Saints vs Derby - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay Thread

SuperSAINT

Right can we now concentrate on playing our best team for the rest of the season and forget the myth that our youngsters are all that

Ramsay especially looks way way off being good enough. Slattery looks alright but not ready for Premier. Johnson same. Valery is doing quite well, needs to cut out the silliness. Obafemi can be useful right now for sure. Who else we got...

Meh. Annoying to blow a 2 goal lead yet again.

If that was our first choice team out there tonight that let that slip then I would be fuming, but considering it was an inexperienced, makeshift side then Ralph obviously wasn't too bothered about winning it.

Kudos to Derby though. Lamps has got them well organised and clearly has some tactical nous. They are a far more likeable team than the Derby that we lost out in the 2007 playoffs to.

Right can we now concentrate on playing our best team for the rest of the season and forget the myth that our youngsters are all that
The problem we have is players like long, elyounoussi, Armstrong and Cedric. Senior players that are simply godawful. Our purchases in recent years have been dire.

Elyounoussi, carillo, hoedt, clasie, boufal. That's about 70 million wasted right there.

And we are on the hook for a player that just cannot stay fit. Ings 20 million ffs!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

St Mary's just doesn't feel like a home ground. Not sure it ever did really.

Eurgh. Don't like this comment as it feels like it might be true.

How many leads have we given away at the Northam end over the years? Opposition fans celebrating with their players down in that corner... usually last 10 minutes. 1000 times? Feels like it.

Well that was worth knackering the team out for and handing Everton the points on Saturday.

Elyounoussi getting a fair bit of stick. I actually think that's the best he's played for us - and it was still garbage.

Game changer Redmond won and lost us that, ultimately. Made an attacking difference, scored a good goal, but messed up an absolute sitter for an extra time winner - before missing his penalty. Ah well.

If I never have to hear commentary from Danny Murphy again it'll be too soon. Not a shred of insight, wit or personality. Yuck.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Shame we switched off again after going up 2-0. At least the youth players got some game time and experience infront of the cameras. Our lack of strikers really showed today. We would have lead in that opening 20 minutes had we had Ings or Austin out there.

ps Some of the worst commentary I've ever heard there from Danny Murphy. No respect for either team.

Whilst Ralph will be disappointed with the way we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory, I'm sure he'll also be privately relieved that he can now fully concentrate on the league and get some decent prep time with the squad over the coming weeks to reinforce his philosophy. #pragmatism

Whilst Ralph will be disappointed with the way we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory, I'm sure he'll also be privately relieved that he can now fully concentrate on the league and get some decent prep time with the squad over the coming weeks to reinforce his philosophy. #pragmatism

Reckon so

Losing a two goal lead can happen but for it to happen twice is very unprofessional. Thought Redmond played well but for a professional football to completely miss the target from the penalty spot is poor.

Redmond played well, until he scored. After that he was greedy as **** and helped us lose this tie. The one on one, all he had to do was pass it, three Saints players free to tap it into an empty net but he lashed it straight at the keeper.

Just hope that and the penalty miss don't knock his confidence too much and he can quickly put it behind him and continue his good form in the league.

Shame we switched off again after going up 2-0. At least the youth players got some game time and experience infront of the cameras. Our lack of strikers really showed today. We would have lead in that opening 20 minutes had we had Ings or Austin out there.

ps Some of the worst commentary I've ever heard there from Danny Murphy. No respect for either team.

What do you expect from the Bin Dipper? He is out of his depth even on MOTD.

After the Lord Mayors Show comes the sh..cart. We gave away yet another two goal lead and this time paid the penalty. Perhaps now Ralph can really see the whole picture.

He can see that our second string team with 3 first teamers and a few kids is not good enough to beat a very good, well drilled and organised Championship team.

I doubt he is overly worried about that TBH.

True, still annoying though.