Seriously, how long do we expect to be able to hold on to Hasenhüttl ?

alpine_saint

Say if we establish that he wants to leave the end of next season. Why don't clubs prempt this and hire a understudy with a similar football philosophy for the remainder of the managers contract.

Wouldn't this make sense? And make the whole transition to a new guy much more quicker and smoother.

That's ruined my day.

Let's hope Spurs can at least spell Hasenhuttl's first name correctly, right?

Given you can't, I feel sure he will appreciate moving to a fan base that gives a toss.

Sorry teacher, I'll stay after school tonight and do detention.

If our owners dont support him the market, some determined other PL club will prise him away this summer.

Hes too good for this squad.

Sorry, not looking to have a dig at you but to spin a negative on our new found optimism says a lot about you as a person. :mcinnes:

There is no doubt that Ralph's stock will rise and he will attract attention particularly if he continues his upward trajectory at Saints. Why not just see it for what it is, enjoy his management whilst he is here and jump on board for a fantastic ride.

He's an ambitious guy so May 2020 is my guess but it won't be the end of the world as there'll always be another up and coming manager behind him.

We profited very well when we were seen as a progressive stepping stone club that was happy to introduce and let go of bright talent like Poch. I'm hoping that with the appointment of Ralph that the club is moving back to that kind of model rather than the get a'manger at our level' mindset (Hughes??). We need to be attractive to talent and that means we're OK to let them pass through.

Give me 1-2 seasons of Ralph over 5-6 of an average Joe any day.

Crikey I thought the consensus was that the stepping stone club experiment had failed?

We have just struggled to find a manager and have had three nightmares in a row so where is the next up and coming manager magically appearing from?

This thread is just a consequence of the stepping stone policy where fans now think we have no value as a club and can't offer any long term ambition for any manager or player.

I hope Ralph might buck the trend, get a reasonable team together over a few years and, when he does move on, leave a sound footing for the next manager to build on.

Whilst Ralph's tenure so far has been encouraging a lot is being assumed with this question.

The increased fitness and performances of the players, the introduction of younger squad members has been a refreshing change from the festering mess left by Mope and Hughes. Whether it will be enough for the progress we all hope for remains to be seen. I would hope he stays another season at least regardless of this one, the club need a little (relative) stability in the hot seat from a manager with a clear vision.