Meet the Ralphs event - Thursday

georgeismyname

Weren't we 'promised' three fully fledged fan forums this season by Mr Kruger? This one sounds more informal and smaller than the usual forum (audience of 100 compared to usual 400 and doesn't seem to being covered live on BBC Radio Solent, for example).

Hey ho... better than nowt I guess.

I just found out from a friend who works for a company who design stadium hospitality 'services' (I.e. they recently redesigned all the new restaurants, lounges, boxes at the Etihad) that Saints were tendering for a big ticket revamp of hospitality at St Mary's . However, post the Hughes departure we've cancelled the RfP - and it's commonly understood this is becuase the budget for it walked out the door with Hughes.

Not that surprising, but frustrates me that so much of our budget (be it for players, infrastructure etc) exits the club when poorly recruited managers, players and coaches do. If we have ambitions to really compete (on the pitch, the hospitality can come later) we just cannot be as wasteful as we have been over the last 2-3 years. The club directors have regularly spoken about due dilligence of signings and Managers but I simply don't buy it - Carillo being to most obvious evidence to the contrary.

Anway, thought this snippet might be of interest to some on here - especially with Ralph K set to no doubt bring up the 'successful commercial development' of the club at the meeting on Thursday.

I just found out from a friend who works for a company who design stadium hospitality 'services' (I.e. they recently redesigned all the new restaurants, lounges, boxes at the Etihad) that Saints were tendering for a big ticket revamp of hospitality at St Mary's . However, post the Hughes departure we've cancelled the RfP - and it's commonly understood this is becuase the budget for it walked out the door with Hughes.

Not that surprising, but frustrates me that so much of our budget (be it for players, infrastructure etc) exits the club when poorly recruited managers, players and coaches do. If we have ambitions to really compete (on the pitch, the hospitality can come later) we just cannot be as wasteful as we have been over the last 2-3 years. The club directors have regularly spoken about due dilligence of signings and Managers but I simply don't buy it - Carillo being to most obvious evidence to the contrary.

Anway, thought this snippet might be of interest to some on here - especially with Ralph K set to no doubt bring up the 'successful commercial development' of the club at the meeting on Thursday.

Yes, an interesting snippet. Cheers.

Ties in with that ridiculous poor taste survey they sent a few months ago about matchday experience and paying more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dont have a problem with the club looking at hospitality but it must be low down the priority well below trying to give fans the opportunity to watch a decent game of football at SMS which has been denied us since Koemans departure.

The original 47 hospitality boxes have now been reduced to 43 and it seems only a handful are taken by fee payers -at approx £40k a pop who would see the value in this?

Apparently Wesley Hoedt did as his name is on one of the boxes (along with one next door) taken up by Charlie Austin

Gone are the days when Saints would earn over £2m a year from hospitality

Enjoyable evening. Free bar and nibbles.

Highlights

Some injuries due to new style of play. Obafemi doesn't look after himself. Needs to be more professional.

Some targets in mind for this window but they have to be for the long term.

Summer will see overhaul of squad to get us back to where we were ie Europe

PEH on radar of elite clubs in Europe due to his development. That is the model we are reverting back towards. Buy cheap, develop into top players who end up at elite clubs.

Ralph H likes Slattery. Thinks he most advanced in his development. Likes Valery but needs to improve heading. Obafemi another rough diamond.

Ralph K and Toby Steele reiterated about owner allowing all money made by club on transfers and operations to go back into playing squad. No money being taken out by Gao.

South car park to become fan zone on match days subject to council approval. Maybe in Spring or start of next season.

Long term vision is to use old gas works site to be a fan village/zone. Council keen for site to benefit club rather than Sell to property developers. 3-5 years away from happening.

Due diligence on Gao was done by external agency not club directly.

Club actively exploring ways to move away fans as they acknowledge it gives away team advantage by increased atmosphere for away team. All subject to police and council approval.

Ralph H says we are better defensively with 5 at back but not effective in attack as no pressure up top of field. Whereas more effective going forward with a back 4 but not organised enough in defence. Lack quality in one on one situations when defending plus no fire fighter in front of back 4 to protect them.

On the whole positive outlook I think. Seems to be good synergy between both Ralph's but I guess he hasn't had a complete transfer window with club yet so time will tell.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Highlights

Some injuries due to new style of play. Obafemi doesn't look after himself. Needs to be more professional.

PEH on radar of elite clubs in Europe due to his development. That is the model we are reverting back towards. Buy cheap, develop into top players who end up at elite clubs.

Ralph H likes Slattery. Thinks he most advanced in his development. Likes Valery but needs to improve heading. Obafemi another rough diamond.

Ralph K and Toby Steele reiterated about owner allowing all money made by club on transfers and operations to go back into playing squad. No money being taken out by Gao.

South car park to become fan zone on match days subject to council approval. Maybe in Spring or start of next season.

Long term vision is to use old gas works site to be a fan village/zone. Council keen for site to benefit club rather than Sell to property developers. 3-5 years away from happening.

Club actively exploring ways to move away fans as they acknowledge it gives away team advantage by increased atmosphere for away team. All subject to police and council approval.

Ralph H says we are better defensively with 5 at back but not effective in attack as no pressure up top of field. Whereas more effective going forward with a back 4 but not organised enough in defence. Lack quality in one on one situations when defending plus no fire fighter in front of back 4 to protect them.

On the whole positive outlook I think. Seems to be good synergy between both Ralph's but I guess he hasn't had a complete transfer window with club yet so time will tell.

Appreciate the review, mate. Thanks for writing it up.

Highlights

Appreciated!

Highlights

Isn't this massive news for MLG?

Highlights

Thanks for this. I like Ralph H even more. Comes across as a straight-talker who doesn’t patronise fans with clichés but offers just enough detail to keep us all happy.

Highlights

Was that you sat at the long table at the back of the room with a notepad?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hardly a glowing indictment of Romeu!

Not sure indictment means what you think it means!

But agreed with Bateman above. He's good and tidy but he does make some very costly mistakes, gives away needless fouls and can definitely be improved upon.

Especially if, as seems to be stated in the summary (by Ralph H? or Ralph K?) that the ambition is to return to the top eight spots.

Highlights

does that mean we are open to selling hojbjerg to a elite club ?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

It all sounds good, but some of this should have happened ages ago. I said in the summer Puel left that the squad needed a mass overhaul. Fan village sounds like a good idea, I know some won't like this but if it helps attract new supporters then it's all good. Also good that the city council appear to be actively working in support of the club.

I have no issue with Hojbjerg leaving (as long as we replace him well) and it'll happen eventually, but I'd rather we didn't sell to clubs in this country.

Not sure indictment means what you think it means!

But agreed with Bateman above. He's good and tidy but he does make some very costly mistakes, gives away needless fouls and can definitely be improved upon.

Especially if, as seems to be stated in the summary (by Ralph H? or Ralph K?) that the ambition is to return to the top eight spots.

Meant endorsement... :mcinnes: Long day!

No one picking up on that comment about Obafemi? Would expect an 18 year old being brought into the first team ranks to be desperate to do everything to get an edge and stay fit as it may define his career! Be interesting to know in what way he doesn't look after himself.

Of course they are. Only way we'll be able to do any summer business is if we sell a few.

trouble is thats what got us into the mess we are in now, sell the best players and the Poundland replacements don't come off, we were never gonna keep striking gold with the mane's and van dijks we bought cheap when replacing lovren and lallana etc..

I just found out from a friend who works for a company who design stadium hospitality 'services' (I.e. they recently redesigned all the new restaurants' date=' lounges, boxes at the Etihad) that Saints were tendering for a big ticket revamp of hospitality at St Mary's . However, post the Hughes departure we've cancelled the RfP - and it's commonly understood this is [b']becuase the budget for it walked out the door with Hughes.[/b] .

Not saying your friend is mistaken, but I can't see them allocating funds that will be in a 'Risk Pot' to other things. In business you have to have these contingencies in place, otherwise when they happen it impacts you hughly. That is why we have car and house insurance.

I do agree though that it would be nice if we didn't have to keep chucking around these paydays. If I don't perform and the company want rid, as long as they follow the Employment act, I am out the door WITHOUT a pay day, and so are most of you. Money we could, as suggested above, be put to better use.

No one picking up on that comment about Obafemi? Would expect an 18 year old being brought into the first team ranks to be desperate to do everything to get an edge and stay fit as it may define his career! Be interesting to know in what way he doesn't look after himself.

He looks a little over weight to me