Next 5 Games

Batman

These may well be the 5 defining games or at least 4 of them. We do really need to win the 4 against the teams around us. Pretty well make us safe then
We don't need to win all four. Two wins and two draws and we're on 30 points by the end of Feb which will be fine to keep us on track to stay up.

Palace home - 30 Jan = 1pt

Burnley away- 2 Feb = 1Pt

Cardiff home - 9 Feb =1Pt

Arsenal away - 24 Feb = 0Pt

Fulham home - 27 Feb = 3Pts

That's my prediction. Hopefully we will do a little better and get a win instead of a draw. Palace are in good form though, Burnley away will be a very tough game, I think Cardiff is where we are most likely to get a win but I don't think we will win both that and the Fulham game and arsenal away we will lose. Fine margins.

Edited by hypochondriac

Reckon we will drop points to either Fulham, or Cardiff at home.

Appreciate I'm about to go into full blown MLG mode here but.... if we were to agree that Fulham and Cardiff are pretty much of the same quality then, logically, why would one predict a different result for these two games? Unless you're going more on hunch than logic? (which is fair enough)

Appreciate I'm about to go into full blown MLG mode here but.... if we were to agree that Fulham and Cardiff are pretty much of the same quality then, logically, why would one predict a different result for these two games? Unless you're going more on hunch than logic? (which is fair enough)
Because we have found it tough to win games at home against more defensive teams. They are also those 6 pointer games with a lot at stake that both teams will be desperate to get points from. Very difficult to get maximum points from both even though it is possible.

Because we have found it tough to win games at home against more defensive teams. They are also those 6 pointer games with a lot at stake that both teams will be desperate to get points from. Very difficult to get maximum points from both even though it is possible.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I walked up to you in the street and asked you one question, i.e. "What do you guess the result of the Saints v Cardiff game will be next month?" I reckon you'd be more likely rather than less likely to give me the same answer if I replaced 'Cardiff' with 'Fulham' in that single question.

Anyway, enough pontificating from me. MLG mode now switched off :)

I guess what I'm saying is that if I walked up to you in the street and asked you one question, i.e. "What do you guess the result of the Saints v Cardiff game will be next month?" I reckon you'd be more likely rather than less likely to give me the same answer if I replaced 'Cardiff' with 'Fulham' in that single question.

Anyway, enough pontificating from me. MLG mode now switched off :)

Yes but you may get a different answer if you asked if saints would get maximum points from both games :)

Yes, we often struggle to beat teams who come to play for a draw. But draws are no good to Fulham and Cardiff right now. They both need wins and will be looking at games against teams like us near them in the table to get them.

If either of those teams comes out and attacks us, IMO we will beat them easily with the fast counter attacking that Ralph has got us playing.

Maybe due to Cardiff having a far better defence than Fulham?

But after the past month, |I don't wish us to play anymore evening games at home.

So how many of the 7 did you predict from Palace? On the pre match thread you reckoned on a 1 2 defeat so presumably we are now on course for 8 points from those games ??
Yes...., but, no, uummmm, maybe...

Perhaps Batman was just hedging his bets, you know that he's normally dead on the money, right!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Will define our season, minimum of 8 points needed imo.

For me, I can see wins against Cardiff and Fulham and draws against palace and Burnley. I can’t call arsenal.

Win anymore than 3 of them and I think we can push for upper mid table.

2/2 so far... still on course to 8 points which I’d be happy with

Palace home - 30 Jan

Burnley away- 2 Feb

Cardiff home - 9 Feb

Arsenal away - 24 Feb

Fulham home - 27 Feb

I think these 5 fixtures could make or break our season. We are easily good enough under Hasenhuttl to pick up 12 points from those games, and bearing in mind we beat Arsenal shortly before Christmas at St Mary's, when we've been better on the road last calendar year, there's no reason we couldn't pick up all 15 points. But let's be serious, no team is going to roll over for us, so we have to be at our best, and hope we can steer clear from any more suspensions and injuries.

We're now on 22 points - I'd guess that 36 will probably be enough for survival this year, and the total may even be lower. Even if we can get 10 points from these games, we will virtually be safe and looking up the table. I think we will get 8, a point against Palace (who are unpredictable) and Burnley (whose own form has been good lately apart from their cup exit), wins against Cardiff (feel sorry for them really but they lack the quality) and Fulham (who I still think will improve but their defence leaks worse than my Thermos flask that I use for work), and Arsenal will get their revenge against us at the Emirates. That puts us on 30 points, and we should have a fairly comfortable end to the season. Any fewer than 7 points from these games, and we will be in the relegation battle.

Still bang on prediction but could have been so much better today. IMO 4 wins and a couple of draws and we will be safe. Until they scored today, we were only 3 wins and a couple of draws away from safety... And I still think we can get two wins from the next 3 games...although the Ings injury is worrying.

• 2 weeks later...
Palace home - 30 Jan = 3pts

Burnley away- 2 Feb = 1Pt

Cardiff home - 9 Feb =3Pts

Arsenal away - 24 Feb = 1Pts

Fulham home - 27 Feb = 3Pts

Heads gone mate

Reckon we will drop points to either Fulham, or Cardiff at home.

No way will we get a draw at Arsenal

Personally, reckon we will get 7 points.

Heads gone mate..

Seem Hypoo might be on the money

haha what a nobber. Doesn't matter the result from Palace of course you are on target for 7 still...

yes, i am a nobber for being over optimistic

Fail to beat Fulham and we will be in the sh*t and probably be done. To get two or three points from Games against Fulham, Cardiff, Palace and Burnley is a joke.

As I’ve said before and others have said what realistically is going to change even if we do manage to scrape survival? More of the same next year probably. No investment in the team, having to sell to buy players whilst the club make a healthy profit. Our better players sold off, we’re already being teed up for that in the summer with Kruger’s comments about Hojberg. Relegation is inevitable sooner or later under this lot. The January transfer window was a disgrace, what other club in a relegation battle would flog anything they could and not bring anyone in. It went almost as some predicted, a few links, a few bungled attempts to sign players, with post window articles about how we tried but it’s hard, other clubs didn’t want to sell. Funny how we don’t have any trouble selling players in January!

I actually don’t care if we go down or not, we might have a few years of struggle but a clean sweep from top to bottom is what’s needed just like in 2009. The club is being run disgracefully and it’s an insult to the paying fans who pay sky high prices to be served up dross and bullsh*t week after week. They think we’re all stupid with their bulls.it PR, hashtags and flying trannie flags to be “inclusive”. From Gao down the club is a shambles and we deserve to go down. It’s just a shame that the ones that will pay for it are the back office staff at the club, there will be a series of redundancies as there was in 2005 and the three years after, whilst the likes of Jack Friggin Stephens pick up £48k a week, like cutting a £30k member of back office staff will somehow make a dent into what’s being paid out.

And yet still come some defend the club, the investment, the running of it. They are The band that carried on playing whilst the titanic sank.

Fail to beat Fulham and we will be in the sh*t and probably be done. To get two or three points from Games against Fulham, Cardiff, Palace and Burnley is a joke.

As I’ve said before and others have said what realistically is going to change even if we do manage to scrape survival? More of the same next year probably. No investment in the team, having to sell to buy players whilst the club make a healthy profit. Our better players sold off, we’re already being teed up for that in the summer with Kruger’s comments about Hojberg. Relegation is inevitable sooner or later under this lot. The January transfer window was a disgrace, what other club in a relegation battle would flog anything they could and not bring anyone in. It went almost as some predicted, a few links, a few bungled attempts to sign players, with post window articles about how we tried but it’s hard, other clubs didn’t want to sell. Funny how we don’t have any trouble selling players in January!

I actually don’t care if we go down or not, we might have a few years of struggle but a clean sweep from top to bottom is what’s needed just like in 2009. The club is being run disgracefully and it’s an insult to the paying fans who pay sky high prices to be served up dross and bullsh*t week after week. They think we’re all stupid with their bulls.it PR, hashtags and flying trannie flags to be “inclusive”. From Gao down the club is a shambles and we deserve to go down. It’s just a shame that the ones that will pay for it are the back office staff at the club, there will be a series of redundancies as there was in 2005 and the three years after, whilst the likes of Jack Friggin Stephens pick up £48k a week, like cutting a £30k member of back office staff will somehow make a dent into what’s being paid out.

And yet still come some defend the club, the investment, the running of it. They are The band that carried on playing whilst the titanic sank.

Excellent post

Amen to that.

Bang on the money, couldn’t have said it better myself. We are , and will be, a sitting duck for relegation year after under this lot. Just makes you think what’s the point of it all.

This is the best post of the year. Absolutely spot on my friend. Sadly