Seriously, how long do we expect to be able to hold on to Hasenhüttl ?

alpine_saint

My view is the same as when we had VvD and Toby. They're all way beyond our position and status so just enjoy their contribution while they are here and accept they will move on at some point. What a breath of fresh air Ralph has been. He's single-handedly lifted the cloud from SFC.

My view is the same as when we had VvD and Toby. They're all way beyond our position and status so just enjoy their contribution while they are here and accept they will move on at some point. What a breath of fresh air Ralph has been. He's single-handedly lifted the cloud from SFC.

Agreed.

(& to answer the question, a season & a half if we're lucky).

I don't think he's done that much to warrant any PL interest yet. Beating Arsenal was good other results and performances have been gritty hardworking displays but hardly fantastic football. I really like him and reckon he is doing a good job but I doubt he is suddenly going to be awash with better job offers of off the back of a couple of wins and a draw against Chelsea.

I don't think he's done that much to warrant any PL interest yet. Beating Arsenal was good other results and performances have been gritty hardworking displays but hardly fantastic football. I really like him and reckon he is doing a good job but I doubt he is suddenly going to be awash with better job offers of off the back of a couple of wins and a draw against Chelsea.

Totally agree.

When we stay up, and watching the game yesterday was enough to make me think we will, I'm really looking forward to the pre-season this year and what Ralph will do.

A stonking pre-season, and hitting the ground running, will have the UK press all over him and he'll be off in two years or less like Poch but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

2 months

Seriously?!?

Behave..!!!

RH has so much to learn still and would probably look at moving up another level in the summer of 2020.

Saints will cash in for compensation and use it to lure someone else.

IMHO they will find another gem as Les Reed is no longer associated with the club.

2021 my opinion. God that year sounds like it should be far away yet its just 2 years away.

He’ll see out his contract here and we won’t have Reed like cr*p where we didn’t want Koeman to see his contract- we tried being way too clever there.

Pochettino’s future isn’t certain either yet their players don’t seem to be hampered by that this season.

And on a side note, Alpine comes back here after a long time, and the negative vibes are back :lol:

Enjoy the bloke whilst he is here, if he or any of our top players wre prised away we should be proud of them and happy thay theyve been successful for us (unless they really throw their toys out the pram)

Bit premature , remember Swansea thought they’d got a good one when they got Carvalhal in. IF we continue to progress then it is a question that can be asked.

I’d say it depends how next season goes. Can’t really see him leaving in the summer, but a good season next and he’ll be gone. Personally, I’m just going to enjoy him whilst he’s here and hope we replace properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs and Everton seem the obvious (domestic) threats. Not just because we lost Poch and Koeman to them, but because they represent an achievable "step up" for a Saints manager. I would think it unlikely that, say, Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool would recruit a Saints manager as their next job.

Spurs and Everton seem the obvious (domestic) threats. Not just because we lost Poch and Koeman to them, but because they represent an achievable "step up" for a Saints manager. I would think it unlikely that, say, Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool would recruit a Saints manager as their next job.

do you not think Howe, Benitez and the wolves manager will be higher up the pecking order?

If our owners dont support him the market, some determined other PL club will prise him away this summer.

Hes too good for this squad.

He'll only go to a richer club if he does a great job for us... so Saints will benefit. Cheer up ffs!

Better to have great managers for 1 or 2 years (Pochettino and Koeman) than plod along with mediocre managers (Puel) or regulary sack **** ones (Pellegrino and Hughes).

Edited by Matthew Le God

do you not think Howe, Benitez and the wolves manager will be higher up the pecking order?

Possibly. I'm not saying it's certain that good Saints managers will end up at Spurs or Everton - just that they are the most obvious threats when it comes to poaching our managers.

Bigger clubs probably not interested (namely, Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea) and any other English clubs aren't obviously a step up from being at Saints.

Yes the big clubs will come sniffing but not yet and this guy wants to build a team playing his style, that will take a while and when he has done it he may want to stay--like Poch at Spurs -- and enjoy the result, hope so. My feeling is that he is not the type who wants enndless money thrown to buy top players (Mourino type) he likes moulding what he's got and improving them, therefore if the club hasn't got 100million every summer, he may not be too bothered--unlike Koeman

2-3 seasons if he does a good job, maybe longer if he creates something special and wants to continue the project. He seems that sort of manager, seems to be loving the place already and really connecting with the fans so who knows.

I mean he wanted to stay at Leipzig, despite being linked with Bayern, it was them not committing to him that actually made him leave as he had a year on his contract left and wanted to extend it but Leipzig were luke warm.

I reckon if he does a good job and the board backs him, not with crazy money but decent money and they want to really keep him he might stay long term, seems to have that sort of character.

He's an ambitious guy so May 2020 is my guess but it won't be the end of the world as there'll always be another up and coming manager behind him.

We profited very well when we were seen as a progressive stepping stone club that was happy to introduce and let go of bright talent like Poch. I'm hoping that with the appointment of Ralph that the club is moving back to that kind of model rather than the get a'manger at our level' mindset (Hughes??). We need to be attractive to talent and that means we're OK to let them pass through.

Give me 1-2 seasons of Ralph over 5-6 of an average Joe any day.

My sources are telling me that come the end of the season, Poch to United, Ralf to spurs. Not looking good.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That's ruined my day.

Let's hope Spurs can at least spell Hasenhuttl's first name correctly, right?

Given you can't, I feel sure he will appreciate moving to a fan base that gives a toss.