Saints v Everton Build-up

trousers

Yes I would, can’t believe he’s been out 5hus length off time with a stomach problem.....

It’s also been described as an abdominal injury. I assumed it was some kind of abdominal strain rather than a stomach problem. Hasenhüttl keeps on referring to it as a stomach issue in his pressers but I’ve been putting that down to English being his second language.

It’s also been described as an abdominal injury. I assumed it was some kind of abdominal strain rather than a stomach problem. Hasenhüttl keeps on referring to it as a stomach issue in his pressers but I’ve been putting that down to English being his second language.

The club seem to be very vague about his injury and what is exactly the issue is with his stomach.

Which leads too questions than answers!

The club seem to be very vague about his injury and what is exactly the issue is with his stomach.

Probably one of them stomach issues that'll go after the window closes, or before if he gets a move.

Perhaps he's trying to force a move and is refusing to play, wouldn't surprise me. Although no idea who would want to buy him, had such a strange career with us, missed lots of games.

Loads of tickets left for this game still, our shocking home form must put a lot of fans off fed up turning up time and time again for more disappointment (usually .made worse with false hope after weve taken the lead)

McCarthy

Valery, Stephens, Bednarek, Vest, Targett

Romeu, Hoj

Armstrong Ings Redmond

Agreed. Think the only possible changes are Bertrand for Targett if fit, and jwp for Romeu depending on who's less knackered from Wednesday.

Bench will I think be gunn, ramsay, Bertrand, jwp, long, Austin and an other (I'd guess slattery or Johnson, an attacking midfielder/winger and surely can't be elyounoussi?). If bertrands not fit for bench it will be Cedric, and if longs knock is a problem, Gallagher.

McCarthy

Valery, Stephens, Bednarek, Vest, Targett

Romeu, Hoj

Armstrong Ings Redmond

That looks like the likely team, aside as said above depending on how knackered Romeu is, though the likely replacement is JWP is probably equally as knackered.

Whilst not having Lemina or Bertrand is a blow, Ings is the key one IMO, he's the best striker we have by far and probably one of the best strikers in the bottom half of the league, him staying fit is going to be key.

His pressing and movement against an Everton team that likes to play out from the back is a key battle. Also how we handle Richarlison, though he seems to have done what he did last year for Watford start well and then go off the boil, maybe he doesn't like the cold.

Not convinced by back 5 home to Everton. When you get at them they have been fragile this season.

Think we need that extra attacker this game. Even if it's JWP on the right. Just another body up there so it's not Redmond and Ings isolated.

With our defence we certainly need to play three at the back every time we go to a four we leak goals badly.

We've done alright playing 3-4-3 so I wouldn't change it I think it's the ideal system for us at the moment. It would work even better if we could get some proper pace in the wingback postions.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My main concern about tomorrow is how long can Richarlson get away with his 'swinging elbow' tackles. Perhaps Armstrong(no pun intended) can sort him out early.

It will be nice to see our strengthened team do the business on the Toffees again.

agreed. watch Everton play Richarlison at left mid to try and wind Valery up.

Not convinced by back 5 home to Everton. When you get at them they have been fragile this season.

Think we need that extra attacker this game. Even if it's JWP on the right. Just another body up there so it's not Redmond and Ings isolated.

Stephens is awful in a back 4 and so is Vestergaard. We should play the 3421 that's worked well for us with Armstrong and Redmond behind Ings.

Don't view it as a back 5 then! ;)

Hasenhuttl calls the formation he normally uses for us a 3-4-3. He appears to favour a front three of Armstrong, Ings and Redmond.

I wonder if Ralph will drop Armstrong in favour of JWP in that position with PEH and Romeu at CM? Armstrong was very poor the other night goal aside. Maybe not quite over ankle injury?

Choice of Stephens or Vestergaard to partner Bednarek is tricky as both of a lot of weaknesses but in different areas.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Two top managers coming head to head.

Everton play some tidy football and turned over AFCB last week with reletive ease.

Destroyed Burnley on the road too so shouldn't be underestimated.

A painful 1-2 I think

You obviously didn't watch that game then. They were terrible for the first half an hour and lucky not to be 2/3 goals behind against a Bournemouth team who have now lost 9 of their last 11 games.

Everton are inconsistent at the moment and can be got at. With the players we have returning and a good pressing game to stop them playing out from the back as they like to them we have every chance of beating them.

Everton play some tidy football and turned over AFCB last week with reletive ease.

A painful 1-2 I think

Fingers crossed for your beloved Toffeemen today x x x

Fair enough. I think he'd be ok with Bednarek.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fair enough. You may be correct and hopefully you are because we need to be able to switch to a 4. He's improved massively since Ralph came in but he is s-l-o-w which doesn't get exposed as much in a 5.

Fair enough. You may be correct and hopefully you are because we need to be able to switch to a 4. He's improved massively since Ralph came in but he is s-l-o-w which doesn't get exposed as much in a 5.

All of CBs look better in a three every time we try a four they get exposed. I thought the game against Leicester suited Vest going down to 10 men meant we sat deep (actually we sat pretty deep even before that) and everything was in front of him so he could just kick and head the ball away and with and no space behind him Vardy couldn't get into those one on one situations with him where he would have caused him real problems.

A painful 1-2 I think

How much you got on Everton today? Should be another big win for you

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Update on my abdominal hernia which was repaired on Thursday evening :

Surgeon told me no golf for 6 weeks !

I'm guessing that Lemina is a tad fitter than me (:):):)) but it gives some indication that any sort of strain is not advisable for injuries in this part of the body !

I guess the anaesthetic is still in my system so please ignore this if you consider it bollards :)

Update on my abdominal hernia which was repaired on Thursday evening :

Surgeon told me no golf for 6 weeks !

I'm guessing that Lemina is a tad fitter than me (:):):)) but it gives some indication that any sort of strain is not advisable for injuries in this part of the body !

I guess the anaesthetic is still in my system so please ignore this if you consider it bollards :)

You sound like you’re buzzing on fentanyl.

If you offered me a draw now I think I'd take it, but it depends on who is back from injury. Hojbjerg is a big addition, especially as he could have missed this game but for the replay, and if Chaz gets any gametime, I expect he'll be buzzing too. On paper, Everton are stronger than us, but we have Herr Hasenhuttl so who knows what could happen. Everton aren't great on the road either.

We have some winnable games coming up, so ultimately we don't want any more injuries or suspensions.

Don't know if anyone else is heading in from Eastleigh on the train for the game ... good news its bus replacement service instead today :rolleyes:
That's why I took the scenic route from Shropshire, Luckily don't need a passport until (if) Brexit gets sorted.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually glancing at the table, with all the money Everton have thrown a their team this year (not to mention other years), if we do win today they're only 8 points ahead of us.

They've spent £80 million on Richarlison, Digne and Mina, not to mention the wages of Gomes, Bernard and Zouma.

We've spent about £45 million and one of them is a reserve goalkeeper and one of them is Elyounoussi. They should definitely be doing better than they are.