Davis Joins Rangers - Official

Lighthouse

I'm happy enough with a loan, rather than a sale (and who knows what the terms are re his wages?). 6½ years of fantastic service should be rewarded in this way, and not everything should be about making £1 or two.

Wishing him all the success with the rest of his footballing career and beyond.

Good luck Steven, and thanks for your efforts. A true gent and a credit to the club by all accounts.

But I'm a little miffed we don't get a fee for him AND we have to pay his wages until July. Might hinder our chances of making any signings this window.

I can't imagine we're paying 100% of his wages and anything saved has got to help. We don't get a fee because nobody is willing to pay it; it's either this or have him sit around here until June.

A really clever player, technically excellent and always fit and available until last year.

A big part of our success and seems a great bloke as well.

Good luck at Rangers.

Another leader lost from our dressing room.

When Rangers write that ‘they’d like to thank us for our cooperation’, is that in other word saying thanks for paying 80% of the wages?

Anyway, forget that. Steven, thank you fot a wonderful 6.5 years, served us eell and good luck at Rangers.

Good luck Steven, and thanks for your efforts. A true gent and a credit to the club by all accounts.

But I'm a little miffed we don't get a fee for him AND we have to pay his wages until July. Might hinder our chances of making any signings this window.

I can't believe anyone seriously thought we would get a fee for him. He is out of contract in June. We might possibly have got a small fee if the transfer had gone through last summer but doubt that even. Why do you think we are still paying 100% of his wages? Are you party to the details of the deal. Would be odd if that was the case. Don't understand the fixation some have with wages, there is no evidence that we are shipping players out to reduce wages, its purely and simply to free up squad places for new players, either being bought or promoted from the u23s.

Wonder what Verlaine and Derry will do now, no hate posts any more, that will be a bonus for the forum.

Good luck.

Go win the title with Rangers.

Might see him move v close to me as Rangers own a house v.close which Joey Barton previously stayed in and more recently Goldson.

Have a few at my golf course too.

See you soon Davis

Hi Glasgow Saint

Due to Rangers' restructuring, we got him for next to nothing. His value compared to the price has been immense!

Fair enough for him that we do not get in the way of a reconciliation move over pennies...

I can't believe anyone seriously thought we would get a fee for him. He is out of contract in June. We might possibly have got a small fee if the transfer had gone through last summer but doubt that even. Why do you think we are still paying 100% of his wages? Are you party to the details of the deal. Would be odd if that was the case. Don't understand the fixation some have with wages, there is no evidence that we are shipping players out to reduce wages, its purely and simply to free up squad places for new players, either being bought or promoted from the u23s.

Wonder what Verlaine and Derry will do now, no hate posts any more, that will be a bonus for the forum.

You really think we are letting players go just to free up squad space, with no financial impact at all? Do you follow Saints? Have you read any of the Krueger interviews where he talks about us being self-sustaining?

Superb signing, at his best under Adkins, Poch and RK he linked play brilliantly and always chipped in one or two great goals a season. Worth every penny of the fee and his wages, and a top bloke all round (including the time he sang Karaoke in The Jolly Farmer in Winchester dressed as Batman with his little boy and didn't take his mask off the entire time he was in the pub).

If we sign a player in replacement with 90% of his professionalism we'll be lucky

Only JWP left from the summer of our promotion now.

He was a great servant to us and an absolute bargain. All the best to him back at the club he left for us in the first place.

Yoshida was signed the summer after promotion too. If he stays for another 3 years he'll be due testimonial.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

We definitely miss leaders out on the pitch, need Hoijberg and Romeu to step up and fill that roll.

Move makes sense for both clubs, hope he gets to win the league with Rangers this season.

Would you prefer the Danish bacon or the Spanish jamon ??

:):):)

A great servant to the club over the last 6 years or so. An absolute top class professional who gave his all every time he pulled on the shirt.

I remember fondly him putting us 2-1 up against Man City away on our first match back in the Prem in 2012.

Cheers Davo, Good luck in all you do

Steve Davis knew his shortcomings but more importantly knew his best talents and used them to the full. Hard working as a player and a true leader on and off the park. He scored some important goals for us and always gave 100% leading by example.

I hope you enjoy your return home to Rangers and finish your career with a flourish.

Thank you for your time here Steve.

I never hated him, I just loathed how absurdly overrated he was by some fans. Far better players (Mane, Wanyama etc) would be pilloried for any mistake, while SD could float ineffectively through game after game and be hailed a genius for his ability to pop five yard passes back to our defence. Funny that.

So, what I'm trying to say is that my problem was really always with you, rather than with Davis.

Superb signing, at his best under Adkins, Poch and RK he linked play brilliantly and always chipped in one or two great goals a season. Worth every penny of the fee and his wages, and a top bloke all round (including the time he sang Karaoke in The Jolly Farmer in Winchester dressed as Batman with his little boy and didn't take his mask off the entire time he was in the pub).

How did you know it was him then? :?