Charlie Austin

LegalEagle

That is a joke punishment especially for a very British gesture that only the British are going to get not one person outside the UK is likely to be offended by that, middle finger is a bit more purposeful!

One match you could hold your hands up and say "fair Cop"!

Bet Les Reed sent a memo down the corridor "make sure you eff them up"

Edited by John Boy Saint

It's almost like there are different rules for different federations/competitions.

Yes I had a feeling someone might point that out... although I expected it to be MLG.

Is it consistent with any punishment handed out to players of the big clubs though? If so then fair enough.

(♪, ♩) I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the Manager (Parklife!)

I put my tracksuit on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving me house (Parklife!)

I give the oppo fans the V sign, I sometimes give our own fans the sign too, it gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing (Parklife!)

And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge I won't have to play the next two matches! (♪, ♩)

blur-920x584.jpg

Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.

As I said on the other thread a week or so ago, the number of fingers is taken into account by the FA. 1 match ban for a swivel, 2 for a v sign, I guess a fist would be 5. The Alli ban by the way was FIFA, so not really a big club thing. Just the old farts at the FA trying to be clever.

Alli’s gesture was supposedly aimed at a team mate (or at least they couldn’t prove otherwise) whereas Austin’s was aimed at the Man City fans. Probably why he got longer, that and the fact that one wa FIFA and the other the FA.

Anyway, why is all the focus on this and not the fact that Austin acted like a complete tit again? Is not as if this rule comes as a surprise to anyone, a bit like kicking goalkeepers in the head.

Alli’s gesture was supposedly aimed at a team mate (or at least they couldn’t prove otherwise) whereas Austin’s was aimed at the Man City fans. Probably why he got longer, that and the fact that one wa FIFA and the other the FA.

Anyway, why is all the focus on this and not the fact that Austin acted like a complete tit again? Is not as if this rule comes as a surprise to anyone, a bit like kicking goalkeepers in the head.

We've done the Austin was a tit bit now were doing the premier league is a tit bit !

Bans in consecutive years for brainless off the ball incidents, both times during a spell that he would have been vaguely useful.

This incident was just moronic - of course you will get a ban in this day and age.

Unprofessional player. Poor signing on big money, nowhere near fit enough for PL football.

Manager basically saying today that he isn't suited to the pressing game and he only really considers him a sub option.

At least he should be gone in the summer, and we won't miss him at all.

Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.

could have been worse...

On April 3, 2009, Scottish football players Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor were permanently banned from the Scottish national squad for showing the V sign while sitting on the bench during the game against Iceland.

Bans in consecutive years for brainless off the ball incidents, both times during a spell that he would have been vaguely useful.

This incident was just moronic - of course you will get a ban in this day and age.

Unprofessional player. Poor signing on big money, nowhere near fit enough for PL football.

Manager basically saying today that he isn't suited to the pressing game and he only really considers him a sub option.

At least he should be gone in the summer, and we won't miss him at all.

Where did he say that? It's what many of us have said for ages, nice that the manager sees things the same way.

Can the club use this as a precedent? Surely as some sort of disparity between punishments, or lack of in deeney case.

The FA are a rule unto themselves, and can make it up as they go along as they please, with no need to answer to anyone or explanation. With regard to appealing a case like this they have a nasty little Joker hidden up their sleeves to play should a club choose to have the temerity to challenge a disciplinary decision they have made. We could appeal but should that appeal fail, the FA can increase the ban by as much as they like as punishment for having the bloody cheek to question their decision.

Not sure if the decision was changed, but that Brighton lad who was sent off the other week with a double yellow, all due to mistaken identity by the Ref booking the player for an offence he hadn't committed. Everyone could see that the Ref booked the wrong player, the same evidence that the disciplinary panel would use in a case showed the ref had booked the wrong player. But Brighton were unable to appeal the decision and (unless common sense has prevailed since) the wrongly awarded yellow card can not be rescinded!!!! Regardless that it was Brighton the player still served his match ban for a double yellow!!. How does that work? The guy is innocent, but the FA rules can't be overruled, unless they choose to......... because the sun is out!

Where did he say that? It's what many of us have said for ages, nice that the manager sees things the same way.

Rough summary here:

Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.

Rough summary here:

Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.

Thanks - and Hallelujah!

Why is everyone moaning about the rules and the ban but not at Austin acting like a total plank again? Doesn't matter what anyone else got for similar. He did something that players have been banned for before and he knows we are in need of some goals atm. Stupid really. We can do with out these meaningless bans atm. Stupid red cards and stuff like this will cost us!

Rough summary here:

Ralph was surprisingly open like this on a number of players. He said Hoedt can go, he said Gabbi doesn't fit his style so he can go, he said Austin is an impact sub because he can't/doesn't high press all match but can finish, said basically he's going with Gunn and MCarthy (so Foster can go), likes Stephans, and others (I forget them all now).

Why is everyone moaning about the rules and the ban but not at Austin acting like a total plank again? Doesn't matter what anyone else got for similar. He did something that players have been banned for before and he knows we are in need of some goals atm. Stupid really. We can do with out these meaningless bans atm. Stupid red cards and stuff like this will cost us!

Right! We know the rules, wse know the punishments. For a lazy player the punishment is just a paid holiday

Rough summary here:

Good summary too. Listened to it last night & literally can't argue with a word he says.

Good summary too. Listened to it last night & literally can't argue with a word he says.

Very much enjoy his pressers, both as a fan and on a work basis. Have to listen to a fair few pressers and he's definitely near the top of the managers list in that regard (not quite at Neil Warnock level for that just yet :lol:) as you know you're going to get 2/3 really decent lines out of him. Probably the first since Koeman I'll actually sit and listen to the full conference as a fan too.

Very much enjoy his pressers, both as a fan and on a work basis. Have to listen to a fair few pressers and he's definitely near the top of the managers list in that regard (not quite at Neil Warnock level for that just yet :lol:) as you know you're going to get 2/3 really decent lines out of him. Probably the first since Koeman I'll actually sit and listen to the full conference as a fan too.

The Pellegrino & Puel ones really were a challenge :)

• 2 weeks later...
The Southampton striker Charlie Austin will leave the club this month with Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa among those interested in the player who wants regular game-time elsewhere.

The 29-year-old is understood to have come to an agreement with the club that he can leave for the right price having struggled recently to force his way into Ralph Hasenhuttl’s new-look team. Austin has started just twice in the league since Hasenhuttl took over in early December and the Austrian has tended to play a formation with just a single striker.

The club have rejected offers already for Austin that did not meet their valuation. However, the relationship with the player is such that they will not price him out of a move. Austin’s contract runs out in the summer of next year.

The club have already sent the striker Manolo Gabbiadini to Sampdoria on loan this month with an obligation for the Italians to buy in the summer. Cedric Soares will go on loan to Inter Milan with a view to a permanent move. Wesley Hoedt has already joined Celta Vigo on loan.

Wolves are eager to add to their attacking options this window and have looked at Austin with a view to a permanent deal. Stoke City strikers Benik Afobe and Saido Berahino have 13 goals between them this season and the Championship side are looking to invest in a proven goalscorer. Villa want to strengthen their forward line with Chelsea loan striker Tammy Abraham unlikely to stay beyond the summer.

The Turkish club Galatasaray have also inquired about Austin and would like to sign him to play in their Europa League campaign, starting with the round of 32 tie with Benfica. He signed for Southampton from Queens Park Rangers in the January window three years ago with six months left on his previous QPR deal and immediately scored the winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

His return at QPR in the 2014-2015 season was a solid 18 goals in 35 appearance for the relegated team and at Saints he has 16 in 59 league games.

The emergence of Nathan Redmond as a striker under Hasenhuttl, has also meant that Austin’s chances are likely to be limited. Hasenhuttl wants to give game time to 18-year-old Michael Obafemi along with established forwards Danny Ings and Shane Long.

Wolves have told Championship leaders Leeds United that winger Ivan Cavaleiro will not be leaving Molineux this month.

Cavaleiro, the £7m winger, is a target for Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa before Thursday's transfer deadline in a loan deal until the end of the season.

But Wolves are determined to keep the Portugal international in and around Nuno Espirito Santo's squad and have knocked back an inquiry from Leeds.

Cavaleiro, 25, missed the start of the season with a back injury and has been mainly utilised as an impact substitute by Nuno.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/25/charlie-austin-leave-southampton-month-wolves-aston-villa-interested/

Handy that Villa just free'd up 70k a week. Interesting to see if he can pass a medical.

Edited by SuperSAINT

The Telegraph are usually pretty good with Saints stuff so this seems to me like it's probably true.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. The Telegraph is very reliable.

Yeah. There's far too much detail in there for it not to be true. Priced low is smart, especially if they will take on ALL of his wages.