Cedric/Maehle

benjii

I don’t get this mild panic about losing a bit part player. RH has been quite clear from the start that he wants a smaller squad and they won’t buy for the sake of it. There is no reason to get anyone in unless they are first choice starters, which isn’t gonna be cheap in Jan, so unless there is a desperate need then they are better off holding back and going full tilt in the summer.

Maybe Cedric is incredibly disruptive behind the scenes? Maybe Ralph thinks that either Bertrand or Targett can fill in at RB if pushed? He’s on sizeable wages and in the summer will have a year left. I agree an obligation to buy would be much preferred and given we will have shipped out or a combination of the wages of Gabbi / Davis / Hoedt and Cedric - you would hope there is some wiggle room for a loan signing at least?

Left backs playing at right back. Riiiigggghhhhtttt. That always works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t get this mild panic about losing a bit part player. RH has been quite clear from the start that he wants a smaller squad and they won’t buy for the sake of it. There is no reason to get anyone in unless they are first choice starters, which isn’t gonna be cheap in Jan, so unless there is a desperate need then they are better off holding back and going full tilt in the summer.

Because an injury or two exposes us badly.

He's not a bit part player - if you're seriously suggesting that the very raw Valery is a suitable first choice right back for a Premier League team with fairly moderate ambitions then lawd help us.

Let's hope they sort the replacement out - that wouldn't be "buying for the sake of it" by any measure.

Edited by CB Fry

I don’t have to suggest that he’s behind valery, the manager has shown that very thing.

Exactly. It's a fact that Cedric is a bit part player and if Ralphy feels we can cope without him that's fine with me. More to the point, if we can make make a few quid and sign someone to push Armstrong for a start/push Moi closer to the exit/give cover for Redmond, then I'm happy with that.

Exactly. It's a fact that Cedric is a bit part player and if Ralphy feels we can cope without him that's fine with me. More to the point, if we can make make a few quid and sign someone to push Armstrong for a start/push Moi closer to the exit/give cover for Redmond, then I'm happy with that.

But according to reports, we’re not making a few quid so we can sign someone to push our AMs.

But according to reports, we’re not making a few quid so we can sign someone to push our AMs.

I'll wait to see what actually happens rather than listen to gossip. If we get a loan fee and his wages off our books, that loan fee and those wages can be better used elsewhere in my opinion. Given the choice, I'd rather have another attacker than Cedric who I think we can live without.

I'll wait to see what actually happens rather than listen to gossip. If we get a loan fee and his wages off our books, that loan fee and those wages can be better used elsewhere in my opinion. Given the choice, I'd rather have another attacker than Cedric who I think we can live without.

Hahahahahahaha I agree mate but no chance of that on here

Ok understand why with wages less. smaller squad if we were mid table but we have the most crucial period coming up next 4 or 5 games we have big weakness in wing back area.

Hoping its all a smokescreen we get someone in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

so why come on you offer nothing but snidey comments and moaning at other fans.

The gossip is coming from statements from Ralph and local journos.

Ok, If it makes you happy I could just repeat what egg wrote as that is what I believe

If we replace him now, fine. If we don't IMO it;s a stupid decision even if Cedric's contract is running our and he wants to leave, better to keep a solid and experienced player here for 6 months and take a little financial hit, than potentially have defensive issues at crucial times.

https://youtu.be/c92DlN4olYA

I found this laughable and sums up why I don’t care that Cedric is leaving. There’s so little of note in this video. Clips which cut out before the cross is delivered, shots which miss and also a clip back from his time at a sporting. Less than 2 minutes of things to show.

Defenders hardly make good highlight videos, do we not also remember the good youtube videos the likes of Boufal had? That worked out well.

He is a good defender, a good experienced PL player which is probably why Inter want him.

so why come on you offer nothing but snidey comments and moaning at other fans.

The gossip is coming from statements from Ralph and local journos.

I think we need to trust the club. They have never let us down before....right?

Are you confident our squad is experienced or enough quality defensively then?

Improvements can always be made and a full back would be a welcome addition and I shall wait and see if one materialises

but I do also feel that the loss of one player is not going to make it all doom and gloom.

With what we have seen from RH so far suggests to me he knows what he wants and what he is doing so I will trust him as he has earnt it

If we replace him now, fine. If we don't IMO it;s a stupid decision even if Cedric's contract is running our and he wants to leave, better to keep a solid and experienced player here for 6 months and take a little financial hit, than potentially have defensive issues at crucial times.

You could argue that playing Cedric causes us defensive issues at crucial times (e.g. lofted balls to the back post)

Whatever we think, Ralph is making Valery his first choice right back by default, just because he keeps picking him in preference to Soares. Personally he is nippy on the ground courageous, poor crosser and an absolute liability with the ball in the air against taller players dropping off onto him. Physically we need a stronger right back in the Premier league.

Improvements can always be made and a full back would be a welcome addition and I shall wait and see if one materialises

but I do also feel that the loss of one player is not going to make it all doom and gloom.

With what we have seen from RH so far suggests to me he knows what he wants and what he is doing so I will trust him as he has earnt it

I don't think its doom and gloom just concern that left back and right back is weaker if as keeps being pumped out see Leitch today no-one arrives.

I don't think its doom and gloom just concern that left back and right back is weaker if as keeps being pumped out see Leitch today no-one arrives.

But are we weaker? RH has the squad playing at a far higher level. Lets not forget our results when Soares and Bertrand were starting every week (and no, I'm not blaming them alone for how crap we were). Valery and Targett are getting better week by week and if we have injuries, Jack Stephens works well at RB and Yoshi does an adequate job at LB.

Soares' heart was not in it (that was clear) and RH did not rate him - and I am quite happy to trust his judgement. If Bertrand comes back with the right attitude that will be like having a new player too.

But are we weaker? RH has the squad playing at a far higher level. Lets not forget our results when Soares and Bertrand were starting every week (and no, I'm not blaming them alone for how crap we were). Valery and Targett are getting better week by week and if we have injuries, Jack Stephens works well at RB and Yoshi does an adequate job at LB.

Soares' heart was not in it (that was clear) and RH did not rate him - and I am quite happy to trust his judgement. If Bertrand comes back with the right attitude that will be like having a new player too.

Bertrand not fit and Targett gets a few injuries Yosh is no left wingback

I get where your coming from but we are weaker imo.

Not saying Cedric is/was answer as he drove me nuts but its a gamble on youth.

Anyway hopefully we improve the squad.

Edited by Give it to Ron

Out

Hoedt

Gabbiadini

Davis

Cedric

In

Nobody

Yes we are weaker

On a numerical level, perhaps. But in terms of quality can you really argue we are weaker? Gabbiadini - 1 goal this season; Hoedt -liability; Davis - hasn’t figured this season and over the hill; Cedric - many faults and not fancied by Ralph. Don’t think you can evidence that in terms of quality we are weaker.

Don’t think you can evidence that in terms of quality we are weaker.

Losing Cedric we are clearly weaker in terms of quality. The rest leaves us weaker in terms of cover and depth. We did need to trim the squad though so not the end of the world.

Cedric leaving is not good though. If we don't replace him. Should we get Maehle in pronto then that's great, but to leave Ramsay as our only RB cover would be a very poor decision.

People need to wait until the end of the window before claiming we are weaker. :)
Hopefully the club will do better than last January where Walcott was (allegedly) all primed to come before ending up at Everton and I'm still waiting for Promes to sign...[emoji52]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I respect the manager and his policy is clearly to slim the squad and cut the wage bill before he adds more to the squad. Makes sense to me! He is convinced this team is going to avoid relegation and will be the base for next season with his choice of newcomers in the summer for pre-season. Great!

The fact that Cedric has worked with RH for a few weeks and still wants to leave says that he is not on the bus. Let him go. Valery is playing ahead of him, which is a good indication of this.

It is going to take time to sort the squad out and correct the mistakes of the last couple of years. We still have a lot of players out on loan that we really want rid of. Much of this will happen in the summer. Think that we have more than enough now see out this season and to comfortably avoid relegation. But think that the Summer will be busy.

https://youtu.be/c92DlN4olYA

I found this laughable and sums up why I don’t care that Cedric is leaving. There’s so little of note in this video. Clips which cut out before the cross is delivered, shots which miss and also a clip back from his time at a sporting. Less than 2 minutes of things to show.

LOL. 2 minutes!

Shows his 2 goals and two decent crosses for headed goals. Even showed a shot he missed (on a highlight reel?!?!).

Basically showed that he is good at the sliding tackle, good at dancing around and letting the opposing defense set itself and utterly **** at beating a man and whipping in a dangerous cross first time.

Hopefully the club will do better than last January where Walcott was (allegedly) all primed to come before ending up at Everton and I'm still waiting for Promes to sign...[emoji52]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Dodged a bullet wit Walcott, he is a shadow of the player he was .