Saints vs Derby - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay Thread

SuperSAINT

He's a Forest fan but has lots of connections to Saints so supports us too. Sounds like it was someone else last night.

Last night the guy in the Forest shirt was definitely not the guy in Israel. The guy in Israel is a Forest fan who has connections with Colslaw/Tossa and traveled with them to the European games that season.

Was at the game and have only just watched the TV recording.

Agreed the disallowed VAR goal was very close, but can't understand why our penalty claim near the end of ET wasn't given. Slattery's foot was clearly kicked as he prepared to shoot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bit late to post on this now but wonder what people's view on the performance of Huddlestone in Derby's midfield on Weds night.

Looking at his rather portly physique and aware of his age, I thought he would be a peripheral player for them by-passed by our more energetic style of play.

However although he basically ambled around the pitch he hardly wasted a pass and made me realise that we dont have what used to be called a 'schemer' in our ranks.

Probably a 'schemer' is not the sort of player Ralph would want but it was good to see a player that can use the ball so well despite obvious limitations

Bit late to post on this now but wonder what people's view on the performance of Huddlestone in Derby's midfield on Weds night.

Looking at his rather portly physique and aware of his age, I thought he would be a peripheral player for them by-passed by our more energetic style of play.

However although he basically ambled around the pitch he hardly wasted a pass and made me realise that we dont have what used to be called a 'schemer' in our ranks.

Probably a 'schemer' is not the sort of player Ralph would want but it was good to see a player that can use the ball so well despite obvious limitations

Always been a very good ball player, sees a pass and can catch it sweetly if he shoots. Never seemed to make if at the very highest level but sort of reminds me of the role that Jan Molby used to do at Liverpool. Not a lot of sweat and energy, but lots of craft.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk