Hamman club is frankly nonsensical and dismissive of that phenomenal achievement.

And do me a favour. If you ever introduce Vincent Jones or Fash to do an after-dinner speech please can you repeatedly refer to them as AFC Wimbledon players. Apparently they love that. Love it.

Edited by CB Fry

Those of us over a certain age are well aware of Wimbledon's history and that although they are not the same club there is a connection between the old and the new.

Like every club the old had its good points (small club punching above its weight,the fact that you could go for a pee at Plough Lane and still watch the game from the windows of the Portakabin loo, grievously upsetting Liverpool - hooray!) and its bad points (Fashanu's elbows, Jones's grip, Wise's niggles and punches) but this discussion started because the OP abused a reporter who was CORRECT and not the "ignorant tw*t" that he called him.