New director of football

davefizzy14

Being lazy, instead of googling can you summarise? Please

He worked with Puel at Nice and seems to have made a lot of money from players sales. Nice are a relatively small club, who've been mid-table in Ligue 1 for a few years. They've changed managers a few times under Fournier.

Some interesting player sales there including Nampalys Mendy, Neal Maupay, Jean Michaël Seri, Maxime Le Marchand, Saïd Benrahma, Alassane Plea,Jordan Amavi, Dalbert. The current Nice squad cost very little in transfer fees. It includes players like Balotelli and Wesley Sneijder brought in on free transfers as well as goalkeeper Mouez Hassen who was here on loan under Puel.

For a club in the business of selling players, he looks like a good choice. He could help ensure our hold on the net spend trophy for years to come.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ogc-nizza/alletransfers/verein/417

@GFFN: Breaking | OGC Nice President Jean-Pierre Rivère & Sporting Director Julien Fournier have informed employees that they will leave the club as soon as replacements are found for them. Huge loss - two of the smartest men in French football.

:suspicious: :suspicious:

:

@GFFN: Breaking | OGC Nice President Jean-Pierre Rivère & Sporting Director Julien Fournier have informed employees that they will leave the club as soon as replacements are found for them. Huge loss - two of the smartest men in French football.

suspicious: :suspicious:

Just read of Rivere (sorry can't add the accent):

Jean-Pierre Rivère is a French businessman and chairman of football club OGC Nice.[1] Born in Condom, Gers in 1957, he founded Nice Iselection, a realty software firm that was eventually acquired by Nexity. In 2011 he assumed the chairman's role.

So, we're linked with a bloke from Condom.

Okay, officially in wild starry eyed punt territory however humour me a little ...

As per the below Mislintat is linked with leaving as a role as technical director/DOF looks to no longer be in the cards for him. Which formerly progressive club known for spotting and developing young talent has a gaping hole to fill in the DOF position? I admit we may be well below his level but we have some plus points. Decent youth set up, previous record of developing young talent, a well thought of head coach intent on developing players and would give him plenty of scope to guide the club direction.

I'm sure there may be bigger and better opportunities out there for a man of his reputation but it could be a good fit all around.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/15/arsenal-head-recruitment-sven-mislintat-future

Okay, officially in wild starry eyed punt territory however humour me a little ...

As per the below Mislintat is linked with leaving as a role as technical director/DOF looks to no longer be in the cards for him. Which formerly progressive club known for spotting and developing young talent has a gaping hole to fill in the DOF position? I admit we may be well below his level but we have some plus points. Decent youth set up, previous record of developing young talent, a well thought of head coach intent on developing players and would give him plenty of scope to guide the club direction.

I'm sure there may be bigger and better opportunities out there for a man of his reputation but it could be a good fit all around.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/15/arsenal-head-recruitment-sven-mislintat-future

I wonder if RH knows Mislintat from his time in the Bundesliga?

It would be a helluva coup if Saints can pull off something major like this.

Would be superb, and if unlikely certainly not impossible.