Cedric/Maehle

benjii

The Danish lad looks good and promising on the youtube footage (but can't base anything on that,even Hoedt had some highlights available). If he's as good as we're hoping then great, but I'm not holding my breath over it as he could stay at his current club to win the league and probably have a wider choice in the summer. Not sure why he'd choose us now, apart from ££ and the prospect of playing for Ralph.

I reckon we could get about £15m for him, which would be daylight robbery if we're honest.

Let's take it, get Joakim who is cheaper I think. He looks more suited on the videos, but you can't read much into them.

Either way, I'd just be glad to be shot of Cedric. I'm not sure if I've said it before, but I don't like him. :rolleyes:

I reckon we could get about £15m for him, which would be daylight robbery if we're honest.

Let's take it, get Joakim who is cheaper I think. He looks more suited on the videos, but you can't read much into them.

Either way, I'd just be glad to be shot of Cedric. I'm not sure if I've said it before, but I don't like him. :rolleyes:

What do you really think of him though? ;)

Cedric is gash.

Murphy telling the nation that Cedric is usually good at putting in dangerous crosses was one of his commentary highlights last night

Yes I did have a chuckle at that. Murphy is a terrible pundit.

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Cedric is on his way. We need a new right back whatever.

Crazy with all these Danish players in the team and in the rumor mill.

Poulsen would definitely fit the Hasenhüttl style of play. Would he and Orban leave a German top side to come here?

The good thing about all these Danish connections is that I can now get double up on daily Saints fix. As I can read English AND Danish news on our club :-)

Best regards from Denmark. Can't wait to be back at St. Marys on Saturday :-)

Watching the press conference this morning you sense this guy is the one we want as RH said he fits our system and they knew lots about him.

I guess it’s about getting a deal for Cedric sorted out.

IMHO Lookman as part of the deal would suit me.

He was talking about Jean-Kevin Augustin, no?

He is ****e to be fair, I'm with you on that.

This is not a new thing. He's not slow. That's literally it. Not overly quick either, mind you. Woeful tackling, can't head, absolutely horrendous crossing (half the time they just go straight out for a goal kick). Oh and he did that one good free kick that one time.

Edited by Instant Classic

This is not a new thing. He's not slow. That's literally it. Woeful tackling, can't head, absolutely horrendous crossing (half the time they just go straight out for a goal kick). Oh and he did that one good free kick that one time.

Oh you don't have to justify any of that to me! Never really rated him, bog average really. But now even worse as his attitude stinks and he can't give a ****. He screams bad egg to me and he's not good enough to warrant sticking with.

Good. Stupid foul was what lead to Derby's first goal. He's utter ****, can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot, can't head, **** at defending and attacking. Nice haircut though...

I'm confused. Are we talking about Cedric or Prowse? I think that Prowse CAN pass the ball, but the rest applies except for the 12 year old haircut and I suspect he is unable to grow a moustache, unlike Cedric.

Most of Ploddy's spot kicks were shiiite against the better team on Wednesday, even Mr "I am cold and bored" Murphy said so.

I'm confused. Are we talking about Cedric or Prowse? I think that Prowse CAN pass the ball, but the rest applies except for the 12 year old haircut and I suspect he is unable to grow a moustache, unlike Cedric.

Most of Ploddy's spot kicks were shiiite against the better team on Wednesday, even Mr "I am cold and bored" Murphy said so.

Schools finished for the day...

Behave!

Cedric's not fit to shine JWP's boots.

Don't understand the hate Cedric gets, not been great the last 18 months granted, but who has in our squad but before that was very solid, always seen him as a good defender, probably better defensively than a lot of other full backs in the league and of course is quick with good work rate but his attacking game let him down and prevented him from ever being top quality. But for like £4 million hes been a great signing IMO, very stable presence at full back for a long while.

Don't understand the hate Cedric gets, not been great the last 18 months granted, but who has in our squad but before that was very solid, always seen him as a good defender, probably better defensively than a lot of other full backs in the league and of course is quick with good work rate but his attacking game let him down and prevented him from ever being top quality. But for like £4 million hes been a great signing IMO, very stable presence at full back for a long while.

He was shown up once he lost people like Fonte and VVD along side him. They covered for a lot of his averageness during the Koeman years. He got beaten too much down his side, it was always a critisim. Now he's surrounded by lesser quality he hasn't stepped up, he's been shown up. Plus his attitude stinks.

Ryan hasn't been as good, but hasn't been shown up as much as Cedric has.

He was shown up once he lost people like Fonte and VVD along side him. They covered for a lot of his averageness during the Koeman years. He got beaten too much down his side, it was always a critisim. Now he's surrounded by lesser quality he hasn't stepped up, he's been shown up. Plus his attitude stinks.

I actually disagree that he gets beaten too easily. I think he's a decent 1 on 1 defender but struggles with his awareness and can't really head the ball. If we're offered £10 million plus I'd take it, on the basis that we're signing a replacement as Valery certainly isn't up to the required standard yet.

Putting the blame on Cedric for last night's fiasco is typical of the mindset of a few bigoted idiots on here. For his sake I will be pleased for him if he leaves.

Sadly, that will leave a space for the boo boys to gang up on another player, probably a foreigner.

No one is putting the blame on him for last night. Have a read.

Wasn't even that impressive during Koeman days either tbf. There was a period Martina was the better option.