Last time we scored playing with 10 men?

Pilchards

First game that popped into my head was v Newcastle last game of the season 2002 - Tahar El Khalej wiped out that odious weasel Kieron Dyer and got sent off. The game was at 2-1 and had been pretty tame, we only had to hang on for about 30 minutes against a Newcastle team that was pretty tasty under Bobby Robson. Fired up after Dyer had gone off they set about us, last few minutes of the game we got the ball and the fittest Saints player on the pitch Paul Telfer was Off up the pitch no one could catch him and he chipped a delightful ball over Shay Given for 3-1.

I only remember it because the sun was shining, I had a free ticket, and the pitch had been rollered in such a way that from the upper rows of the Chapel, through sunglasses the roller pattern created an optical illusion that made it look like there was a bloody great big dip right across the middle of the pitch!

.........sad, I know!

Wow .... you can see that the feel good factor is back as nobody has put ...... " when (insert name of favourite whipping boy) is in the team as he contributes the square root of eff all to the team" :lol:

It’s no surprise when we have been subjected to the wishy washy dross we have been dished up pretty much since the EFL Final.

Beat an unbeaten Arsenal, go to Huddersfield and get a result that wasn’t scraping a win. No one got too down v WH or City, get a battling 0-0 (!) draw v Chelsea. Then Saturday Long wins a penalty, which is a shock in itself, for 1-0, the nipper gets sent off, minutes later Shane Long has made it 2-0!! I was watching on the iPad, Mrs JBS had stuck on Soccer Saturday so the 40 second spoiler was on in earshot. Wait what’s that Charlie Nicholas just said, 2-0 Saints and Shane Long has scored!! I can’t have been alone in uttering WTF!! Or similar wherever folks were listening or watching. Hang on we’re Southampton we don’t do such mind bending nonsense like this!