Saints vs Palace - Build Up

Lighthouse

The trick will be to keep him starved of the ball, if Hoj & Oriol are on song he may not fancy one-on-one with those guys one little bit. I'm not saying we should intimidate him out of the game... ...yes I am!

On another less hopeful note, the local weather forecast for Wednesday evening is pretty horrendous, heavy snow from 5 pm with temps at 2 or 3C. Going to make life very difficult for fans trying to get to town and pretty dodgy walking to the stadium as well. I suspect the police might intervene and get the club to call it off.

No snow in Southampton

a517a7f0205bd32695edf1a8a82815e0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The trick will be to keep him starved of the ball, if Hoj & Oriol are on song he may not fancy one-on-one with those guys one little bit. I'm not saying we should intimidate him out of the game... ...yes I am!

On another less hopeful note, the local weather forecast for Wednesday evening is pretty horrendous, heavy snow from 5 pm with temps at 2 or 3C. Going to make life very difficult for fans trying to get to town and pretty dodgy walking to the stadium as well. I suspect the police might intervene and get the club to call it off.

Surprised they don’t call it off now. No way it can go ahead in these conditions. Why are the old bill delaying in intervening? Crazy

Talk about doomongering ! Hilarious..

Zaha is way too good for our defence. Draw or home loss, I'm afraid.

Mrs JBS was watching their game v Spurs, mid way through the second as I came to have a look at what was going on Zaha had just failed to make a pass. She pipes up “I can’t see what all the fuss with him is about” “he has telegraphed just about everything he has done this afternoon”.

Just to note, and I've seen palace fans say this as well, Zaha has not been very good this season. He has 1 goal more than Redmond this season, same amount of assists and Redmond has picked up a lot under Ralf.
Well that's guaranteed he'll snap right back into form against us...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Be a great time to to win with Cardiff, Burnley and Newcastle playing Arsenal, Man United and Man City. Would be a real boost to push away from that lot.

It certainly would, so Saints being Saints you can put your money on a Palace win (late goal, scored on break in front of their own fans)

Mrs JBS was watching their game v Spurs, mid way through the second as I came to have a look at what was going on Zaha had just failed to make a pass. She pipes up “I can’t see what all the fuss with him is about” “he has telegraphed just about everything he has done this afternoon”.

I'm with Mrs JBS. I don't think he is anything special.

Just to note, and I've seen palace fans say this as well, Zaha has not been very good this season. He has 1 goal more than Redmond this season, same amount of assists and Redmond has picked up a lot under Ralf.

He may well also have had his head turned by the interest from Borussia Dortmund, so it's entirely possible he might just be phoning it in on the penultimate day of the transfer window.

Yes, I am clutching at straws here.

People not rating Zaha is another low point in this forum's history. It will never happen but I'd love it if he played for us.

Targett will need help dealing with him, as he destroyed Matt in the cup game under Ronald a couple of years ago. Shame Berty isn't fit as at least his pace could have helped cover if Matt got skinned.

Any fans of going back 4? Spurs looked far more threatening when they ditched the back 3 at half-time.

Given our players, I'm generally in favour of 3 centre backs at present, but if Palace play a front 3 we have two spare centre backs, and our wing backs can't get up the field as they need to look after Townsend and Zaha?

Good news for Palace: All their keepers are now fit. Benteke & Wickham both now fit & available.

Shame about the keepers, I would have felt more confident with Speroni in goal. Good news for us that Benteke is fit though, hope he starts! :lol:

Shame about the keepers, I would have felt more confident with Speroni in goal. Good news for us that Benteke is fit though, hope he starts! :lol:

i swear he is one of them players that always scores against us though!!! even if he recently he has turned sh*t!

Targett will need help dealing with him, as he destroyed Matt in the cup game under Ronald a couple of years ago. Shame Berty isn't fit as at least his pace could have helped cover if Matt got skinned.

More concerned how Valery will deal with him, will he be able to deal with Zaha windinh him up? Whenever I've seen him he has played predominantly on the left, admit I haven't seen him (much) this season perhaps Woy is deplying him more on the right. Frankly more concerned about Townsend this season, seems to be having a bit of a purple patch.

People not rating Zaha is another low point in this forum's history. It will never happen but I'd love it if he played for us.

It's amazing, isn't it? Won't be the same story at 10pm on Wednesday night. A very gifted footballer.

Talk about doomongering ! Hilarious..

Not me Chris, BBC. Yes, I know they love a crises and go to great length to scare the tits off people but I live miles away from town far out in a remote part of the Forest and salting lorries don't have these places on their sat-navs. When it snows we can be locked in for days.

Feels like a big big game. Win and we're 6 points from the relegation zone and I think will feel like we're waving goodbye to a relegation battle. Lose and I think it will feel very scary again!

COYR.

Pretty much how I see it, don't think a draw would be that good a result either. We keep saying that these are the type of teams that we need to beat to avoid relegation, time to do it. Lose tonight and we then look forwards to a tricky away game at a side that are improving and have just taken a point at Old Trafford. Pressure game.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Feels like a big big game. Win and we're 6 points from the relegation zone and I think will feel like we're waving goodbye to a relegation battle. Lose and I think it will feel very scary again!

COYR.

What ever we are feeling, as both fans and players, about our situation, those at Palace are feeling the same. We go into this game with all to play for, as do they, we are at home, and have momentum....COYR’s

every time Ralph has the players for a length of time prior to the match im impressed. Hes got them working hard, playing how he wants and getting results. so there could be an individual error - maybe we're due one but even then we havean ethicnow that doesnt stop when 1-0 up or 1-0 down. Backing the boys tonight no problem - 6 clear of the drop by bedtime and a couple of players in tomorrow

I watched the Palace v Spurs game the other day, and even though Spurs were poor and minus 3 top players they still arguably had a stronger starting 11 than we have. Palace were just too strong for Spurs and in Townsend and Zaha they have 2 players currently in very good form. Anyone not concerned about Palace needs their heads looking at. I'm sorry but both RB and LB positions for us are currently very weak. We need to keep Zaha and Townsend quiet if we are going to win this one i feel.

RH is not the next messiah, he has done remarkably well with the tools at his disposal but some of those tools are not as sharp as i would like.

Really hope this nagging gut feeling i have about tonight is wrong!

I watched the Palace v Spurs game the other day, and even though Spurs were poor and minus 3 top players they still arguably had a stronger starting 11 than we have. Palace were just too strong for Spurs and in Townsend and Zaha they have 2 players currently in very good form. Anyone not concerned about Palace needs their heads looking at. I'm sorry but both RB and LB positions for us are currently very weak. We need to keep Zaha and Townsend quiet if we are going to win this one i feel.

RH is not the next messiah, he has done remarkably well with the tools at his disposal but some of those tools are not as sharp as i would like.

Really hope this nagging gut feeling i have about tonight is wrong!

3 top players?

Spurs had 5 first teamers in that game IMO, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Trippier, Dier and Moura. They had no Kane, Ali, Erikson, Son, Lamela, Rose, Lloris, Winks, Davies, Alderweireld.

Wanyama came on in the 2nd half.

I don't think that Spurs team is better than our team, if that was Spurs' best 11, they'd be in relegation fight.

Should also note Palace scored a penalty from a completely unnecessary and stupid handball by Walker-Peters, and missed their own penalty as well, plus the BBC gave Speroni MOM, so could have easily been a different story.

I don't think we should under estimate Palace at all, they are big threat, but I don't think much can be read into them beating that Spurs team.

every time Ralph has the players for a length of time prior to the match im impressed. Hes got them working hard, playing how he wants and getting results. so there could be an individual error - maybe we're due one but even then we havean ethicnow that doesnt stop when 1-0 up or 1-0 down. Backing the boys tonight no problem - 6 clear of the drop by bedtime and a couple of players in tomorrow

This I think is the key, Palace have their tails up and are stringing a few results together and look capable (with the odd wobble in the mix too). Ralph has had the lads for 10 days training, I am guessing they will be like coiled springs for this game. As you say the results of Ralphs training time with them has been impressive. Take the Arsenal game he had the players a week and a few days, sitting in the stadium after 10 minutes into that game against a side unbeaten in 23, my thoughts were, blimey can they keep this up for 90 minutes, by full time my thoughts were how has he managed to change the players and still have the same names on the back of the shirts.

That's not getting carried away just noting that things have changed and those on the pitch look hungry for it again. Both Palace and Burnley are teams very capable of poking a stick in the Saints spokes..........but I am eager once more to get in the ground and the game to kick off, the uncertainty of result adds to the fun. And the possibility, and expectancy, of defeat is less than it was before Ralph walked into the building.