Middlesbrough U23s vs Saints U23s

SaintJackoInHurworth

I was hoping to go to two Saints tickets in one weekend this weekend, but sadly I missed out on getting a Leicester ticket in time (any offers of a Leicester ticket would be welcomed!).

However, I am still going to the second game - Sunday's Academy match between Middlesbrough and Saints, which is being played in Bishop Auckland. It will be the first time I have ever been to see an academy match. Judging by Hassenhuttl's interview I may end up seeing Fraser Forster in goal and I am also wondering whether Ings and Bertrand may get run outs. Anyone any idea whether this may be likely?

Anyway, my main purpose in starting this thread is to ask some opinions from those who have been to away academy matches before...

* Will I need to buy a ticket in advance?

* Will there be segregation between home and away supporting fans? (NB I am going with a Middlesbrough-supporting friend)

* How partisan are supporters at these sort of games? In particular, will I be ok wearing a Saints scarf? (it is one of thsoe ones that has home colours on one side and away colours on the other side)

Any thoughts/comments/advice will be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

I can only advise in comparison to U23 games played at St Mary's because the public aren't allowed into the ones at Staplewood.

There's never segregation. You get the odd song but they rarely amount to much. Probably a crowd of a 200 considering it's not their actual home ground.

Can't see why you'd need a ticket in advance. Maybe check the Boro website for details.

Not sure Bertrand or Ings would travel all the way up there for an U23 game.