F1 Online Management Game

mrfahaji

Thought I'd post here in case anyone was interested. I don't have enough time for games which require hours on end of gameplay just to get into the story, but a year or two ago I stumbled across this online game and have been playing it ever since.

http://www.gpro.net/?id=16B43F5391E5

It's an F1 management game - it's definitely not about graphics - and there are two races per week (Tuesday & Friday evenings). You can spend ages on analysis if you like, but each race takes between 15 minutes and an hour to prepare for, so it's not a huge time drain unless you want it to be.

The game is difficult, so won't appeal to those who expect to turn up and start winning after a few weeks. It's generally accepted that you 'find things out by yourself' (although there are FAQs, Newbie guides, Mentors, Forums etc to help) and this can take time. But it also means there is a lot of satisfaction when things do work out!

Oh, and the other thing - the game is genuinely free to play! You can make 'supporter' donations and in return gets access to features, but they are not features which increase your chances of winning. I am in my 8th season and haven't made any contribution.

I'm not sure there will be any interest, but perhaps a few people enjoy the same kind of things as me (football manager, f1, board games, excel...) and would love it. Reply here or send me a PM (or sign up and message me on GPRO itself!) if you have any more questions - I don't want to make this post too long!

The game is difficult, so won't appeal to those who expect to turn up and start winning after a few weeks. It's generally accepted that you 'find things out by yourself' (although there are FAQs, Newbie guides, Mentors, Forums etc to help) and this can take time. But it also means there is a lot of satisfaction when things do work out!

Oh, and the other thing - the game is genuinely free to play! You can make 'supporter' donations and in return gets access to features, but they are not features which increase your chances of winning. I am in my 8th season and haven't made any contribution.

I'm not sure there will be any interest, but perhaps a few people enjoy the same kind of things as me (football manager, f1, board games, excel...) and would love it. Reply here or send me a PM (or sign up and message me on GPRO itself!) if you have any more questions - I don't want to make this post too long!

Hey!

Thanks for posting. I’ve checked the site and the game looks interesting. Managements games are not for all, but still there’re people who would be interest in, like me.

I’m a fan of football managers (especially old versions like 2012), so any game difficulties don’t scare me. :smug:

Just wonder.. How long did it take you to get first results? Are there any team clubs? Is it possible to help each other there?

Looking for your answers.

Hey!

Thanks for posting. I’ve checked the site and the game looks interesting. Managements games are not for all, but still there’re people who would be interest in, like me.

I’m a fan of football managers (especially old versions like 2012), so any game difficulties don’t scare me. :smug:

Just wonder.. How long did it take you to get first results? Are there any team clubs? Is it possible to help each other there?

Looking for your answers.

Hey - did you sign up? I normally get notified but only if you use the link. Have had 3 sign ups from Saintsweb so am pleasantly surprised!

I managed to score points in my very first race, but it depends what group you land in. Rookie groups are more competitive than they were when I joined but in general if you get your race strategy about right, that's normally enough to score points or even podiums in Rookie.

There are teams that you can join (through application, but there are always teams looking), and it's probably the best way to learn/improve. I definitely wouldn't jump into one straight away though. I did things alone for just over a season and eventually felt I needed a team to take my understanding to the next level. My friend joined the same team but he plays GPRO a bit more casually than I do and he's commented to me that he doesn't really like being in a team that much!

Re helping each other - not in the sense of being able to trade resources within the game, and they have ways of tracking people who set up double accounts, but definitely in regard to messages, advice etc. One of the reasons I didn't join a team for ages was that I was able to find a lot of stuff out just by searching the forums (or google!). Most people on the forums are looking to help people out, especially those new to the game, and if you sign up I'll send you a message just in case you have any burning questions! There is also a mentor scheme, which I joined almost straight away. Looking back, my mentor wasn't actually that good at the game and didn't necessarily give the best advice, but he was really helpful for that initial few races.