Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 97 of 97

Thread: Charlie Austin

  1. Default

    2 match ban

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    How the f*ck that warrants a two match ban is beyond me

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restark19 View Post
    How the f*ck that warrants a two match ban is beyond me
    What do you think it warrants?

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restark19 View Post
    How the f*ck that warrants a two match ban is beyond me
    Maybe he should have followed Denney's example and stuck up a finger on each hand... Would have got away with it then...

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...hment-11987988


    Last edited by trousers; 10-01-2019 at 07:51 PM.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    What do you think it warrants?
    Absolutely nothing.

  6. #56

    Default

    Thanks, Charlie - fighting relegation, no fit strikers, and now even our pub-footballer-fit strikers are unavailable, for such petty-minded idiocy.

    What a pro.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  7. #57

    Default

    Dele Alli banned for one game. Charlie Austin banned for 2 games.

    Vincent Kompany not sent off for 'scissor challenge'. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg sent off for 'scissor challenge'.

    It's almost like there are different rules for different clubs.

  8. Default

    Seems to be a real lack of consistency in the punishments handed out.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,388

    Default

    That is a joke punishment especially for a very British gesture that only the British are going to get not one person outside the UK is likely to be offended by that, middle finger is a bit more purposeful!
    One match you could hold your hands up and say "fair Cop"!


    Bet Les Reed sent a memo down the corridor "make sure you eff them up"
    Last edited by John Boy Saint; 10-01-2019 at 08:03 PM.

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Dele Alli banned for one game. Charlie Austin banned for 2 games.

    Vincent Kompany not sent off for 'scissor challenge'. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg sent off for 'scissor challenge'.

    It's almost like there are different rules for different clubs.
    You only just noticed??!!

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    I bet his mates on the building sites were well impressed though. Pikey.

  12. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Dele Alli banned for one game. Charlie Austin banned for 2 games.

    It's almost like there are different rules for different clubs.
    It's almost like there are different rules for different federations/competitions.

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    It's almost like there are different rules for different federations/competitions.
    Yes I had a feeling someone might point that out... although I expected it to be MLG.

    Is it consistent with any punishment handed out to players of the big clubs though? If so then fair enough.

  14. Default

    Absolute ****ing joke. the sooner we are out of this bent Premier League the better. sick of it

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    So Shane Long is our only fit and available striker for Saturday now then is he?

    Might as well just give Leicester the 3 points now.

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Liverpool/Winchester
    Posts
    1,363

    Default New Chant for Austin?

    (♪, ♩) I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the Manager (Parklife!)
    I put my tracksuit on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving me house (Parklife!)
    I give the oppo fans the V sign, I sometimes give our own fans the sign too, it gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing (Parklife!)
    And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge I won't have to play the next two matches! (♪, ♩)


  18. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.
    The Alli incident isn't relevant as it was at international level and under a different governing body.

    The Troy Deeney lack of punishment is more relevant.

  19. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,773

    Default

    I hope we are appealing

  20. #70

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,221
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.
    As I said on the other thread a week or so ago, the number of fingers is taken into account by the FA. 1 match ban for a swivel, 2 for a v sign, I guess a fist would be 5. The Alli ban by the way was FIFA, so not really a big club thing. Just the old farts at the FA trying to be clever.

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    I hope we are appealing
    We haven't been appealing to watch since 2016!

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,101

    Default

    Alli’s gesture was supposedly aimed at a team mate (or at least they couldn’t prove otherwise) whereas Austin’s was aimed at the Man City fans. Probably why he got longer, that and the fact that one wa FIFA and the other the FA.

    Anyway, why is all the focus on this and not the fact that Austin acted like a complete tit again? Is not as if this rule comes as a surprise to anyone, a bit like kicking goalkeepers in the head.

  23. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    6,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Alli’s gesture was supposedly aimed at a team mate (or at least they couldn’t prove otherwise) whereas Austin’s was aimed at the Man City fans. Probably why he got longer, that and the fact that one wa FIFA and the other the FA.

    Anyway, why is all the focus on this and not the fact that Austin acted like a complete tit again? Is not as if this rule comes as a surprise to anyone, a bit like kicking goalkeepers in the head.
    We've done the Austin was a tit bit now were doing the premier league is a tit bit !

  24. #74

    Default

    We have known for years that there is no such thing as a level playing field. From Fergie time to big club v little club bias it has always been there.

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Forever View Post
    We have known for years that there is no such thing as a level playing field. From Fergie time to big club v little club bias it has always been there.
    Watford arent a bigger club that us, Troy Deeney got away with 2x one fingered gesture without a ban.

  26. #76

    Default

    I accept that.

  27. #77

    Default

    But after Charlie spouting off like he did last month over disallowed goal the old gits probably felt he should be shown they can get even

  28. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Watford arent a bigger club that us, Troy Deeney got away with 2x one fingered gesture without a ban.
    Yeah this is what I alluded to not Alli.

  29. #79

    Default

    Surely if the club appealed the decision Austin would be available for Saturday. Obviously the appeal would be lost but it would delay the ban until we have some fit, or a new, striker ?

  30. #80

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Watford arent a bigger club that us, Troy Deeney got away with 2x one fingered gesture without a ban.
    Can the club use this as a precedent? Surely as some sort of disparity between punishments, or lack of in deeney case.

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SFC Forever View Post
    But after Charlie spouting off like he did last month over disallowed goal the old gits probably felt he should be shown they can get even
    Absolutely this

  32. #82

    Default

    Bans in consecutive years for brainless off the ball incidents, both times during a spell that he would have been vaguely useful.

    This incident was just moronic - of course you will get a ban in this day and age.

    Unprofessional player. Poor signing on big money, nowhere near fit enough for PL football.

    Manager basically saying today that he isn't suited to the pressing game and he only really considers him a sub option.

    At least he should be gone in the summer, and we won't miss him at all.

  33. #83

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sponsored by Heisenberg
    Posts
    21,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    of course you will get a ban in this day and age
    Troy Deeney didn't

  34. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Banned for two games Iím hearing.
    If true...itís ridiculous.
    Not available for Leicester or Derby.
    One game for each finger, I presume. Good job he didn't give them a two-handed four finger salute.

  35. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Absolute joke that ban. Dele Alli gets 1 match ban but Charlie gets two for the same thing! Big club bias all over.
    could have been worse...

    On April 3, 2009, Scottish football players Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor were permanently banned from the Scottish national squad for showing the V sign while sitting on the bench during the game against Iceland.

  36. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Bans in consecutive years for brainless off the ball incidents, both times during a spell that he would have been vaguely useful.

    This incident was just moronic - of course you will get a ban in this day and age.

    Unprofessional player. Poor signing on big money, nowhere near fit enough for PL football.

    Manager basically saying today that he isn't suited to the pressing game and he only really considers him a sub option.

    At least he should be gone in the summer, and we won't miss him at all.
    Where did he say that? It's what many of us have said for ages, nice that the manager sees things the same way.

  37. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Where did he say that? It's what many of us have said for ages, nice that the manager sees things the same way.
    https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-...uthampton-1819

    Mid way through.

  38. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Ash View Post
    Can the club use this as a precedent? Surely as some sort of disparity between punishments, or lack of in deeney case.
    The FA are a rule unto themselves, and can make it up as they go along as they please, with no need to answer to anyone or explanation. With regard to appealing a case like this they have a nasty little Joker hidden up their sleeves to play should a club choose to have the temerity to challenge a disciplinary decision they have made. We could appeal but should that appeal fail, the FA can increase the ban by as much as they like as punishment for having the bloody cheek to question their decision.

    Not sure if the decision was changed, but that Brighton lad who was sent off the other week with a double yellow, all due to mistaken identity by the Ref booking the player for an offence he hadn't committed. Everyone could see that the Ref booked the wrong player, the same evidence that the disciplinary panel would use in a case showed the ref had booked the wrong player. But Brighton were unable to appeal the decision and (unless common sense has prevailed since) the wrongly awarded yellow card can not be rescinded!!!! Regardless that it was Brighton the player still served his match ban for a double yellow!!. How does that work? The guy is innocent, but the FA rules can't be overruled, unless they choose to......... because the sun is out!

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    Where did he say that? It's what many of us have said for ages, nice that the manager sees things the same way.
    Rough summary here:

    Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.

  40. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Rough summary here:

    Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.
    Thanks - and Hallelujah!

  41. #91

    Default

    Why is everyone moaning about the rules and the ban but not at Austin acting like a total plank again? Doesn't matter what anyone else got for similar. He did something that players have been banned for before and he knows we are in need of some goals atm. Stupid really. We can do with out these meaningless bans atm. Stupid red cards and stuff like this will cost us!

  42. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Rough summary here:

    Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.
    Ralph was surprisingly open like this on a number of players. He said Hoedt can go, he said Gabbi doesn't fit his style so he can go, he said Austin is an impact sub because he can't/doesn't high press all match but can finish, said basically he's going with Gunn and MCarthy (so Foster can go), likes Stephans, and others (I forget them all now).

  43. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shance View Post
    Why is everyone moaning about the rules and the ban but not at Austin acting like a total plank again? Doesn't matter what anyone else got for similar. He did something that players have been banned for before and he knows we are in need of some goals atm. Stupid really. We can do with out these meaningless bans atm. Stupid red cards and stuff like this will cost us!
    Right! We know the rules, wse know the punishments. For a lazy player the punishment is just a paid holiday

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Rough summary here:

    Charlie has a fantastic finish. Sometimes he has problems with our high pressing and our intensive runs against the ball. If he has a chance though it is mainly a goal. For me it is a question when to put him on the pitch. If I put him in for 30 minutes he is fresh and he can put his pressure more on the game.
    Good summary too. Listened to it last night & literally can't argue with a word he says.

  45. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Good summary too. Listened to it last night & literally can't argue with a word he says.
    Very much enjoy his pressers, both as a fan and on a work basis. Have to listen to a fair few pressers and he's definitely near the top of the managers list in that regard (not quite at Neil Warnock level for that just yet ) as you know you're going to get 2/3 really decent lines out of him. Probably the first since Koeman I'll actually sit and listen to the full conference as a fan too.

  46. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Very much enjoy his pressers, both as a fan and on a work basis. Have to listen to a fair few pressers and he's definitely near the top of the managers list in that regard (not quite at Neil Warnock level for that just yet ) as you know you're going to get 2/3 really decent lines out of him. Probably the first since Koeman I'll actually sit and listen to the full conference as a fan too.
    The Pellegrino & Puel ones really were a challenge

  47. #97

    Default

    It's almost like we have a manager who understands players strengths within his system and plays to them. Fancy that... A long departure from Hughes picking his 11 favourite players

    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •