Leeds Utd U23s v Saints U23s

trousers

Would have thought this would be a good opportunity for Gallagher to get some game time to build up his match sharpness.
Agree. Wondering whether to read anything into Sims being involved but Gallagher not. Would have thought they were both in the same boat (i.e. returning loanees with aspirations of first team football but in need of game time )

Agree. Wondering whether to read anything into Sims being involved but Gallagher not. Would have thought they were both in the same boat (i.e. returning loanees with aspirations of first team football but in need of game time )

Might be a mentality test by the boss, knows Gallagher is in his thoughts, but wants to see Sims as he is a stranger.

I saw some of the first half (not their goal) on a low quality twitter feed. I must say Sims looked the only one up to speed, and Leeds were far quicker and more physical and, I'd say, the better team.

Good to see Sims scoring. From what little I saw we've seen all the lads likely to play for the first team under RH apart from Sims himself.

I took my boys to watch this as it's just down the road, plus kids were free and adults £3. First ten minutes we were all over them and the Leeds goal was very much against the run of play. Some good play from our midfield but the final decisive ball was often lacking. Sims goal was a lovely solo run and shot, and Barnes was powerful.

The most frustrating thing as a spectator was the amount of long high balls hit toward Sims who can only be 5'8" and he was up against two Leeds centre backs of at least 6'2".

A very well disciplined Leeds team and their keeper dominated his penalty area, came out and caught crosses and corners, though too many of our corners and free kicks were too close to the keeper.

Ultimately we were undone by some comedy defending at the end.

Oh, and it was bloody freezing.