Accrington Stanley (A)

Stud mark of doom

Very early start....... if we beat derby of course.

Hoping to get a ticket so early start might put a few people off.

1 - i think we'll lose to Derby with our injuries and suspensions

2 - if we somehow get through i think the short notice and travel issues will mean it'll easily go to general sale

Going by train would have to get 6am from Southampton central and hope Northern Rail strike doesnt cause too many problems

F*cking joke, 12:30 kick off on a day that there's train strikes that've been planned for months.

F*ck BT sport and their complete lack of care for travelling fans.

We shouldn't be surprised, these ***** did this to us for Sunderland away in the FA Cup a few years back. And the league game too.

Add the Northern rail strikes that day, this is a right carve up for Saints fans (if we get through, etc.). And to rub it in they give 2 London clubs the evening kick-off. Tough gig that having to get all the way across the capital.

We shouldn't be surprised, these ***** did this to us for Sunderland away in the FA Cup a few years back. And the league game too.

Add the Northern rail strikes that day, this is a right carve up for Saints fans (if we get through, etc.). And to rub it in they give 2 London clubs the evening kick-off. Tough gig that having to get all the way across the capital.

Can't please everyone. Of cousre a 3pm KO would have been better, but if it's going to be televised then I imagine most people would be happier to wake up early to get there than they would be trying to get back to Southampton from darkest Lancashire at 9.45pm.

Can't please everyone. Of cousre a 3pm KO would have been better, but if it's going to be televised then I imagine most people would be happier to wake up early to get there than they would be trying to get back to Southampton from darkest Lancashire at 9.45pm.

nah balls to that, a day on the p*ss in lancashire and a good trip back down on the train in the evening is far better than a 6am start and barely being able to get to a pub before the game.

Except for the fact that there aren't any trains that could get you back, if we had the evening TV slot. Of course a 1500 Saturday ko was always going to be too much of an ask, even if we weren't on Live TV,

due staggered KO times for the International TV viewing :?

I'm sure there maybe better options if you searched, but a quick check shows dep Accrington 2337 and arr 1243 Sun or pay for B&B overnight.

He'll stay as long as he wants. It will have little to do with whether he is successful or not. He decides when the job is no longer interesting. Best case, end of next season if we are lucky.
Try again.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Anybody else thinking about staying in Blackburn on the Friday night?

I’m not expecting a large take-up here.....

Have looked at it as cheap option for hotels, although from memory of past visits not a great place for a night out. Handy for short few miles to Accrington.

I get the discussion and frustration about kick off time but won't care as long as we beat Derby, this will have all the ingredients for a classic cup away day. Old school Uncovered away terrace behind goal, difficult to get to, tiny ground, perfect.

Chatting to a mate who follows a league 2 club, said its a bleak place to visit this time of year, knowing our luck game would get postponed for a frozen pitch.

Personally if I go, I'll probably go up on the Friday and stay with a mate in Manchester, do a night out on Sat in Manchester and then back home Sunday. Timings are a real pain for this.

No easy way to get from Manchester to Accrington if train strike. I may end up driving.