Accrington Stanley (A)

Stud mark of doom

https://www.11v11.com/teams/southampton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Accrington%20Stanley/

according to this we have never played them.

time to make history boys.

have a feeling this'll be one of the TV ties IF we beat Derby, and frustratingly cannot even book travel because of this replay, and nor do we know what day we might end up playing if it ends up on TV.

but bring it on. excited!

https://www.11v11.com/teams/southampton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Accrington%20Stanley/

according to this we have never played them.

time to make history boys.

have a feeling this'll be one of the TV ties IF we beat Derby, and frustratingly cannot even book travel because of this replay, and nor do we know what day we might end up playing if it ends up on TV.

but bring it on. excited!

Could be on telly.

Arsenal v United is a cert

Maybe millwall v Everton too

Would blo0dy love it to get a trip up there, so rare we get to visit a new ground in the cup, especially with a terrace behind the goal, no doubt we'll lose the replay to Derby now.

If we get through loads will go to Accrington even if televised.

Didn't know (or had forgotten) about this link....

The club's rise to the Football League is attributed in part to the windfall of hundreds of thousands of pounds reaped by the sell-on clause in the December 2001 transfer of former Stanley star Brett Ormerod to Southampton, which paid Blackpool over a million pounds for his contract. Stanley had taken £50,000 from Blackpool in 1997, with the agreement that Blackpool would pay Accrington a quarter of what it might have received if it in turn transferred Ormerod to another team. The 2002–03 championship of the Northern Premier League followed quickly on Accrington's getting the cash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accrington_Stanley_F.C.

Cue the league or Cup debate all over again. We've got Everton only three days after the replay, which might go to extra time, so I doubt it'll be that strong a team.

But Derby have the same situation. I'd guess a weakish team with a strong bench if needed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Would they really give the away team 1,500 tickets for a 4th Round FA Cup game? That’s about 30% of their capacity!

It's a small town (35,000 population, a bit smaller than Fareham) and has Burnley one side and Blackburn the other, bith five miles away. Hence an absolutely tiny catchment area. They'll be able to spare 1,500 tickets.

I’m of the same mindset as many on here. First interesting draw in years, guaranteed we will get knocked out by Derby as a result :lol:

Would have thought there was a good chance of being on tv with this one. Although I don’t have BT and you can be sure that the BBC will give their left nut to capture the standout tie of the round ‘Manchester City - Burnley’....

I’m of the same mindset as many on here. First interesting draw in years, guaranteed we will get knocked out by Derby as a result :lol:

Would have thought there was a good chance of being on tv with this one. Although I don’t have BT and you can be sure that the BBC will give their left nut to capture the standout tie of the round ‘Manchester City - Burnley’....

I'd be hugely surprised if this wasn't on TV, irregardless of who goes through, my money would be on the early kick off on the Sunday. The BBC love a cup upset story but both them and BT will hold the "big" spots for the bigger clubs.

If, and lets be honest it's a very big if right now, we get through i can see this being a nightmare for travel, and probably a weekend away. As the trains don't seem to give you much room for a return and already pretty damn expensive.

there is but only on the Saturday so friday night or sunday game with not be effected

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-confirms-raft-of-new-strike-dates-on-northern-rail191218/

also worth noting if staying up hardly any hotels / guest houses in Accrington

Won't make any difference though. The general service from Northern Rail these days is so horrifically bad that you won't really notice if they are on strike or not.

It really is a cracking little ground. Went there a few years ago when they played Dagenham when we were playing Everton on the Sunday (I think). Stood on the away terrace with about 50 Dagenham fans in the rain. They spent most of the time watching a Saturday League game on a pitch just behind the stadium. Daggers fans then had a mass protest outside the away changing rooms, which you can pretty much stand right next to.

It would be a great day.

I'd be hugely surprised if this wasn't on TV, irregardless of who goes through, my money would be on the early kick off on the Sunday. The BBC love a cup upset story but both them and BT will hold the "big" spots for the bigger clubs.

If, and lets be honest it's a very big if right now, we get through i can see this being a nightmare for travel, and probably a weekend away. As the trains don't seem to give you much room for a return and already pretty damn expensive.

It won't be on BBC, they only have two live games, I think it's the first and third pick. So they'll go for Arsenal v Man Utd as the standout tie and then either Millwall v Everton orAFCW v West Ham.

BT will pick the Spurs game and probably the Chelsea game; the Man City game isn't that interesting really, so I'd expect our game to be picked.

You also have to factor in the new overseas TV deal so even if our game isn't chosen for TV in the UK, it could still be moved.

If we go through we will be on tv again for this (BT Sport).

As a result kick off has been moved to 12.30 on the Saturday :x

BT also have Wimbledon - West Ham that evening as a 7.45 kick off. Surely logistically it would be better to reverse those timings?

The ideal would obviously be a normal 3pm kick-off. But as its on TV you'll never satisfy anyone. I'm sure plenty would complain of no way of getting home easily if it was the late KO...