• Romeu
    • JWP
    • Long
    • Armstrong
    • Redmond
    • Cedric
    • Slattery
    • Gallagher

Vardy is past it? He’s literally their only threat. When he doesn’t play they are worse than they were today :lol:

He’d walk into our and pretty much any team outside the top 6 every day of the week

He was completely anonymous, he's not the same player he once was. They need a replacement for him.

Seemed like one of the longest second half’s I’ve ever witnessed, but great defending by whole team, Leicester rarely caused us any issues in the penalty area, most of their shots from outside the area, back three of Bednarek, Stephens and Vestergaard brilliant and all the rest of the team put a shift in, certainly didnt expect on way up to get home with team not only winning but moving up to 16th and point clear of relegation zone

He was completely anonymous, he's not the same player he once was. They need a replacement for him.

Messi would struggle in a Puel side....

I feel for Iheanacho too as Puel seems to have killed that kids confidence and possibly his career.. That boy was going places before Puel arrived. Looks horrendous now....

They were warned!!

Messi would struggle in a Puel side....

I feel for Iheanacho too as Puel seems to have killed that kids confidence and possibly his career.. That boy was going places before Puel arrived. Looks horrendous now....

They were warned!!

Madison is regressing too

What has happened to Demari Gray?

Madison is regressing too

What has happened to Demari Gray?

The fact he started with 3 CDMs against us (and Cardiff at home) tells you all you need to know.

They are lucky to have good owners as that incredible squad could be picked off very quickly as I'd imagine alot are very unhappy

And he has a good turn of pace too. So far he's been a very good bit of business. £ for £ probably our best bit of business of the summer.

Armstrong is quality and this is obvious to anybody with eyes. He got the ball into Long for the penalty, had a couple of decent tries himself, and his effort and linkup play with Redmond was pretty much the whole reason we looked so dangerous in the first half. Scoring him 4/10 is mental, 8 from me.

Armstrong is quality and this is obvious to anybody with eyes. He got the ball into Long for the penalty, had a couple of decent tries himself, and his effort and linkup play with Redmond was pretty much the whole reason we looked so dangerous in the first half. Scoring him 4/10 is mental, 8 from me.

But then Gallagher got 3 votes as MOTM for a whole 2 minute appearance so that tells you all you need to know abou polls and ratings.

Really wasn’t expecting anything from this game so to come away with 3 points, especially after playing with 10 men in the second half, was little short of miraculous!

But then Gallagher got 3 votes as MOTM for a whole 2 minute appearance so that tells you all you need to know abou polls and ratings.

Really wasn’t expecting anything from this game so to come away with 3 points, especially after playing with 10 men in the second half, was little short of miraculous!

Gallagher WAS SUPERB, didn't make a single mistake.

Anybody else surprised at just how quick Armstrong is? I didn't see that turn of pace coming.

Re. Valery. It was inexperience, and he'll learn from it. It's hard to begrudge him when he's so young, even if the stakes are so high. He looks a top prospect though and seems to be getting quite comfortable in the Premier League. He has a nonchalance and a confidence about him that I like, he doesn't seem very intimidated about making the step up.

I was annoyed at Valery yesterday but actually, it was quite refreshing to see one of our younger players have a bit about them rather then the usual teachers pet types we’ve had come through.

Agreed - so long as it's a bit more reigned in, he can be as assertive as he likes, giving someone the occasional whack won't hurt!

The goal we conceded was another cock up from McCarthy for me, why did he flop to the floor so early? The shot actually went in exactly where he was originally stood.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought that too. Ndidi basically miscontrolled the ball and Mccarthy just fell the other way. But you tend to get flamed on here if you criticise him.

I make that 3 games in a row where he has conceded goals which, arguably, he should have done better with.

The goal we conceded was another cock up from McCarthy for me, why did he flop to the floor so early? The shot actually went in exactly where he was originally stood.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Well it's a good thing he basically got an assist for the second goal then to even it out

Yeah I thought that too. Ndidi basically miscontrolled the ball and Mccarthy just fell the other way. But you tend to get flamed on here if you criticise him.

I make that 3 games in a row where he has conceded goals which, arguably, he should have done better with.

I wonder how many people who criticise our 'keepers have ever played at a reasonable levels in that position?

Criticising McCarthy for the Leicester goal is ridiculous.

He would undoubtedly have been expecting a clean strike from their player at a relatively point blank range.

As it was the player had an imperfect touch and it rebounded off his knee.

Same with Long's goal.

Their keeper did OK to get a touch.

Nine times out of ten it would have been enough to stop the shot at that angle.

Fortunately for us it diverted the attempt (which was probably going wide) into the net.

Vardy has said that Puel's style of play doesn't suit him. I know it's hard to imagine that Puel would stifle an attacking player, but...

It's really quite scary how a manager can single handedly destroy quality players like Vardy, Iheanacho and Gray. The damage Puel did to Koeman's team will never be forgotten, and he's repeating the job at the Walkers. And people wonder why Leicester fans want him out! :lol: Some football fans :facepalm:

Edited by niceandfriendly

I wonder how many people who criticise our 'keepers have ever played at a reasonable levels in that position?

He would undoubtedly have been expecting a clean strike from their player at a relatively point blank range.

Same with Long's goal.

Fortunately for us it diverted the attempt (which was probably going wide) into the net.

I played in goal at 5-a-side level for a number of years, and I don't recall ever diving to make a save without waiting to see which direction the ball was going, except when facing a penalty.

I fully appreciate that the 'fault' for the goal lies with the defenders who left Ndidi unmarked, and as soon as the ball came to him you expected him to score.

But McCarthy’s little sideways flop before he had even made contact was just odd. And it's not the first time recently his actions have been questionable either.

Luckily it didn't cost us any points yesterday.

I played in goal at 5-a-side level for a number of years, and I don't recall ever diving to make a save without waiting to see which direction the ball was going, except when facing a penalty..

Oh wow Bexy. You do seem v qualified

It's all in the eyes.... When I was a GK at school I wouldn't even look at the ball. Just look into the players eyes. I only conceded goals to kids with boss eyes

I played in goal at 5-a-side level for a number of years, and I don't recall ever diving to make a save without waiting to see which direction the ball was going, except when facing a penalty.

Might be part of the reason you on reached local 5 a side level?

I played at a similar level. I used to try and save them with my feet and didn’t used to dive at all as I couldn’t get down too quick. I’d also be happy to provide the benefit of my experiences to Alex, if he’s interested.

I fully appreciate that the 'fault' for the goal lies with the defenders who left Ndidi unmarked, and as soon as the ball came to him you expected him to score.

But McCarthy’s little sideways flop before he had even made contact was just odd. And it's not the first time recently his actions have been questionable either.

Yeah playing 5 aside down goals is the same as playing premier league football. Jesus, playing 5 aside is no where near even playing 11 a side. Sometimes as a keeper you have to read someone’s body shape and pre judge a dive, especially when they are practically one on one yards from the goal. (Something you don’t get in 5 aside that often). Have you heard the expression “give the keeper the eyes”? I’m sure you have, this is essentially what happened. Also he completely scuffed the shot and shinned it in.

Gunn wouldn’t have saved it. Just a ****e horrible goal. It happens.

People need to stop hating on Macca and Gunn, both fine keepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played at a similar level. I used to try and save them with my feet and didn’t used to dive at all as I couldn’t get down too quick. I’d also be happy to provide the benefit of my experiences to Alex, if he’s interested.

You did a good job coaching Fraser though.

:lol: **** me, had no idea you were an expert.

Same with Long's goal.

This.

This forum, Jesus.

Alright, fair enough everyone. It just looked a little odd on the face of it, and I'm sure Alex himself would tell you he is disappointed to have let it in.

A goalkeeper is always disappointed, even if a 30 yard screamer. Macca is a good keeper, makes the odd mistake like they all do.

What a great, backs to the wall performance that was. Ralph certainly knows how to get the best out of our players and he really has brought the fun back to supporting Saints. Bring on Derby and Leicester.

Meanwhile at Leicester:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/118104-puel-in-out-poll-120119/?page=6

Leicester forum is alot like this one 2 years ago. "Bored" "No clue" "tinkerman" "clown" "yawn" feature heavily on the foxes forum these days.

He is blowing it big time and destroying a pretty incredible squad at Leicester.

Surprised clubs aren't taking advantage and rescuing a couple....they have some fantastic players

Dwt6w3nXgAAqDXV?format=jpg&name=medium

It's nice to finally put a face to Heisenberg.

'..There was one Leicester supporter who actually began this game asking for Puel's removal. An elderly lady held up a piece of A4 paper with 'Puel Out' written on in felt tip, until a steward deemed it an item to confiscate..'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6584805/Leicester-1-2-Southampton-James-Ward-Prowse-Shane-Long-bag-visitors.html

Leicester forum is alot like this one 2 years ago. "Bored" "No clue" "tinkerman" "clown" "yawn" feature heavily on the foxes forum these days.

He is blowing it big time and destroying a pretty incredible squad at Leicester.

Surprised clubs aren't taking advantage and rescuing a couple....they have some fantastic players

If Puel gets the chop and doesn’t get another job in England, does it mean that you lot will stop harping on about him? Because that would be great.

Nice one pal.

Indeed

I would have been embarrassed to own up to this claim of fame.

Interesting listening to the Spurs v Utd commentary on the radio.

Lloris was criticised for the Utd goal.

Didnt see it so can't comment but Lloris has consistently been one of the top keepers in the Prem but now there is talk of Gazzaninga(?) being the better choice

Incredible squad is overstating it a bit. Man City have a incredible squad.