Weekend 19/20 Jan - Other games

Batman

The current bottom three won't change between now and the end of the season.
February will be a key month for Cardiff. They have home games against Bournemouth, Watford and Everton, all middling teams who they need to be getting points from. And they have us away.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feeling Fulham might get something today.

Sure that will come back at me but just think Spurs are going to hit a wall without Kane and Son

I thought that too and have a bet on a win for them. Think spurs might come back tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Llorente having a shocker, og and then misses a sitter. Ref dreadfully poor. Alli just looks like he has pulled his hamstring. Would settle for Fulham not winning now. They were good in first half but poor this half and Spurs should have put them away.

Fulham have a decent run-in AFTER a horrendous March. Might be too late by then

Their easiest fixtures are home games against Cardiff, Newcastle and Brighton. Even *big if* they won all three, that puts them level with us now. Aside from that, their most winnable games are Everton (h) and Palace (a) which I'd say are 50:50 at best for Fulham.

I can't make a case for them staying up, I just can't.

Edit: Fulham's points per game, averaged out over the season, would have them finishing on 23.

Edited by Lighthouse

If it's the video I've seen on twitter, he was out having a fight anyway. Turns out one of the Millwall fans he was having a fight with wasn't very nice. Who'd have thought.

Runs in, gets the chop in the face - then falls over before jumping over the wall and crying off no doubt. Not like the films is it mate :lol:

West Ham 2-0 down.

Silva’s Everton are going backwards.

Won’t be many PL teams left in at this rate

Really disappointed we went out. Would have been a great chance of Skate derby, local game for me, at least a semi-final and a sizeable profit on my modest bet. Fail.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interesting reading KUMB this morning how much they sounded like us a few seasons ago arguing about 7th vs a cup run. I really don't understand why mid table PL teams don't do more in the cups. Sure if you are battling it out for top 4 or battling relegation the cup isn't a priority but for all those teams where you are safe why not put your best team out and go for silverware? the fans of the mid table sides would clearly love a trophy and realistically it's your best chance but managers continue to put out weakened sides in the quest for 7th.

Interesting reading KUMB this morning how much they sounded like us a few seasons ago arguing about 7th vs a cup run. I really don't understand why mid table PL teams don't do more in the cups. Sure if you are battling it out for top 4 or battling relegation the cup isn't a priority but for all those teams where you are safe why not put your best team out and go for silverware? the fans of the mid table sides would clearly love a trophy and realistically it's your best chance but managers continue to put out weakened sides in the quest for 7th.

totally agree, what else is there to play for for the last 4 months of the season? And from a managers perspective it just puts you under needless added pressure. Puel was already under the cost a bit, got some relief, and then brought it back in heaps with his selection v Newport. I think the only time poch got any stick here was after fielding the weakened team at Sunderland.

Just don't get it at all.

totally agree, what else is there to play for for the last 4 months of the season? And from a managers perspective it just puts you under needless added pressure. Puel was already under the cost a bit, got some relief, and then brought it back in heaps with his selection v Newport. I think the only time poch got any stick here was after fielding the weakened team at Sunderland.

Just don't get it at all.

Marco Silva got that and put a full strength side out. So so sad

Embarrassing that some of our so-called "supporters" even suggested him.

In fairness there's no way Everton deserved to lose that game (not withstanding the fact they can't defend a set piece). But yes, they really are going backwards under him. Digne was just as sh1t and moany as against us, gueye should have been sent off as he should against us. And the rest we largely anonymous. In terms of building spirit, a defined method of play and creating dynamic football you'd happily pay to watch, he perhaps wasn't the best option.

Such a shame ...

Back to today's games then, here's hoping palace and Spurs draw, ideally with an injury to zaha as well. Obviously got palace next, but have Spurs early March so adding to their fixtures when they've got a couple of injuries would be no bad thing IMHO. And giving palace an extra game to contend with might be useful.

In fairness there's no way Everton deserved to lose that game (not withstanding the fact they can't defend a set piece). But yes, they really are going backwards under him. Digne was just as sh1t and moany as against us, gueye should have been sent off as he should against us. And the rest we largely anonymous. In terms of building spirit, a defined method of play and creating dynamic football you'd happily pay to watch, he perhaps wasn't the best option.

Such a shame ...

Pretty much all of that stuff in bold is exactly why they deserved to lose that game. How many times have we said exactly the same about Saints; played well, tidy in possession, very good up until the final third, then fall asleep and let one in through a sloppy set piece.

Really disappointed we went out. Would have been a great chance of Skate derby, local game for me, at least a semi-final and a sizeable profit on my modest bet. Fail.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agree I'm still gutted we are out, missed out on doing Accrington away and a great chance of having a long exciting cup run.

Having said that the fact we got nowhere near selling out our allocation for the semi final last season you can't blame the club for not prioritising silverware.

Skates reckon they've done well going further than us in the cup, fingers crossed all these extra fixtures in this and the checkatrade will cost them a promotion place.

Pretty much all of that stuff in bold is exactly why they deserved to lose that game. How many times have we said exactly the same about Saints; played well, tidy in possession, very good up until the final third, then fall asleep and let one in through a sloppy set piece.

That's actually a very fair point. I'd argue the equaliser should never have stood but, yes, playing fine but with no cutting edge and a ropey defence is going to cost you actual results I guess. As we had been very good at demonstrating for the last couple of seasons.