Charlie Austin

LegalEagle

I heard from a QPR season ticket holder within the last hour that they, QPR, have approached Saints looking to bring Austin in on loan until the end of the season. He doesn’t know any more than that.

Snap. It’s very possible. Austin and Gabbi are likely off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May very well have approached us, but whether we'd bite is another matter given our dearth of options up front. That said CA does seem off the pace especially for the game Ralph wants us to play.

Accepting Gabbiadini goes that would leave us with Ings (injuries permitting), Gallagher (largely untied), and Long, along with some untested youngsters, assuming no forwards are brought in.

May very well have approached us, but whether we'd bite is another matter given our dearth of options up front. That said CA does seem off the pace especially for the game Ralph wants us to play.

Accepting Gabbiadini goes that would leave us with Ings (injuries permitting), Gallagher (largely untied), and Long, along with some untested youngsters, assuming no forwards are brought in.

Guess we might need to Poul Sen transfers together.

I think Obafemi counts as a first teamer now? I’ll drive Austin there myself if they are paying his wages

I think Obafemi counts as a first teamer now? I’ll drive Austin there myself if they are paying his wages

Oh oh it’s so easy to write on a forum, “I’ll drive him there myself....”. So on the drive up the M3, Charlie asks, “So you’re driving me because you think I’m ****?”

No you wouldn’t!

I heard from a QPR season ticket holder within the last hour that they, QPR, have approached Saints looking to bring Austin in on loan until the end of the season. He doesn’t know any more than that.
A shame he's Cup-tied. Could have helped them deal with P*mpey.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh oh it’s so easy to write on a forum, “I’ll drive him there myself....”. So on the drive up the M3, Charlie asks, “So you’re driving me because you think I’m ****?”

No you wouldn’t!

He'd be in the boot.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The other players have been mocking him for his poor shooting. They have been likening him to the ex-Watford striker Odion Ighalo (random...) Presumably Ighalo's 1 goal in 18 season rather than his 15 in 37.

I don't think it would necessarily be a mistake to get rid of him, but I think it would be unless we were certain of getting someone else in.

Interestingly just been sent this

“QPR can only sign a free or loan at the moment and we can only spend the lesser of £600K pa salary/£11.5k pw or 75% of Sylla's wages which I'd be amazed if he was on more than £10k so £7.5Kpw. So unless Soton swallow a heap of salary its not likely”

So your itk that the other players are taking the **** out of Austin, and comparing him to a player no one's ever heard of?

This post really doesn't sound plausible to me.

I can just imagine the training ground banter - **** me austin, how'd you miss that one? You been watching too many of them Odion Ighalo videos again? Ahaha. Cor Austin's shooting sucks. Reminiscent of that Odion Ighalo really. You know Odion Ighalo. I'm referring to the season where he got 1 in 18 of course.

Pure bantz

On a serious note I did hear that a few of the chaps have been ganging up on Redmond and comparing him to little known and often forgotten Mido

So your itk that the other players are taking the **** out of Austin, and comparing him to a player no one's ever heard of?

I can just imagine the training ground banter - **** me austin, how'd you miss that one? You been watching too many of them Odion Ighalo videos again? Ahaha. Cor Austin's shooting sucks. Reminiscent of that Odion Ighalo really. You know Odion Ighalo. I'm referring to the season where he got 1 in 18 of course.

I’m guessing this unknown Odion Ighalo must be a different player than the one that scored 15 goals in the Premier League the season Watford got promoted? Because for a while that Odion Ighalo was getting a fair bit of press.

The other players have been mocking him for his poor shooting. They have been likening him to the ex-Watford striker Odion Ighalo (random...) Presumably Ighalo's 1 goal in 18 season rather than his 15 in 37.

I don't think it would necessarily be a mistake to get rid of him, but I think it would be unless we were certain of getting someone else in.

Hasn’t Ighalo been linked with us recently?

Pure bantz

On a serious note I did hear that a few of the chaps have been ganging up on Redmond and comparing him to little known and often forgotten Mido

Translation please anyone.

Pure bantz

Of course it’s not plausible. Most ITK garbage post on here is fake news.

I’m guessing this unknown Odion Ighalo must be a different player than the one that scored 15 goals in the Premier League the season Watford got promoted? Because for a while that Odion Ighalo was getting a fair bit of press.

Still a fairly obscure and unlikely player to compare someone to ****-takingly.

I was referring to post by mrfahaji, just a couple of posts earlier.

He said the other saints players were ridiculing Austin's shooting and comparing it to Ighalo's. So wierd and obviously made up that I had to pass comment on it. I hope that explains.

Even stranger we were actually linked with Ighalo recently. Suppose thats where fahaji got the idea

I was referring to post by mrfahaji, just a couple of posts earlier.

He said the other saints players were ridiculing Austin's shooting and comparing it to Ighalo's. So wierd and obviously made up that I had to pass comment on it. I hope that explains.

Even stranger we were actually linked with Ighalo recently. Suppose thats where fahaji got the idea

It's possible that the source of this could be making things up, but I'd say fairly unlikely. But I can assure you that I haven't made it up, that's why I said "random..." in my post. When I was told about it my assumption was that the name was wrong and I had to ask, "what, you mean the ex Watford striker?"

I didn't even know about this link - perhaps that's where the players heard it and why they were using him as a comparison. I too am sceptical of 'ITK' people, but this is a pretty trivial thing, it's not like I'm pretending to know who our next signing is going to be...

Edited by mrfahaji

Would be happy to see him and Gabbiadini go, as long as we bring in a new striker. Should have enough with the below.

NEW

Ings

Long

Gallagher

Obafemi

Agree, but the emphasis is on this player called "NEW". Don't think getting rid and leaving ourselves just with the other four is wise.

Agree, but the emphasis is on this player called "NEW". Don't think getting rid and leaving ourselves just with the other four is wise.

Yup - and we should only let them both go if we have someone else lined up before.

Can't imagine Ralph H would let the club weaken his squad losing those two without at least one replacement

I'd find it odd if we let Austin go without having replacements.

Odd also that all these proposed deals are loans, which to me doesn't seem to help with raising funds to buy, unless its more wages that is the issue not the cash for transfers.

I'd find it odd if we let Austin go without having replacements.

Odd also that all these proposed deals are loans, which to me doesn't seem to help with raising funds to buy, unless its more wages that is the issue not the cash for transfers.

I'm pretty sure it's wages it doesn't make sense to just keep buying new players and adding to the wage bill while paying all or some (for those on loan) wages of players contributing next to nothing to the club of which we have quite a few at the moment.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

No you wouldn’t!

brilliant Norm. Like that reply a lot.

It would be madness to let Austin AND Gabbi go! Surprisingly, Ralph seems to quite like Austin even though my money would have been on him preferring Gabbi.

yeah me too. Gabbi is quicker across the ground, offers better movement and no one has ever questioned his work rate since he was here. In the past he has run around chasing balls with no support. Under Ralf the support (press) is there, so he seems like a decent fit to me.

In terms of finishing, they are similar, but Austin gets into better areas more often, which is a genuine weakness in Gabbi's game. he just doesn't get `in there' enough. I think Gabbi has a much better first touch. The ball doesn't stick with Austin at all (certainyl this season anyway). Both offer little when the service is of an lofted variety.

I think the key difference is Gabbi's name and reputation is decent in Italy and thus he can still demand a fee. I get the impression he is also keen to go back to Italy. I think Austin has a reputation for having no knees and being injury prone. Whether that is founded or not I don't know. I don't think he has any desire to leave. You cant force a player out these days, thus Gabbi is the one out the door...maybe.

No you wouldn’t!

“No Charlie, I think you are a good finished who has made the most of his talents to forge a professional career. However, you don’t seem up to the physical demands of playing in a pressing team and seem to need have the team built around you to thrive. This coupled with your age and sizeable wages, mean in my opinion, it’s probably best you move on”

“No Charlie, I think you are a good finished who has made the most of his talents to forge a professional career. However, you don’t seem up to the physical demands of playing in a pressing team and seem to need have the team built around you to thrive. This coupled with your age and sizeable wages, mean in my opinion, it’s probably best you move on”

"and stop flicking v-signs at me."

Too many big words in there for Charlie to understand.