Saints vs Palace - Build Up

Lighthouse

First of 4 consecutive 6-pointers for us and for once we have a decent break leading up to it. Hoping to have Bertrand and Lemina back and a new signing or two.

I'd probably go with the same team as the Everton game but with Bertrand in at LB. It's also very tempting to put Lemina in for Stephens.

Cedric for Valery on the right imo. On the left......Will Targett be fit? Will Bertrand be fit? Would love to have Berty back with renewed vigour.

Lemina situation seems a bit concerning. Get him fit and firing on all cylinders and he could be a valuable asset in the middle. I know the manager has a plan but we can't let talent like this slip away unchecked. Look forward to him being fit and ready.

Otherwise, same as today.

Don't think Lemina will walk straight back into the starting 11 now. Who out of Romeu, Hojbjerg and the in form JWP would make way?

Don't think he'll be fit to be honest.

Palace will be tricky. Usually well organised & they know where the goal is now.

Zaha & Townsend can be lethal on the counter attack.

We've got plenty of time to prepare for this one, hopefully Ralph can use this time wisely to fine tune another victory. Three in a row in the league - is that asking too much, am I being greedy?

We need to make the most of the ‘easier’ games which are coming along now. String a few wins together and see what happens.

They have just scored 6 away vs City and Liverpool, this is probably going to be a lot tougher than when we played them away, they will be full of confidence (so should we) and Zaha and Townsend are a handful.

I'd like the see Cedric and Bertrand in to be honest, I would be a little worried about Valery vs Zaha, Zaha made a mug of Milner who is very experienced.

Is there an U23 game between now and then, would be good for Bertrand and Lemina to get some minutes.

A week and half to prepare though.

Don't think he'll be fit to be honest.

Palace will be tricky. Usually well organised & they know where the goal is now.

Zaha & Townsend can be lethal on the counter attack.

I agree, Palace play the way that will test our weaknesses, hitting us on the break from our own corners with Zaha and Townsend,

Win would be great, do the double over Palace and would leave us just a couple of wins from safety.

U23 play Leeds tomorrow night, will be interesting to see if Bertrand features as part of his recovery, should give Gallagher a game to let him get 90 mins under his belt.

This will be a huge test due to their pace particularly on the break. Really need our wing backs firing on all cylinders. I would stick with Valary at RB...he’s quicker and better in defence than Cedric so more equipped to look after Saha who we need to triple up on. Likewise Townsend is looking like a new player at the moment and will need careful management. Thinking this could be a 2-3 loss.

I agree, Palace play the way that will test our weaknesses, hitting us on the break from our own corners with Zaha and Townsend,

Win would be great, do the double over Palace and would leave us just a couple of wins from safety.

U23 play Leeds tomorrow night, will be interesting to see if Bertrand features as part of his recovery, should give Gallagher a game to let him get 90 mins under his belt.

Agree completely about Bertrand & Gallagher. Sam could do with match-minutes.

We have almost two weeks to prepare for this one. Ralph will have them all watching Palace videos to highlight their strengths and weaknesses. He is a Master Technician and I bet he's already formulating a plan to overcome Palace. Won't be an easy game but I hope Bertie comes back raring to go.

COYS

They gave the bin-dippers a very tough game yesterday, not going to be easy.

This game will be a test of how far we have come since Ralph took over. After their display against 'pool we will do well to achieve a draw. But a win is achievable. COYR!!

3 weeks apparently.

I wouldn't rush him back either, now we're out of the cups i doubt we'll rotate as much so he can get his sharpness back in u23s , then perhaps be an impact sub for the 1st team for last couple of months of the season.

No sign of the team heading off to warmer climates for a training camp since there's two weeks for Ralph to work with the players?

Would personally rather they stayed home and practiced in conditions they're likely to face here in England. Toughen them up a bit. Never really understood why teams would go through the hassle and stress of traveling miles away to Dubai in what must feel a little bit like a holiday, when they could just go to the Cotswolds if they want to increase team bonding.

Palace will be tough. Townsend is probably at the peak of his career. Would take a draw before the game I think.

Here's how Palace have done since December. Most of the games are very close.

Palace 2-0 Burnley

Brighton 3-1 Palace

West Ham 3-2 Palace

Palace 1-0 Leicester

Man City 2-3 Palace

Palace 0-0 Cardiff

Palace 0-1 Chelsea

Wolves 0-2 Palace

Palace 1-0 Grimsby (FA Cup)

Palace 1-2 Watford

Liverpool 4-3 Palace

Not expecting Bertie or Lemina back anytime soon having listened intently to what RH was saying at the fans forum t'other evening. Not just about injury recovery and physical fitness anymore these guys have to do at least 30 sprints at full power to satisfy the rules of the new regime. Leave a dirty boot on the floor after training and you're dead meat!

Can't see poor old Bertie doing 30 anytime.

No Lemina in training pics from today. He really is struggling with his stomach muscle strain (which I believe is genuine btw).

Bertrand is there. No Targett.

Targetts injury didn’t look too clever on Saturday, seemed to be in quite a bit of distress when he first sat down on the pitch.

No Lemina in training pics from today. He really is struggling with his stomach muscle strain (which I believe is genuine btw).

Bertrand is there. No Targett.

Lemina's injury is so odd as he's been in a lot of previous training pics without featuring in the games.

I spot a Hesketh

fit=scale

Ralph said last week in a pre-match interview that Lemina has a stomach [abdominal?] problem - he has pain when he shoots -

- which wouldn't necessarily stop him training.

Bertrand is also training, and also "has some pain problems".

That’s interesting, I feel pain whenever Shane Long shoots. I wonder if I have the same ailment.